FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Jan 25, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #661 of 6,777

Quote:
To get the line-out signal from Alpen, you will also need to get the FiiO L7 dock connector (or dock Alpen to E9, if you have one)

What does this mean??

if you want to bypass the Alpen's internal amplifier. As in just use the DAC and not amp, bc u want to use ur own without dual amping you would get the L7. docking to the E9 also accomplishes this it seems.

Jan 25, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #662 of 6,777
Tempted to cancel from mp4nations and order from advancedmp3players.
I did see the Micca store one but from looking at the site they don't ship internationally :frowning2:

The mp4nations one is a better price (probably about £30 cheaper after the cables/IEM) but if I have any problems, the uk store will be a lot less hassle.

Jan 25, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #663 of 6,777

Quote:
The orders that did not have expedited shipping say that it ships 1-2 days after placing the order.  I guess I'm one who read all the details of ordering from them
wink.gif
 (a new vendor for me).

To be fair my order was a late place because I was in Paypal when he said they sold out, but told me to go ahead anyway and try an order.  Plus, I was only going on what my receipt said:

Standard Shipping (Ships next business day, delivery 5-7 business days after shipping.):

But I am fine to play the waiting game to have a chance :)

Jan 25, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #664 of 6,777

Quote:

To be fair my order was a late place because I was in Paypal when he said they sold out, but told me to go ahead anyway and try an order.  Plus, I was only going on what my receipt said:

Standard Shipping (Ships next business day, delivery 5-7 business days after shipping.):

But I am fine to play the waiting game to have a chance :)

i am fine too :D

Jan 25, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #666 of 6,777

Quote:

Didn't yours already ship?  Grrr!

hahah yes it did..but it doesn't matter, like i said in an earlier post. even if they CAN get it to you quicker. they wait till it's the 5th day before it arrives since u only paid for at least 5 days and thus let other packages take priority. happens with any company or usps.. :/

this doesn't allways happens but it is how it normally goes

Jan 25, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #667 of 6,777

Quote:
hahah yes it did..but it doesn't matter, like i said in an earlier post. even if they CAN get it to you quicker. they wait till it's the 5th day before it arrives since u only paid for at least 5 days and thus let other packages take priority. happens with any company or usps.. :/

this doesn't allways happens but it is how it normally goes

Lol, my post office always gets it out the day after they get it in.  But I live in a relatively small place next to a large city.

Jan 25, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #668 of 6,777

Quote:
Lol, my post office always gets it out the day after they get it in.  But I live in a relatively small place next to a large city.

mine does too. but ....it takes unecessary steps many times. I seen it happen sometimes with USPS. about  half the time.. UPS and FEDEX are the biggest perpretrators. i've seen it stand in a shipment place for almost a week.....the warehouse was a 1 and a half hour drive from my house and i got the 7 day free shipping...u should see how p 'od i was

Jan 25, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #669 of 6,777

Quote:
mine does too. but ....it takes unecessary steps many times. I seen it happen sometimes with USPS. about  half the time.. UPS and FEDEX are the biggest perpretrators. i've seen it stand in a shipment place for almost a week.....the warehouse was a 1 and a half hour drive from my house and i got the 7 day free shipping...u should see how p 'od i was

Welp.

Jan 25, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #670 of 6,777
     Headphone Bar "finally" got their order on tuesday and by the look of things, they're going faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast! 

"And...they're pretty much gone. We have enough to service customers in the store for the next day or two, but we have closed online orders."

Jan 25, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #671 of 6,777

Quote:
oh so  you don't have the 598's yet. ...it really depends on what u think you will be doing more realy. portabley or desktop. i like moving around so i went with portable.

Mostly Going to be gaming. Not really going to take Open Can's outside of the house. I would like to have them so I can jam to music as I study. I am going to probably keep these even when I go to college for the same reason or maybe switch to some V-Moda's. 

Jan 25, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #672 of 6,777

Quote:
Mostly Going to be gaming. Not really going to take Open Can's outside of the house. I would like to have them so I can jam to music as I study. I am going to probably keep these even when I go to college for the same reason or maybe switch to some V-Moda's. 

if u don't need moving around and stuff....but then again. the E17 is superior to the E9 and E10. if u aren't going to upgrade...why have 1W at your disposal?

Jan 25, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #673 of 6,777
I will upgrade slowly but buying 300 dollar can's is not in my budget anytime soon. I will buy something like those V-moda's. Well I am sick of listening to my bassless speakers, I assume I can get a decent punchy bass out of the amp. I know that HD598's don't have much bass but with a cmoy+e17 i am sure I will get those desired results. 

Jan 25, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #674 of 6,777

Quote:
if you want to bypass the Alpen's internal amplifier. As in just use the DAC and not amp, bc u want to use ur own without dual amping you would get the L7. docking to the E9 also accomplishes this it seems.

This was what I understood. But when CileOS added that docking E9 can have the same function as L7, it makes me very confused. We couldn't by-pass the amp of E9, right? 

Jan 25, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #675 of 6,777

Quote:
I will upgrade slowly but buying 300 dollar can's is not in my budget anytime soon. I will buy something like those V-moda's. Well I am sick of listening to my bassless speakers, I assume I can get a decent punchy bass out of the amp. I know that HD598's don't have much bass but with a cmoy+e17 i am sure I will get those desired results. 

dual amp it? I don't know if you would actually even need to. or if it's even going to be recommended you do that. if you like the synergy then go with it. the E17 if i remember has more bass boost than E10 does so it might fit you better :/ u are currently only on fiio products. there are more out there. but i guess fiio is what you want 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back