[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Sep 30, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #6,781 of 9,288
I find the M11 is so fast, a few flicks of the finger and I can go from the first to last alums in a flash. Then again I also categorize my albums alphabetically by album artist, so really can’t wait for that feature to be supported! @FiiO
My issue is that if I'm in the track list, it would be much more beneficial to have a regular slider over the alphabet slider. Sure, it gets me to the approximate area of what I'm looking for, but when you have ~1200 songs that start with the letter A, and you want something in the middle, it still takes a minute or two of scrolling which doesn't help because the alphabetical sorting is still incorrect as well. So a standard slider will get you to those in between tracks faster.

I'm one of those weird people who are much more likely to look for a track rather than an album as I sit in shuffle 90% of the time.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #6,782 of 9,288
My issue is that if I'm in the track list, it would be much more beneficial to have a regular slider over the alphabet slider. Sure, it gets me to the approximate area of what I'm looking for, but when you have ~1200 songs that start with the letter A, and you want something in the middle, it still takes a minute or two of scrolling which doesn't help because the alphabetical sorting is still incorrect as well. So a standard slider will get you to those in between tracks faster.

I'm one of those weird people who are much more likely to look for a track rather than an album as I sit in shuffle 90% of the time.

It is not a good idea to change how to slider works. Rather that, maybe the should implement function that will scroll through the list track by track, and with ability to quick scroll to desired letter (with the letter preview like now). These two options implemented into one scroll should be good.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #6,783 of 9,288
Anyone noticed this small quirk or is it just my M11? when playing music on Fiio player if I switch on the equaliser, it doesn't do anything until I move any one of the equaliser sliders then it starts working. Happens every time I try and use the equaliser after it has been switched off for a while.

Sep 30, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #6,784 of 9,288
M11 probably will have some hiss with ultrasensitive, multidriver IEMs right? I'm using it with Westone ES60.

Sep 30, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #6,787 of 9,288
Updated to 1.0.7 a couple of days ago and - coincidentally perhaps - just experienced a freeze on boot for the first time. It froze on the bright blue bootup 'Fiio' screen and stayed there for ten minutes plus - while I freaked about getting 'Fiio' burnt into the display...

Holding the power button wouldn't shut it down. Removing SD card + holding power didn't work either, nor did connecting power and trying again, nor holding next track & power etc, etc. What worked was holding power and 'play/pause'. That shut it down almost instantly whereupon it rebooted a little haltingly into what seems like the new boot animation for this update. Perhaps my trying to do the first reboot +1 after an update into 'Pure Music Mode' wasn't the best idea?

But yeah - then I listened to 24bit 2832kbps 'Oh Daddy' by Fleetwood Mac. Makes me think that this player is a bit like an X7ii that went down to the crossroads and talked to the smiling stranger there a while...

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2019 at 11:26 PM Post #6,791 of 9,288
21374C62-7F29-40CB-9BF1-F444CE0A128A.jpeg

6644FFAC-909E-4D35-99EA-ECF2E105A37E.jpeg

How is pure music mode over android.

How are other users finding it?

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #6,794 of 9,288
Er, what is "pure music mode" ?
CORRECTION

Apologies.

Pure player has wifi etc but you just open to the player screen.
——————————

(Wrong).>>>>

Like iBasso DX200/DX220

A no wifi, no bells and whistles operating system. Parallel to the original (added with the recent update). Just a pure player. <<<<<. Wrong

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #6,795 of 9,288
Like iBasso DX200/DX220

A no wifi, no bells and whistles operating system. Parallel to the original (added with the recent update). Just a pure player
Correction, on the M11/M11P Pro, "Pure Music Mode" is just FiiO Music loaded full screen so you can't access any other apps, but Android services are still fully active, as is Wi-Fi, Bluetooth etc. It's not quite the stripped down, music-only mode of previous iterations in older DAPs. In fact I doubt it uses any less resources than Android mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back