FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page)
Mar 7, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #496 of 611
Thank you for response. I'm using e200 Rockboxed and got used on enjoying my Phonak PFE 112 (gray filters, volume on -3, bass on +7, treble on +5). While E6 is doing wonders to listen them with my cellphone or PC, so far I'm liking the no EQ option for Phonak with e200, so thats why I asked. It can help sometimes moderately with harsh sound, but it seams like I do lose a bit of clarity on treble, so I wondered about your impressions. :)

Mar 7, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #497 of 611
The instructions say that it has to be plugged into a laptop or pc to charge. Does anyone know if it's harmful to plug it in to charge in a usb wall plug charger?

Also, my (replacement) e6 seems to charge for a short period of time before the red light turns off. Does anyone know if this means that the device is done charging. I wouldn't assume so considering that it was such a short time frame.

Help! I love this thing but after my first one kicking the bucket I wanna make sure it's not operator error. Thanks

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #499 of 611
The instructions say that it has to be plugged into a laptop or pc to charge. Does anyone know if it's harmful to plug it in to charge in a usb wall plug charger?

Also, my (replacement) e6 seems to charge for a short period of time before the red light turns off. Does anyone know if this means that the device is done charging. I wouldn't assume so considering that it was such a short time frame.

Help! I love this thing but after my first one kicking the bucket I wanna make sure it's not operator error. Thanks

Yes you can very well connect to wall charger.....there are no problems.

Reg. The battery charge»»» I suggest you do a full discharge of the battery by using it for 10-12hours.let it drain out completely. Now connect to charger and check the charging time.

It seems that, You probably didnt drain the battery completely but connected to usb charging that has more power still unused and yiu get the fully charged status within minutes.And you use the E6 again just for a while say about 2 hours here and there and you charge it and the cycle goes on.....

Mar 21, 2014 at 2:25 AM Post #504 of 611
Does this have enough power to amp from line out on an iPod classic? Debating grabbing one but don't see a great deal of point if I'm just running it off the headphoen output.

you better use an LOD cable than using HO. And i recommend E11 if you can stretch your budget. That being said E06 is not a bad candidate and cant go wrong with its size either,but E11 has little more advantages like matching size to piggy back with classic/touch,replacebale bl-5b battery,analogue alps pot and gain.....E11 a budget HP amp but can handle any IEMs and HPs with ease upto 300ohms.

Apr 21, 2014 at 2:46 AM Post #506 of 611
Will this work with headphones that have mic and volume control ? Can I still control the music and answer calls ? With my headphones plug in to this ?

No.

Apr 23, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #508 of 611
A few days back i got a 'Westone'  E6 bundled with a replacement Westone 3 package.

Decided to give it some use i ended up bringing it to the gym to power my gym iems (SE215) thru the iPod Classic line-out.

Results if not as nice as the iBasso T3 are very enjoyable. Actually i find it an improvement over the very decent Classic 7G headphone out.

Performance to price ratio is really high for this tiny thing.

Very nice for driving low impedance earphones at a very low cost. It tends to be the other way around these days.

May 6, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #509 of 611
Reg. The battery charge»»» I suggest you do a full discharge of the battery by using it for 10-12hours.let it drain out completely. Now connect to charger and check the charging time.

It seems that, You probably didnt drain the battery completely but connected to usb charging that has more power still unused and yiu get the fully charged status within minutes.And you use the E6 again just for a while say about 2 hours here and there and you charge it and the cycle goes on.....

Do NOT follow his advice, it is incorrect for batteries in lithium ion devices. The E6 has a lithium battery and as such has no "battery memory." Repeated full discharges of this type of battery will actually damage it and reduce it's lifespan.

What Shawn is suggesting here applies to older nickel cadmium and nickel metal hydride batteries, they had this charge memory effect. Lithium ion does not and repeatedly discharging the battery completely will wear it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back