FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page)
May 29, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #511 of 611
How good will this amp sound on my ipod with the pumas bread n butter ear buds. I bought this app called swhipy which lets me play all my music library with an equalizer. I want to know if it will distort the sound or not.

May 29, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #512 of 611
How good will this amp sound on my ipod with the pumas bread n butter ear buds. I bought this app called swhipy which lets me play all my music library with an equalizer. I want to know if it will distort the sound or not.

are you really listening to it that loud and boosting the bass that much? the mids are practically gone

surprised its not distorting or clipping 0.0

May 31, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #513 of 611
My ear buds have way toooo much mids, with that eq set up, i have plenty of mids. The bass isnt really that high, i only only use the first two bars for bass to get a rich boomy bass instead of the bulky acustic bass from the original ipod music app.

Jun 6, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #515 of 611
  Can someone recommend a respectable seller for the E6,i am reading that there are a lot of fakes around...
Also is an Lod cable necessary with an ipod?

I tried giving you a link to FiiO's authorised sellers but it appears broken atm. I would advise you purchase from MP4Nation as they're an authorised FiiO seller. :http://www.mp4nation.net/headphones-earphones/fiio-audio-products/fiio-e6-portable-audio-headphone-amplifier

About the LOD, what model iPod do you have?

Jun 6, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #516 of 611

I tried giving you a link to FiiO's authorised sellers but it appears broken atm. I would advise you purchase from MP4Nation as they're an authorised FiiO seller. :http://www.mp4nation.net/headphones-earphones/fiio-audio-products/fiio-e6-portable-audio-headphone-amplifier

About the LOD, what model iPod do you have?

Thanks for the reply,and the link.
About the LOD: i have an Ipod video 30gb,it is 5th gen i think,so is the LOD necessery for it?

Jun 6, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #517 of 611
  Thanks for the reply,and the link.
About the LOD: i have an Ipod video 30gb,it is 5th gen i think,so is the LOD necessery for it?

Yes, for iPod Video you will want to take advantage of the line out dock. It's always best to use line out whereever possible, as feeding an amp from a players headphone out means the signal is passing through the players internal amp. By using an LOD you bypass that taking a signal straight from the DAC.

You can find them on eBay here: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=Ipod+video&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XIpod+lod&_nkw=Ipod+lod&_sacat=0

I will also give you one I recommended: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMSL-HI-END-Silver-plated-Audio-cable-for-iphone-ipod-Nano-DOCK-to-3-5mm-JACK-/121075927376?pt=US_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item1c30b00950

Jun 6, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #519 of 611
  Thanks for the reply

i could sell you my fiio e6 amp =0 i only bought it to use the lod because the headphone jack on my ipod touch broke. now i got a new ipod touch so its basically gathering dust

its well kept and i can give you everything in the box (i'll have to search around) plus ofc the lod cable (which comes separately)

its guaranteed authentic purchased from headfoneshop.com in toronto

Jun 15, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #520 of 611
So my E6 has just died...it seems to charge ok (the red light comes on) but it won't turn on...had it several months, I use it regularly with an iPod shuffle out on my bike. Before I order another, are there any other similar size amps around?
Thanks

Jun 16, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #521 of 611
Hi,

I have been trying to make my way around the budget audiophile world, mostly with help from great reviewers like ClieOS and Joker. So my current doubt is regarding the source. I currently use just my phone (Sony Xperia SP) for my music needs, with IEMs like the Sony MH1C, Vsonic GR02 BE, VSD1, and VSD3 (Ordered, yet to receive). And I try to use 320kbps MP3 Files always, cant go higher, try not to go lower. Now, considering I am on a budget, and don't like carrying around extra equipment in my pockets (but will do if it really has a positive effect on the sound quality), should I get a Sansa Clip+/Zip or/and a FiiO E6 (for use with the phone and/or with the Sansa). Or if you have any other suggestions, I'm all ears. I'm from India, so availability might be an issue (clip+/zip/E6 are available though)

Thanks in advance!

:)

Jun 16, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #522 of 611
Hi,

I have been trying to make my way around the budget audiophile world, mostly with help from great reviewers like ClieOS and Joker. So my current doubt is regarding the source. I currently use just my phone (Sony Xperia SP) for my music needs, with IEMs like the Sony MH1C, Vsonic GR02 BE, VSD1, and VSD3 (Ordered, yet to receive). And I try to use 320kbps MP3 Files always, cant go higher, try not to go lower. Now, considering I am on a budget, and don't like carrying around extra equipment in my pockets (but will do if it really has a positive effect on the sound quality), should I get a Sansa Clip+/Zip or/and a FiiO E6 (for use with the phone and/or with the Sansa). Or if you have any other suggestions, I'm all ears. I'm from India, so availability might be an issue (clip+/zip/E6 are available though)

Thanks in advance!

:)

get E11 instead.....mp4nation.net.

Jun 17, 2014 at 6:46 AM Post #524 of 611
get E11 instead.....mp4nation.net.

E11(~70$) with my phone will be better than a Sansa Clip+/Zip(~65$)?

The clip zip is the best value for the money purchase I've made. It sounds very good. FWIW, my E6 doesn't improve the sound of my clip zip.

Of all the reviews I have read, I am leaning towards the Clip+ over the Clip Zip... hardware is the same accept the screen, and I think because of that, battery on the Clip+ will be better.

Jun 17, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #525 of 611
E11(~70$) with my phone will be better than a Sansa Clip+/Zip(~65$)?

I would say, first try investing on the E11 and since you are on budget you can then decide/buy the source(mp3player) as i cant say/comment on your xperia's SQ but all we can say the amp does some justice for sure when connected between the phone and ear/headphones. Having said that,you can first try out with your phone and hear yourself how it takes.

Though E11 is bit pricey to E06, its a wise futuristic investment actually,that it can handle any IEMs and most of the Over the ear,full size headphones(even 300 ohm power hungry ones). Features eq,replaceable nokia bl-5b battery etc and excellent form factor to match most of the source like ipods,touch,fiio,ibasso etc when piggy backed.

Whats ur overall budget?looks like you can stretch for both,upto $150......is my understanding correct? That way can give sone tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back