FiiO E7 Review
Dec 30, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #76 of 89

Quote:
Based on the boatload of new product release info that FiiO has dropped onto Head-Fi I would wager that a higher end DAC/AMP with 24/96 or even 192kbps support with the FiiO dock capability is probably in the pipeline somewhere. Disclaimer: this is purely speculation on my part.

Jack

Fingers crossed for this! even though i'd be slightly irked since my e7 is practically new, i'd still get it in a heartbeat! 

Dec 31, 2010 at 3:14 AM Post #77 of 89
I ordered E7 yesterday and supposedly to get it tomorrow. My setup will be: Itouch 4 -> L1 LOD cable -> E7 -> Sunrise SW Xcape for portable use. At home I have Art USB Dual Pre that I use as a USB sound card and it sounds so much better and louder than my laptop phone line out which has electrical noise and sounds tiny. Hopefully E7 can improve the sound from my Itouch 4 as that is my primary goal.

Jan 1, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #78 of 89
Got my E7+L1 LOD yesterday and I am very satisfied with the sound. It definitely improves the clarity and smoothness from my Itouch 4. I tried using the BB and it didn't distort the sound at all, I am very impressed. I also use it as a DAC from my laptop and it definitely sounds better. No hiss or anything just dead silent. 

Apr 28, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #79 of 89
Hi all, long time lurker,  first time poster.  

Ordered a new fiio e7/e9 combo from mp4nation back in december and after adult light use the usb plug on the back of the e9 amp has begun to fail resulting in obvious loss of signal or reduced signal to the left cup of my sennheiser hd650s. After testing headphones,  inputs, outputs and cable its been verified to be the amp, resulting in a return to fiio for a fix.  No problem these things happen and, while disappointing,  I didnt consider it a big deal.

Now the interesting part...being reduced to using the e7 as an amp/dac ive noticed that despite master resets and ensuring the settings are correct for "usb charging" the e7 powers off and all settings are lost as soon as the usb cable is disconnected! Unit will not power on until the usb is reconnected.  The battery icon appears to be charging as its connected too.   Ok, both the e7 and e9 failed after four months,  NOW it seems to be a big deal...  

Strange, I read alot on this combo (especially here on this site) before purchase and nary a bad word about quality, so Im more than a little surprised to have both components fail (in some way) after just a few short months of ownership.  I consider myself tech savvy and know how to trouble-shoot issues like these, and both issues came back to Fiio.  Very pleased with performance,  but has there been other folks with issues of build quality with fiio gear, or am I just super-duper lucky????

Jun 15, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #82 of 89
To be honest my E7 isn't driving my HD555's very well for gaming there is lowend bass distortion the unit is quite new as well, I'am not sure if i will keep it to be honest, I did try with many other Amps and it sorts the problem out, I can only but guess the Amp on the E7 is garbage.

They obviously want us all to buy E9's Personally the Matrix M-Stage is better value i mean, They are built with good components and get mega reviews, I would be happier to spend the extra £90 on the Matrix, Fiio seem decent for a budget but that's all they are Budget, Cost has to have been cut some where!, And they use Wolfson chip so running components must have taken a massive hit to keep costs down?.

Natty. 
mad.gif

Jul 17, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #83 of 89
I have had my E7 for a while now, and have loved every minute of it...paired with a line out for my iPod classic, 320 kbps mp3s and a pair of Grado SR60s it makes me a happy camper...the initial review was right though, the screen is thoroughly scuffed...

Does anyone know a good way to refinish these things? I know there are ways to redo the acrylic dust covers for record players, I wonder if the same would work here?

Aug 6, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #85 of 89
Hi happy Fiio E7 user reporting in and i am stoked using this as a USB DAC with my speakers and USB DAC/Headphone Amp with my cans/iem! 1st stuff outside onboard motherboard audio too wee~

My set up
http://www.overclock.net/sound-cards-computer-audio/1081726-sharing-my-el-cheapo-move-better.html

Aug 7, 2011 at 3:21 AM Post #87 of 89

Quote:
Would E7 be a worthwhile step up from onboard audio in terms of audio quality? I'm looking for an entry level DAC and E7 is a strong competitor in my eyes.

well it depends on what the on board is but yeah its likely to be a bit of a jump up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back