Fiio E7 or Cmoy bass boost v2.02
Oct 14, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #61 of 75
I don't know when exactly the update hit, but I know we've been selling the updated version for a while now. I have not taken one out to try out, nor have we received any feedback from users. From what I gather, there is no way to tell about the update from external appearance.

Based on the discussions we've had regarding the gain of the E7 in this forum, whether "a few to several" dB of boost is going to work for you really depends on your specific application and what you are looking for. For most people, the update would not bring about any practical differences during daily use.

Jack

Nov 10, 2010 at 7:16 PM Post #62 of 75
I think I can help here as I own both E7 and Cmoy 2.02

The E7 is just absolutely superb in terms of clarity. Great mids, delightful treble, tight bass.
Cmoy 2.02 has more warmth. Definitely more bass.
I'm not sure which I prefer...

Nov 11, 2010 at 12:12 PM Post #63 of 75
Does anyone know the exact release date or month of the new E7s?

&&I thought the E7 target market was the DAC users and not the portable amp users? Why is everyone arguing about the amp? I dont think it was ever designed to power big cans.

Nov 11, 2010 at 12:53 PM Post #64 of 75
Quote:
Does anyone know the exact release date or month of the new E7s?

All the new E7 coming out after August should be the new version. Of course this doesn't count in those old stock from before August which could still be sold by some retailers.

Nov 11, 2010 at 3:58 PM Post #65 of 75
So, I have this to say:

I just bought some AKG K702's and I'm listening to them right now
The Cmoy sounds terrible with the AKGs. The E7 sounds fantastic.

The Cmoy 2.02 sounds completely distorted. I think its trying to push too much bass and just lacks power. I have both the battery and external power supply attached, but its not enough. Every time the bass hits, the rest of the spectrum gets drained.
When I turn off the bass switch, the problem goes away.

The E7, however, plays well with the K702's. But I think this is because it's not trying to throw all this bass in. Could it use more juice? Sure. But I don't think its necessary right now.

Nov 15, 2010 at 7:49 AM Post #66 of 75
Since the oversea market is more and more important for us! we are upgrading our website now!  so in the future ,we will update more news about our products, and some big upgrade of our products!

About E7! there are not big different between old version and new version!  but we add a LED so it can show the charging state when E7 is power off! and also the gian is increase about 2.5dB!but it will not

change a big different in SQ and usage!

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 19, 2010 at 1:21 PM Post #67 of 75
You guys are sure making my life difficult :) Still I'm inclined to get an E7, so I can use it on my ipod/clip+ as an amp or at home in my desktop to play bad company 2 as dac+amp :p

Nov 19, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #68 of 75
I have both. They both sound great, but the E7 has a much higher value. For $30 more dollars the E7 is a steal

Nov 21, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #70 of 75
Oddworld: You may find this discussion useful. You're exactly right. The cMoy doesn't have enough power to drive low impedance headphones at high volumes with bass boost. An easy modification doubles the current supply and solves the problem.

Edit: The modification is shown here, under "Virtual Ground".
Quote:
So, I have this to say:

I just bought some AKG K702's and I'm listening to them right now
The Cmoy sounds terrible with the AKGs. The E7 sounds fantastic.

The Cmoy 2.02 sounds completely distorted. I think its trying to push too much bass and just lacks power. I have both the battery and external power supply attached, but its not enough. Every time the bass hits, the rest of the spectrum gets drained.
When I turn off the bass switch, the problem goes away.

The E7, however, plays well with the K702's. But I think this is because it's not trying to throw all this bass in. Could it use more juice? Sure. But I don't think its necessary right now.

Nov 21, 2010 at 7:50 AM Post #71 of 75
Damn, I was wondering if there was an easy way to do that.
I have the wall wart, so powers not an issue

Mar 22, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #72 of 75

Quote:
Well, these same threads you referred to also indicated that using the line out or LOD from a audio source provides plenty of volume. So it's not just the DAC that works well in the E7 as you've claimed here.  Even in cases where the user is limited to using the headphone output from a source, the source volume can be set sufficiently high to ensure a good signal quality and the E7 can then be used to provide superior power amplification to the headphones.

The only case where the E7 is not a good match, is when a user is trying to get more volume out of a source and the only thing he has access to is a weak headphone output. I am not making light of this situation, but this is quite a narrowly defined group that doesn't represent the majority of portable headphone amp users willing to spend $100 just on an amplifier.

Jack

Jack,

What are you saying? lol That you need a louder source in order for AN AMPLIFIER TO SOUND LOUDER??!!! This is the whole point of getting an amp. I have E7 sitting on my desk right now, and I am AMAZED at how little amplification it provides. (from LOD or headphone amps). Up to 50 volume my source is louder. What is the point of this amp??

About to send it back.

Tim

Jun 21, 2011 at 9:46 AM Post #73 of 75
Similar situation here, bought an iBasso T3 to go with my iPod Video and MS1 only to find out it did nothing but ruin the sound with an unbalanced amplification. Sent back to the manufacture and got my money back. After that bought a BSG CMoy for half of the price of the T3 and I'm in love with it.

Jun 24, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #74 of 75

Quote:
Jack,

What are you saying? lol That you need a louder source in order for AN AMPLIFIER TO SOUND LOUDER??!!! This is the whole point of getting an amp. I have E7 sitting on my desk right now, and I am AMAZED at how little amplification it provides. (from LOD or headphone amps). Up to 50 volume my source is louder. What is the point of this amp??

About to send it back.

Tim

Did they not bump the gain on the new E7's?  I thought that bridge had already been crossed.

Dec 22, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #75 of 75
The cmoyBB v2.03 is only $52 (shipping included in that price) for all the parts. Where is this $65 price that you're seeing. Are you trying to buy an already assembled one? Why wouldn't you just build it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back