[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Oct 3, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #6,796 of 9,288
Correction, on the M11/M11P Pro, "Pure Music Mode" is just FiiO Music loaded full screen so you can't access any other apps, but Android services are still fully active, as is Wi-Fi, Bluetooth etc. It's not quite the stripped down, music-only mode of previous iterations in older DAPs. In fact I doubt it uses any less resources than Android mode.

The question seems disputable, i'm a bit confuse about...
Fiio, can you exploit how Pure Music Mode works behind the scenes? thanks

Oct 3, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #6,797 of 9,288
The question seems disputable, i'm a bit confuse about...
Fiio, can you exploit how Pure Music Mode works behind the scenes? thanks
It's not really disputable. When I go into Pure Music Mode, I can still select all my Android services, including Wifi and Bluetooth. Nothing is "switched off" except the main Android interface, so you can't get to the other apps but they're all still there.

Oct 3, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #6,798 of 9,288
It's not really disputable. When I go into Pure Music Mode, I can still select all my Android services, including Wifi and Bluetooth. Nothing is "switched off" except the main Android interface, so you can't get to the other apps but they're all still there.
So Pure Music Mode is simply a startup option for Music App? I remember a X5 III note about Pure mode as an 'optimize mode' vs android...

Oct 3, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #6,799 of 9,288
So Pure Music Mode is simply a startup option for Music App? I remember a X5 III note about Pure mode as an 'optimize mode' vs android...
Yep, as far as I can tell it’s just a startup option, yes. FiiO Music becomes your only ‘app’, so you’re not distracted by other apps. That’s all it does.

Oct 3, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #6,800 of 9,288
Correction, on the M11/M11P Pro, "Pure Music Mode" is just FiiO Music loaded full screen so you can't access any other apps, but Android services are still fully active, as is Wi-Fi, Bluetooth etc. It's not quite the stripped down, music-only mode of previous iterations in older DAPs. In fact I doubt it uses any less resources than Android mode.
oops

Apologies.
I stand corrected.
I should have played around with it more.

Thanks for the clarification

Oct 4, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #6,802 of 9,288
Could someone let me know if mediamonkey app plays bit perfect and respects the os wide bit perfect implementation? Would be greatly appreciated. I didn't realize fiio also had this tech I've mistakenly said otherwise. I just want to confirm before I spend all my giftcards on this.

Oct 4, 2019 at 3:33 AM Post #6,803 of 9,288
Could someone let me know if mediamonkey app plays bit perfect and respects the os wide bit perfect implementation? Would be greatly appreciated. I didn't realize fiio also had this tech I've mistakenly said otherwise. I just want to confirm before I spend all my giftcards on this.

MediaMonkey doesn't unfortunately run properly on the M11 as it requires Google play services to complete installation.
Which is not supported on the m11

Oct 4, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #6,805 of 9,288
MediaMonkey doesn't unfortunately run properly on the M11 as it requires Google play services to complete installation.
Which is not supported on the m11

I thought it could be easily sideloaded. Is that not the case?

Thanks for taking the time to answer on this, I know I'm in the extremely small minority that uses mediamonkey, but I need to sync my Metadata (play counts) between desktop and mobile. I love my data.

Oct 5, 2019 at 6:41 AM Post #6,806 of 9,288
I thought it could be easily sideloaded. Is that not the case?

Thanks for taking the time to answer on this, I know I'm in the extremely small minority that uses mediamonkey, but I need to sync my Metadata (play counts) between desktop and mobile. I love my data.

It's what I use on my PC to sync/transfer files over to the M11.
So I thought I'd install the Android version on the m11 also. App installed ok but then asked to install Google play services. This appears to install a non functioning version.
So I de- installed both.

I love mediaMonkey on the PC, it's great for naming,tagging files as well as it's interface with Discogs for adding albums to your own catalog.

Oct 5, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #6,808 of 9,288
Hi all..

Proud new owner of the M11...REALLY enjoying it so far.

Question - is there a way for the wifi transfer in FiiO Music to transfer whole folders instead of individual files? Besides plugging it into my computer to transfer the folders to my SD cards, is there another alternative?

Would make my life so much easier!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #6,809 of 9,288
Hi all..

Proud new owner of the M11...REALLY enjoying it so far.

Question - is there a way for the wifi transfer in FiiO Music to transfer whole folders instead of individual files? Besides plugging it into my computer to transfer the folders to my SD cards, is there another alternative?

Would make my life so much easier!

Thanks!

Unfortunately no. Try to send zipped files, like compressed folder with track or something like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back