FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page)
Sep 14, 2014 at 6:31 AM Post #541 of 611
Hey,

I've been using Fiio E6 for some time now and with my previous notebook (Lenovo Y580) it worked completely fine. I have recently bought a new notebook (Clevo P150SM-A, I guess it's often called Sager 8268 at the other side of Atlantic) and I have a small problem: I can't charge it using USB port of my notebook and use my headphones at the same time (no sound) - just like connecting Fiio E6 via USB was disabling jack of my sound card which sounds ridiculous to me. Anyone knows what it might be? 

Sorry for my English and thanks in advance for your help. :)

Sep 14, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #542 of 611
  Hey,

I've been using Fiio E6 for some time now and with my previous notebook (Lenovo Y580) it worked completely fine. I have recently bought a new notebook (Clevo P150SM-A, I guess it's often called Sager 8268 at the other side of Atlantic) and I have a small problem: I can't charge it using USB port of my notebook and use my headphones at the same time (no sound) - just like connecting Fiio E6 via USB was disabling jack of my sound card which sounds ridiculous to me. Anyone knows what it might be? 

Sorry for my English and thanks in advance for your help. :)

Probably because your new notebook has a shared ground between the USB and the headphone jack, which causes the two circuit to short out when you connect E6 to both at the same time. In this case, I'll strongly advice never to connect them at the same time, just for safety reason.

Sep 14, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #543 of 611
Hey there, Budding Audiophile here. I just got one of these, my first amp. I've used it on my Desktop and My Ipod Nano with both my Audio-Technica ATH-M50's and my Vmoda Crossfade-LP's. Its a nice little machine, good at bringing out a bit more from the headphones. All in all, I like it. I don't always bother with it but when I use it, its a neat little thing. I've not really played around with the EQ settings, seeing as I'm not a bass-head (I prefer a more evenly distributed sound)  but just for fun, I tried EQ1 on the Vmodas while listening to Daft punk and, well, you can feel the bass.

My only issue is I cant use it w/ My laptop since, unfortunatly, the jack is slightly damaged and while it isnt a problem with headphones, the amp is very sensitive to contact issues I guess and you get this horrendous noise from it that almost blew my earsdrums.

Oct 1, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #544 of 611
Hey guys,

My question is quite simple. I've been looking into the E06 and E11K (Kilimanjaro2). I just want to know which one is better (as far as price/quality rate is concerned) for my setup, which is Xperia Z1 smartphone + Sony MDR-1R headphones.

Thanks! 

Oct 1, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #545 of 611
  Hey guys,

My question is quite simple. I've been looking into the E06 and E11K (Kilimanjaro2). I just want to know which one is better (as far as price/quality rate is concerned) for my setup, which is Xperia Z1 smartphone + Sony MDR-1R headphones.

Thanks! 

E11K without a doubt.

Oct 10, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #547 of 611
Got e6 yesterday,,,,with eq2 setting it improves my brainwavz m3 a lot and am lad i got this thing.
However there is appreciable noise when i plug my earphone socket it...................as in the background is not black/dark and when i unplug there is visible difference.

Anyhow it dosen't affect much,in fact i don't even notice it when music plays but i would have been happy had it been totally quiet.

ps-----am using clip+ headphone out

Nov 4, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #548 of 611
FiiO's official AliExpress store......enjoy!

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1473108?utm_campaign=website&utm_source=sendgrid.com&utm_medium=email

Nov 23, 2014 at 4:57 AM Post #549 of 611
hi just to clarify does it make the same bass boost quality as my sony walkman? i have a sony walkman that plays only cds, no mp3s, cause that way i could use that as my primary audio player cause it has nice two bass boost options. and it is hardware bass and i do not hear even a hint of distortion. does the fiio e6 make the same bass boost? cause that is the main reason i would buy it. the software eq bass just isn't as good no matter how i do it. may be vox has the best eq but others distort bass eq. also the eq are not the same, each eq software eqs differently, and none of them is good for bass, except with vox being pretty descent but not as good as bass boost on my sony walkman cd player. just for interest i have sony walkman d-ej000 which cost me about 25 euro but it has the best bass sound. as i understand it is hardware bass. and quite frankly sony has a pretty good bass boost. now where is the bass button on my ipod, iphone? why did apple not put one in the iphones? i don't know, anyway this why i am looking at fiio e6 and want to clarify if it has the same bass as sony cd walk man player, i mean as good. or not as good, also does fiio e6 has two bass options like sony cd walkman players or only one bass eq? thanks

Jan 16, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #550 of 611
The Fiio E6 has 2 bass EQs, but I don't use any of them since it distorts the bass when paired with my Audio Technica ATH-Pro500MK2. But you can try, the Pro500MK2's impedance is not quite that high so I guess it gets distorted when the bass EQs are enabled.

Jan 20, 2015 at 7:07 AM Post #551 of 611
The Fiio E6 has 2 bass EQs, but I don't use any of them since it distorts the bass when paired with my Audio Technica ATH-Pro500MK2. But you can try, the Pro500MK2's impedance is not quite that high so I guess it gets distorted when the bass EQs are enabled.

Strange. It shouldn't distort no matter the impedance, try lowering the volume in the source and increasing FiiO gain.

To clarify, the 'red' mode is 'extreme low end' making everything sound very dark and muffled. 'Blue' mode is what is most commonly used with this amp: bass boost along with other EQ corrections to get more bass without losing clarity.

Jan 20, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #552 of 611

Strange. It shouldn't distort no matter the impedance, try lowering the volume in the source and increasing FiiO gain.

To clarify, the 'red' mode is 'extreme low end' making everything sound very dark and muffled. 'Blue' mode is what is most commonly used with this amp: bass boost along with other EQ corrections to get more bass without losing clarity.

Yes, thanks for the tip. I really find the bass too much if I enabled the Red or the Blue EQ.

Jan 21, 2015 at 5:37 AM Post #553 of 611

I tried giving you a link to FiiO's authorised sellers but it appears broken atm. I would advise you purchase from MP4Nation as they're an authorised FiiO seller. :http://www.mp4nation.net/headphones-earphones/fiio-audio-products/fiio-e6-portable-audio-headphone-amplifier

About the LOD, what model iPod do you have?

wow, it's 
$28.50 ​
+ free worldwide shipping, that means it's even cheaper than the cheapest ebay listings from Hong Kong.  

Jan 22, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #554 of 611
  wow, it's 
$28.50 ​
+ free worldwide shipping, that means it's even cheaper than the cheapest ebay listings from Hong Kong.  

I got mine for $23.00 (after discount coupons and with free shipping) from an online distributor in the Philippines. And it's authentic after checking and registering from the Fiio website :-D.

Jan 24, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #555 of 611
I have a question,
I have a iPod Nano 6G and plan to use line out with the Fiio E6 with ripped compact discs to 128 AAC. My question is if I use the 6G EQ with the E6 will it sound bad? Or should I use EQ off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back