Fiio E5 or Gary's PA2V2?
Apr 19, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #46 of 67
My Fiio E5 looks and sounds like something from the 99p shop.
My Pa2V2 on the other hand, is one of the best amps ,for the money, out there.
It brings a good sound improvement to the party, and the battery lasts forever.
Haven't tried it with IEM's though,as i don't really see the point it them.
tongue.gif

Apr 20, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #47 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenmac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just bought an PA2V2 via fleabay to go with my 32GB Ipod Touch and IE6's

Noticed that at low volume or with the LOD connected there is quite a bot og background "crackle"

Is the unit broken ?

confused_face(1).gif

What type of batteries are you using? IIRC, that makes a difference, as Ni-MH type is recommended.

Apr 21, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #49 of 67
I notice those earphones seem to be designed to look like hearing aids.This will be useful in later life when you are all needing one.My Doctor told me that the smallest thing you should ever put in your ear is your elbow. See you in the surgery..
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 4:11 AM Post #50 of 67
*Taken From Gary's website www.electric-avenues.com*
"I will stand behind this product and be happy to service any amp (at no charge) should anything ever go
wrong, and this offer extends for the rest of my life. I'll admit, a few amplifiers have come back for repair
and they were fixed, then returned by the next day. Even if the amp breaks and it's your fault, it doesn't
matter, I will still fix it."

Now THAT is customer service!
I'm TOTALLY gonna buy one!!

Apr 23, 2010 at 4:04 AM Post #52 of 67
I'm ordering mine monday AHHH can't wait!

Apr 23, 2010 at 4:15 AM Post #53 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blasto_Brandino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm ordering mine monday AHHH can't wait!

Quote:

Just ordered a cheap amp, the lisa will take a few weeks, will have pics up when it arrives

You're ordering them both?

Apr 23, 2010 at 4:20 AM Post #54 of 67
Yep, The LISA III Is for a pair of HD800's those are going to take longer, but I've already got 500$ toward the lisa saved, one paycheck more and bam! I've got it!.
I ordered the Fiio E7 but it is gonna take a month to get to me! It was supposed to let me run my HD650's in the meantime, but this PA2V2 will more than suffice!

EDIT: Just ordered the PA2V2

May 8, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #55 of 67
I'm really interested now in buying an amp. I recently bought a pair of TF-10 on ebay. Now my question how much better is the Arrow compared to PA2V. I know the price difference is about 200 dollar but I was wondering which one has more value. This will be my first amp, should I spend a 200 more and get a amp that will last long no need to upgrade. Or will i be happy with the PA2V2?

May 8, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #56 of 67
i just ordered my pa2v2, with the intention of potentially upgrading.
from what i can tell they arent hard to sell on for a not so huge loss

think its worth buying one and seeing how it goes

May 9, 2010 at 1:36 PM Post #57 of 67
I also own both the PA2V2 and the Fiio E5 amps, and I have been using them with a 5.5 generation iPod.  With both these amps, I find it preferable to use the iPod line out instead of connecting the ipod to the amp thru the headphone line.  With volume levels necessary to listen to rock and blues loudly, the hiss heard thru Westone 3's or 2's is virtually eliminated when the ipod is connected to either amp thru the line out.  Line out docks can vary markedly in price (and supposedly in sound quality as well), but I have a very inexpensive LOD made by FiiO (cost about $9 US on ebay, shipping included from a fellow in Ireland), and even this inexpensive LOD connecting the iPod to these amps greatly reduces the hissing background and clarifies the sound.  I also have a LOD made by Audio Minor and the sound is also quite good (This LOD cost about $25-30 US with shipping included, bought off ebay from Audio Minor).  When using the PA2V2 with the iPod thru the line out, you must turn the gain way down using the turn screws inside the amp or the sound is too loud and distorted.  Be careful also when hooking up the LOD with the FiiO E5; start with the volume low and then increase as needed.  I'm not always convinced that the FiiO 5 amp does much more than increase the volume, but it does make it posible to use the line out on the iPod, which in my opinion has much better sound than the headphone line (at least much less background hiss with a clearer, cleaner sound).  So if you're considering a relatively inexpensive way to improve your iPod sound, strongly consider adding a LOD to either of these amps.  I know that both the PA2V2 and the E5 come with lines to connect thru the headphone line, but do yourself a favor and buy a LOD and use the line out instead.  You won't regret it...

May 9, 2010 at 2:55 PM Post #58 of 67
Gary has great service with the PA2V2 - I very much enjoyed talking with him. I heard a bit of extra bass from my AKG 81 DJ with the PA2V2 through the 1st Gen Nano's line out, though obviously not a mindblowing improvement.

May 10, 2010 at 6:37 AM Post #59 of 67
Ive been looking into getting my first amp lately, and the PA2V2 looks like a really good choice. Do you guys think I would get much of a boost on my Monster Turbine Pro Gold's? I also have a pair of Audio-Technica AD700's as well and im assuming they would work nice with these. Im mainly just concerned how it will work with my IEMs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back