FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Jan 25, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #676 of 6,777

Quote:
dual amp it? I don't know if you would actually even need to. or if it's even going to be recommended you do that. if you like the synergy then go with it. the E17 if i remember has more bass boost than E10 does so it might fit you better :/ u are currently only on fiio products. there are more out there. but i guess fiio is what you want 

I get the most out of it with my limited 300 dollar amazon credit. Someday I will move on to better products. 

Jan 25, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #677 of 6,777

Quote:
I get the most out of it with my limited 300 dollar amazon credit. Someday I will move on to better products. 

Like ClieOS said, there are better amps in this price range..but are mainly featureless. and probably don't have the consumer bass boost with audiophile properties that you are looking for.

Jan 25, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #679 of 6,777

Quote:
so Engadget decided to feature the E17.  i scroll down to read some comments and i find this gem:

I have heard a few RSA amp in my life (not the P51 though). They are decent amp that are generally way overpriced. For the same money, you can find better sounding amp than most RSA.

Quote:
This was what I understood. But when CileOS added that docking E9 can have the same function as L7, it makes me very confused. We couldn't by-pass the amp of E9, right? 

L7 is only for getting line-out signal from E7 and E17. E9 on the other hand can use E7 / E17 line-out signal for amping as well as output it untamed via the RCA jack on its back (mainly to used with speaker). So both L7 and E9 can get line-out from E17.

Jan 25, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #681 of 6,777
Has anyone tried the E17 with the AKGs K701/K702/Q701 ?  Am on a budget and wondering if the E17 will at least be able to drive them to a sufficient level

Jan 25, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #682 of 6,777

Quote:
Has anyone tried the E17 with the AKGs K701/K702/Q701 ?  Am on a budget and wondering if the E17 will at least be able to drive them to a sufficient level

that's a good question. i am looking into AKG a bit too. nsx280ps. i think you should go look at those models used with the E11....they amp very very similary and are from same company. you should find plenty of stuff on each model with the ever sopopular E11

Jan 25, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #683 of 6,777

Quote:
I have heard a few RSA amp in my life (not the P51 though). They are decent amp that are generally way overpriced. For the same money, you can find better sounding amp than most RSA.

what ticks me off the most about this guy is that i constantly see him giving *cough* advice *cough* to people on audio related articles.  just seems like a google jockey to me. 

Jan 25, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #684 of 6,777

Quote:

AKG 701s is a 62 ohm setup.  E17 should be quite capable, according to specs.

But, FWIW....I'll be able to give a direct answer in a couple of days (as I own the AKG 701).  
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 26, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #685 of 6,777
Not totally sure what to expect, but nonetheless I ordered an E17+E9 combo and looking forward to getting it! I want to give some more powerful amps and a dac a chance and this seems like a great value for the money.

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #686 of 6,777

Quote:
me too..it hasn't updated yet

Hmm, me either.  Says:

Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office.

Weird.  Usually they update overnight.  Unless Micca makes their own labels in house (which a lot of places do), dropped it off last night... and it will actually be in the USPS system today, not yesterday.  I assume that's what it is.

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #688 of 6,777
Hey guys so I was interested in buying either an e7 or an e17 but I'm not sure. I can only get amplifiers that can connect to my laptop via the USB port because my audio jack is broken. I know that the e7 can do this but I can't find anywhere that says if the e17 can connect through USB or not. If the e17 can, I don't have to buy the e9 with it right? Should I just get the e7? I'm only really going to be using it for my laptop anyway. I just want an amplifier that I can connect to my computer through USB, is there a better one? This will be my first amplifier and I have Sennheiser HD595's so it will be worth getting too.

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #689 of 6,777
hi there,
my e17 arrived today. so far so good. i tried it with my shure se535 an the t70p. if no music is playing there is a silent but audible buzzing. its more audible with my inears then with my t70p and independent of the source but it is there. buzzing is changing a little bit if i scroll through the menu. is this a bug or a feature? may be i have to send it back. it's really annoying. 

@clieos
did you hear such a buzzing in your e17? what could be the reason?

greetings, s

Jan 26, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #690 of 6,777

Quote:
Hey guys so I was interested in buying either an e7 or an e17 but I'm not sure. I can only get amplifiers that can connect to my laptop via the USB port because my audio jack is broken. I know that the e7 can do this but I can't find anywhere that says if the e17 can connect through USB or not. If the e17 can, I don't have to buy the e9 with it right? Should I just get the e7? I'm only really going to be using it for my laptop anyway. I just want an amplifier that I can connect to my computer through USB, is there a better one? This will be my first amplifier and I have Sennheiser HD595's so it will be worth getting too.

Have you read the review on the first page?

Quote:
hi there,
my e17 arrived today. so far so good. i tried it with my shure se535 an the t70p. if no music is playing there is a silent but audible buzzing. its more audible with my inears then with my t70p and independent of the source but it is there. buzzing is changing a little bit if i scroll through the menu. is this a bug or a feature? may be i have to send it back. it's really annoying. 

@clieos
did you hear such a buzzing in your e17? what could be the reason?

greetings, s

No buzzing for me. Mine is as quiet as it can be. What volume, gain and mode is your E17 in? What is the source? Does it happen only when connected to a source or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back