[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Oct 5, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #6,811 of 9,288
Hi all..

Proud new owner of the M11...REALLY enjoying it so far.

Question - is there a way for the wifi transfer in FiiO Music to transfer whole folders instead of individual files? Besides plugging it into my computer to transfer the folders to my SD cards, is there another alternative?

Would make my life so much easier!

Thanks!

I would guess that most M11 owners transfer files by the microSD card. So I copy my 25,000 files to the microSD card on my computer, then insert the microSD card into the FiiO, then tell the FiiO app to reset it's music DB and rescan all the SD card files to pick up changes.

Oct 5, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #6,812 of 9,288
Hi all..

Question - is there a way for the wifi transfer in FiiO Music to transfer whole folders instead of individual files? Besides plugging it into my computer to transfer the folders to my SD cards, is there another alternative?

Yes.

Without a cable, with M11 on your home network wifi, launch the ES File Manager on the Fiio. Left column menu, Network, Remote Manager. Turn On. Note the address, and the number after the colon. (on the Remote Manager screen, there's a top right settings option where you can tell it the home/root folder, pick the place, including SD card, to where you want to upload files)

Now on your computer, download and launch Filezilla or your favorite FTP program. Tell it the address of the Fiio. The number after the colon is the "port." Connect.

You can now transfer entire folders to your M11 without a cable.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #6,813 of 9,288
Hi all..

Would make my life so much easier!

Thanks!
Welcome to the club! I use Solid Explorer (though you can also use ES Explorer) to connect to my music server via the LAN over WiFi and copy directories, tracks, whatever onto my SD cards. So much faster than wired via USB 2.0.

Oct 5, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #6,814 of 9,288
Yes.

Without a cable, with M11 on your home network wifi, launch the ES File Manager on the Fiio. Left column menu, Network, Remote Manager. Turn On. Note the address, and the number after the colon. (on the Remote Manager screen, there's a top right settings option where you can tell it the home/root folder, pick the place, including SD card, to where you want to upload files)

Now on your computer, download and launch Filezilla or your favorite FTP program. Tell it the address of the Fiio. The number after the colon is the "port." Connect.

You can now transfer entire folders to your M11 without a cable.

Ah! Thank you! Is there a way of seeing the micro SD cards through this method? Looks like I can only see the directories of the actual machine itself.

Thanks!

Oct 5, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #6,815 of 9,288
Ah! Thank you! Is there a way of seeing the micro SD cards through this method? Looks like I can only see the directories of the actual machine itself.

(on the Remote Manager screen, there's a top right settings option where you can tell it the home/root folder, pick the place, including SD card, to where you want to upload files)

Oct 5, 2019 at 9:27 PM Post #6,816 of 9,288
Has anyone done a comparison of FH5 and FH7 with the M11? I'm looking at upgrading from my T20 and wondering if the FH7 is worth the $300 CAD upgrade from the Fh5? I tried searching this thread and couldn't find what I was looking for, so forgive me if it's been asked.

Edit: I know there is a big difference between the two, so I guess my question is more so considering coming from the T20 (which is the best pair I've owned) is it an incredible upgrade to the FH5 or is it more worth it to go up even from there?

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #6,817 of 9,288
(on the Remote Manager screen, there's a top right settings option where you can tell it the home/root folder, pick the place, including SD card, to where you want to upload files)

Hey again....

So, I've got it pointing to my SD card - but I keep getting a "550 Directory Create Failed" error when trying to transfer a folder.

...any suggestions? Thanks - really appreciate it!

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #6,818 of 9,288
Hey again....

So, I've got it pointing to my SD card - but I keep getting a "550 Directory Create Failed" error when trying to transfer a folder.

Maybe try creating the folder in ES File Manager before the transfer, allowing permissions. You typically need to tell Android you're ok with an app having SD card access.

Oct 6, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #6,819 of 9,288
Sorry...I have more questions.

When trying to drag files from the SD card into Foobar to edit tags etc...they won't budge. Foobar will not allow the drop. If I copy them to the desktop first, that's fine...I can drag them into Foobar, but not straight from the card.

Any idea why? Sorry - coming from the Pioneer XDP-30r - that was a much simpler machine to handle, though I think the sound quality of this unit blows it out of the water!

Oct 6, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #6,820 of 9,288
Sorry...I have more questions.

When trying to drag files from the SD card into Foobar to edit tags etc...they won't budge. Foobar will not allow the drop. If I copy them to the desktop first, that's fine...I can drag them into Foobar, but not straight from the card.

Any idea why? Sorry - coming from the Pioneer XDP-30r - that was a much simpler machine to handle, though I think the sound quality of this unit blows it out of the water!

Fiio uses MTP - Media Transfer Protocol - to connect with Windows via USB. This kind of connection is designed to transfer media files only. Try to google it to find why it is designed this way. I does not know why Fiio choosed this way of connection with Windows, maybe because security, stability, or similar. Or maybe because Android forces this specific kind of connectivity (for some reasons). It is what it is. I have an One Plus 6 with Android 9, I doesn't have a micro SD card, and I cannot use my device like a regular USB drive to transfer files, only MTP connection is available.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #6,821 of 9,288
Fiio uses MTP - Media Transfer Protocol - to connect with Windows via USB. This kind of connection is designed to transfer media files only. Try to google it to find why it is designed this way. I does not know why Fiio choosed this way of connection with Windows, maybe because security, stability, or similar. Or maybe because Android forces this specific kind of connectivity (for some reasons). It is what it is. I have an One Plus 6 with Android 9, I doesn't have a micro SD card, and I cannot use my device like a regular USB drive to transfer files, only MTP connection is available.

Yeah...I realized the MTP thing after I posted my question. It is a tad frustrating - but like you say, it is what it is. Appreciate your response.

Oct 7, 2019 at 12:58 AM Post #6,822 of 9,288
Short question. I just signed up for Amazon Music with Ultra HD with their 90 day offer.
I downloaded the App to my Samsung A8 and my FiiO M11. While the Amazon Music app works flawlessly on my Samsung it refuses to play songs on my FiiO M11 in most cases. Sometimes it works on my FiiO but most of the time if I start a song the Play/Pause button starts to spin.

The last time it worked on my FiiO M11 I had Amazon customer service on the line de-installed and re-installed the entire app. It then worked until I opened the Qobuz app at the same time and started a song there. Amazon Music stopped and Qobuz started but when I returned to Amazon it refused to work with the Play/Pause button spinning. Since then I have re-installed the app but it just does not work any longer.

Any ideas? @FiiO maybe?

Oct 7, 2019 at 1:25 AM Post #6,823 of 9,288
Short question. I just signed up for Amazon Music with Ultra HD with their 90 day offer.
I downloaded the App to my Samsung A8 and my FiiO M11. While the Amazon Music app works flawlessly on my Samsung it refuses to play songs on my FiiO M11 in most cases. Sometimes it works on my FiiO but most of the time if I start a song the Play/Pause button starts to spin.

The last time it worked on my FiiO M11 I had Amazon customer service on the line de-installed and re-installed the entire app. It then worked until I opened the Qobuz app at the same time and started a song there. Amazon Music stopped and Qobuz started but when I returned to Amazon it refused to work with the Play/Pause button spinning. Since then I have re-installed the app but it just does not work any longer.

Any ideas? @FiiO maybe?
Hi - do a search on this topic in this thread. It’s a known issue and has been disused at length. TL;DR - it’s an issue with the Amazon app, and Amazon is supposedly working on it.

Oct 7, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #6,825 of 9,288
I would guess that most M11 owners transfer files by the microSD card. So I copy my 25,000 files to the microSD card on my computer, then insert the microSD card into the FiiO, then tell the FiiO app to reset it's music DB and rescan all the SD card files to pick up changes.
For interest, how long did it take to scan the card? I did the same (a couple of times) and 20,000 songs AAC format takes about an hour and a half. Card is Integral 256gb U3 high speed card. For reference my Sony NW A45 scans the lot in a minute and a half!! I thought the M11 was supposed to be fast, this is epically slow...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back