FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page)
Sep 12, 2011 at 8:00 AM Post #166 of 611
Good to know, though I have had no complaint regarding my T3D.

Quote:
iBasso T3 output impedance is less than 1 Ohm. Or that's what i was told by iBasso at the time i bought it. It seems accurate by the flat frequency response it provides to hard to drive balanced armatures (TF10)

Sep 12, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #167 of 611
Quote:
I have mentioned it in the review - but yes, you are right. E6's output impedance is less than 1 ohm

Quote:
I believe E11 output impedance is under 1 ohm as well, so are all FiiO portable amp. The only FiiO amp with > 1 ohm output impedance is the E9, but there is because the opamp it used required a specific output impedance to be stable. I don't know the exact output impedance of T3, but as far as iBasso goes, they generally have a 10ohm output impedance. It might seem a lot, but the true is, a lot of older gears have much higher impedance (120ohm at times) yet people are totally fine with them. People these days are getting much pickier about output impedance than ever. Personally, I kind of see it as part of the synergy issue.

Just what I was looking for 
bigsmile_face.gif
. Did you measure both the E6 and E11 for output impedence? If not, where did you find the output impedences?

Thank You,

Daniel

Sep 12, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #168 of 611
No, I didn't measure them myself (though I will build a simply rig to measure output impedance in a week or two). The number is quoted from FiiO.
Quote:
Just what I was looking for 
bigsmile_face.gif
. Did you measure both the E6 and E11 for output impedence? If not, where did you find the output impedences?

Thank You,

Daniel

Sep 13, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #169 of 611
Got mine today, I am loving it, great value.  However I did like the way the E5 clipped to the silicone case of my Fuze, I don't usually amp my Clip+ but it would be nice to figure out how to attach the two without using a rubber band. 

Anyone have any idea's, or would like to share how they have the two connected?

Sep 14, 2011 at 4:09 AM Post #171 of 611

Quote:
Got mine today, I am loving it, great value.  However I did like the way the E5 clipped to the silicone case of my Fuze, I don't usually amp my Clip+ but it would be nice to figure out how to attach the two without using a rubber band. 

Anyone have any idea's, or would like to share how they have the two connected?

Try some double sided tape.

Sep 14, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #173 of 611
I just got mine today. It came as an extra with my Westone 2's. IMO, with 320 bitrate mp3's and an iphone 4 i think it sounds better without the amp. Even the flat EQ makes the SQ drop immensely. 

Sep 14, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #174 of 611
I totally agree with this, and since this is my only portable amp I'm not 100% that any amp can be used with a phone because I get a lot of interference from it.

Quote:
I just got mine today. It came as an extra with my Westone 2's. IMO, with 320 bitrate mp3's and an iphone 4 i think it sounds better without the amp. Even the flat EQ makes the SQ drop immensely. 

Sep 14, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #175 of 611

First Impression: wow that's small. As for the sound, its not bad. But I'm coming from an iPhone 4 that already has a pretty good amp section. The improvement is prob only 1-3% and it wasn't in the areas I wanted.

With that said, if anyone wants to take it off my hands for the price I bought it (it's 2 hours old), send me a PM

Sep 14, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #176 of 611
Those using the E6 with the iPhone4. Are you using a LOD cable to the E6 or are you amping the Headphone Out?

Was considering the E6 for an iPhone4 and ATH-M50, but I think I am going to stick with my current setup.

Daniel

Sep 14, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #179 of 611
Quote:
I dont have an LOD yet so straight out the headphone jack. But the E6 sounds great with my sony mp3 and TF10. As for use with the M50 I didnt hear much of a difference

Using the headphone jack into the E6 is double-amplifying the signal and therefore degrading the sound quality. Also, the interference you're getting is most likely because the headphone jack is also the wired headset/microphone jack. A line out should bypass all this and provide much better signal and sound quality, especially on a phone.

Unless you intend to get a LOD, you probably are better just leaving the amp out of the equation; considering how easy it is to drive IEMs, and as powerful as the E6 is for its price and size, doesn't even come close to say, the E11.

Sep 15, 2011 at 12:32 AM Post #180 of 611

I was planning on getting an LOD but honestly I think the iphone 4 is good enough for my purposes since I dont use it as my DAP and even the E6 is too annoying to carry around for me.
Quote:

Unless you intend to get a LOD, you probably are better just leaving the amp out of the equation; considering how easy it is to drive IEMs, and as powerful as the E6 is for its price and size, doesn't even come close to say, the E11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back