FiiO E7 Review
Aug 23, 2010 at 8:10 AM Post #31 of 89

Quote:
Great review Mark. Yeah, I've found that those complaints about the E7's lack of power are overblown (perhaps they had dud units?), it was able to power my 250ohm Beyer DT 150 to a comfortable listening level on 35 or so, 40 or more they're already past my loudness threshold.

i really do wonder sometimes as people, like i just cannot imagine even thinking about maxing the volume.  hell ive never even wanted to max any plain hp outs, some must have seriously damaged hearing out there.

Aug 23, 2010 at 9:16 AM Post #32 of 89

Quote:
i really do wonder sometimes as people, like i just cannot imagine even thinking about maxing the volume.  hell ive never even wanted to max any plain hp outs, some must have seriously damaged hearing out there.

Yes,the E7 via LOD have enought power to hurt and make unpleasant the listening.

Aug 23, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #35 of 89
Nice review. Glad to hear the E7 pairs well with the RE0s. I've been hearing a lot of Fiio naysayers around these parts bashing the E7, saying it's little more than the inexpensive E5 with a DAC section attached so I'm glad to see that it actually performs well within its price range.

Aug 26, 2010 at 8:55 AM Post #37 of 89

Quote:
The only niggles I have with the E7 is that the screen and whole face while pretty is begging to be scratched.  You know it’s only matter of time before you will spoil its looks.

Did you remove the plastic protective screen ? this is what gets scratched, underneath is a nice glass which doesn't get scratched easily and looks a loooot better.

Aug 27, 2010 at 2:51 AM Post #38 of 89
Finally received my E7 today. Relatively new to all this but I must say I am satisfied the E7 was a good place to start***. It's a sexy little unit. There was noticeable improvement using the DAC with my macbook and Alessandro MS-1i headphones. Bass boost opens up the sound stage at the highest setting and is a lot of fun. Can't wait to burn them in.

***I did purchase an RA-1 clone which in hindsight was amazing. It may have been faulty and I did receive a replacement clone with bass boost at my request. To my great relief and bitter disappointment the E7 sounds better than the replacement clone but lacks the sound stage, precision and clarity of that original clone. I wish I'd just purchased the E7 first rather than now missing my original amp and being left with a replacement which will now see little use.

Sep 1, 2010 at 10:25 AM Post #39 of 89
have you ever heard the corda headsix/xxs? just want to ask if i ever hear any improvement if i use E7 beside its bass boost function.
the only amp that i ever tried and notice something real different is the headsix that my friend owned, before i have E5 and didn't notice any improvement beside its bass boost and secondly linearossa W1 which i did notice only a slight improvement.
i really like the bass impact and treble on headsix it really make the difference, how about the E7?

Sep 5, 2010 at 9:42 AM Post #42 of 89
Half tempted to try one to see if it would go well with a westone 2 and 2nd gen Ipod touch. Love the clarity of the combo but feel that the bass is sometimes lacking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back