FiiO E7 Review
Nov 9, 2010 at 8:46 AM Post #47 of 89
I've been reading stuff on the following:
1. Re0
2. Re-Zero
3. Fischer DBA-02

The RE0 and the E7 obviously work together nicely. But have anyone of you attempted to pair the E7 with RE-Zero? Or the DBA-02? Could anyone tell me how do they compare with each other with the pairing?

Nov 9, 2010 at 10:20 AM Post #48 of 89
Quote:
I've been reading stuff on the following:
1. Re0
2. Re-Zero
3. Fischer DBA-02

The RE0 and the E7 obviously work together nicely. But have anyone of you attempted to pair the E7 with RE-Zero? Or the DBA-02? Could anyone tell me how do they compare with each other with the pairing?

Obviously RE0 will benefit the most from the bass boost, but other wise the others will be just fine as well. RE-ZERO and DBA-02 don't require extra amping in most case, and I will suggest you decide which IEM you want to get first before worrying about amp.

Nov 29, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #51 of 89
Hi Mark,

Great review - thanks.

I am considering buying an AMP/DAC as an upgrade to my setup, but considering whether to get the E7 or the Arrow.
I currently only have IEM (SE530, RE-Zero, UE700) but will soon pull the trigger on some home-cans (most likely Senn HD650).

Do you still have your Shure SE530 and have you tried them with the E7?
And do you have some home cans like the HD650 - or is the E7 not able to power these?

I will be using the AMP/DAC out of my Macbook Pro and iPhone 3GS - with the IEMs mentioned above and a can like HD650, main question is: Is this a good plan - or should I go for the Arrow instead?

Nov 30, 2010 at 8:52 AM Post #52 of 89
I thought that the E9 really added some power. Helped with my K702s

Nov 30, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #53 of 89

Quote:
Hi Mark,

Great review - thanks.

I am considering buying an AMP/DAC as an upgrade to my setup, but considering whether to get the E7 or the Arrow.
I currently only have IEM (SE530, RE-Zero, UE700) but will soon pull the trigger on some home-cans (most likely Senn HD650).

Do you still have your Shure SE530 and have you tried them with the E7?
And do you have some home cans like the HD650 - or is the E7 not able to power these?

I will be using the AMP/DAC out of my Macbook Pro and iPhone 3GS - with the IEMs mentioned above and a can like HD650, main question is: Is this a good plan - or should I go for the Arrow instead?

i havent treid them, its not really a combo id suggest either given the 530 is warm adding more warmth with the E7, not that it would be bad just not a pairing id naturaly pick.  oh and the E7 will happily drive whatever you throw at it, of course beefier amps will drive things better but they will do a nice job for now.  it runs my HD600 fine.  i do believe i mentioned it could drive them lauder than id ever want in the review.

Dec 1, 2010 at 3:41 AM Post #54 of 89
Cool, thanks Mark.

Will try and get my hands on the Senn HD650 and this little thing then.. :)

Quote:
i havent treid them, its not really a combo id suggest either given the 530 is warm adding more warmth with the E7, not that it would be bad just not a pairing id naturaly pick.  oh and the E7 will happily drive whatever you throw at it, of course beefier amps will drive things better but they will do a nice job for now.  it runs my HD600 fine.  i do believe i mentioned it could drive them lauder than id ever want in the review.

Dec 7, 2010 at 3:05 AM Post #55 of 89
Hi Mark,

Do me a favour answering my question: My sansa clip (not plus) gives a wam sound, what'll happen if I pair my clip with a Fiio E7? (Plus, I'm using Sennheiser HD238, an on air headphone with quite good lows).

Thanks alot !!!

Dec 10, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #56 of 89

Quote:
Hi Mark,

Do me a favour answering my question: My sansa clip (not plus) gives a wam sound, what'll happen if I pair my clip with a Fiio E7? (Plus, I'm using Sennheiser HD238, an on air headphone with quite good lows).

Thanks alot !!!

well i havent heard a clip but if either way the E7 adds a hint of warmth so it will warm up what you already have.  do you want more?

Dec 10, 2010 at 4:14 AM Post #57 of 89
Im worried the E7 output isnt anywhere near enough to improve on the clip+ by itself.  Im still waiting for someone who uses the E7 with a clip, so far nobody seems to have tried it...not one? :)

I know its power to be less than the RSA tomahawk which only showed minor improvement when using a clip.  

Dec 11, 2010 at 5:38 AM Post #58 of 89
Help me, Mark!!!

I've bought a new E7 to pair with my Sansa clip. But it seems not to improve the power of output :frowning2: Without E7, I set the volume at 80% to be enough to hear. But with E7, I still must set volume at about 75 ~ 78% (with the maximum volume in E7) to be enough. I'm not deaf, so does my E7 have any problems? Beside that, Fiio has recommended their product to be set at 20 volume by default :frowning2:(

Dec 11, 2010 at 6:22 AM Post #60 of 89
I am actually wondering if he plugged the E7 correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back