FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Jan 26, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #721 of 6,777

Quote:
1, E17 does not includes the switcher to change the supply voltage.

2, Only E11 support replaceable battery.

BTW, thanks to bowei006, you help lots of people in here! :)

Your Welcome :D ! I am on head fi a lot and know quite a bit about FiiO due to how i scrounge around eveywhere and ask questions. so if i know after asking someone like clieos or even you. why not help you guys by help answering some questions on some basic general stuff. FiiO has been good to me with the E5 ad with info on the E17,

I am also a patriot of the People's Republic of China and would like to advace news of my homeland's new advances in the field of audio whenever i can. this is a sign of revolution! A new econoimic revlution of China sparked by decades of growth! Long live the People's Republic!

It would be nice if there was a high performance setting...but ehh. whatever :/

looking forward for the new power increase and awesome bass boosting of this :D and the fiio music bomb T-Shirt :D

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #722 of 6,777
beerchug.gif

Thank you very much! We have more and more friend around the world now , and FiiO become a world wide global brand now. sometimes we will make some mistake and wrong decision, but thank God that so many friend will like to help us and we do learn a lots from our end user. and I love internet and head-fi because we can talk with our user directly. 

At the end, I have a new wish in new year that my English can be better and catch up the speed of our business and new model, LOL. So it is very useful to me that you guy can help me answer some question. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 26, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #724 of 6,777
Quote:
Yes? ...
otherwise, the e17 sounds really great. but this buzzing feature/bug isn't acceptable. battery is now loading about 4 h and isn't full. 
confused_face(1).gif

It will take 3~4 hours to fully charge an empty E17 (also depends on the power supply on your USB port as they do very in power).. Try PM Feiao and see if he has any suggestion for you.

Quote:
@ClieOS:
I remember looking up through the search function and you had a post concerning using it on USB mode with charging turned off. If this effectively bypasses the e17 battery altogether, do you suppose it to still work on USB mode if the batteries die (or with the batteries removed altogether)?

From past experience with E7, it should. But that's (letting it die) probably not going to be good for the battery. To remove the battery, you will need to desolder it from the PCB and that will void your warrenty.

Quote:
@ClieOS i also have a question. it seem the E11 has a high performance mode inside it. near the battery. does the e17 also have this.....i don't think u openeed it..but in case u did. And also. does E11 batter work with this?it seems in micca store it said people that bought E17 also bought E11 battery kit ?

There is no high/low performance mode in E17. Judging purely on output, I'll say E17's performance is already pretty high.

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #725 of 6,777

Quote:
beerchug.gif

Thank you very much! We have more and more friend around the world now , and FiiO become a world wide global brand now. sometimes we will make some mistake and wrong decision, but thank God that so many friend will like to help us and we do learn a lots from our end user. and I love internet and head-fi because we can talk with our user directly. 

At the end, I have a new wish in new year that my English can be better and catch up the speed of our business and new model, LOL. So it is very useful to me that you guy can help me answer some question. 

Your englisg is ver good already. U just need to refine it is all. Posting on head fi should help. The only time i could barely read what you wrote was on the advertisement sheet for the x protector(if you did write it at all)

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #726 of 6,777
Well, from what I understood, the e7 is constantly in charging mode once plugged (correct me if I am wrong) so wouldn't it not apply?
Also, sorry for not specifying; by when batteries are dead i meant when the batteries are at its end of life and can no longer hold charges (this is why I compared it with the case with batteries removed. Guess it cannot be tried since it's soldered on, good to know!) I know its too early for anyone to have experienced this
biggrin.gif
maybe someone with a faulty battery if any can tell. or feiao :p
Basically am just wondering if the e17 can be used the same way as a e10 when the batteries no longer work. That would be awesome.

Too bad the Canadian authorized resellers are already all sold out. Waiting on next batch :p

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #728 of 6,777

Quote:
Well, from what I understood, the e7 is constantly in charging mode once plugged (correct me if I am wrong) so wouldn't it not apply?
Also, sorry for not specifying; by when batteries are dead i meant when the batteries are at its end of life and can no longer hold charges (this is why I compared it with the case with batteries removed. Guess it cannot be tried since it's soldered on, good to know!) I know its too early for anyone to have experienced this
biggrin.gif
maybe someone with a faulty battery if any can tell. or feiao :p
Basically am just wondering if the e17 can be used the same way as a e10 when the batteries no longer work. That would be awesome.

Too bad the Canadian authorized resellers are already all sold out. Waiting on next batch :p

USB charging can be disable in setting for both E7 and E17. They should all work even if you remove the battery.

Jan 27, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #729 of 6,777
Has anyone paired the E17 with the LCD-2? Does it fair well against the ALO continental?

Would love to hear feedbacks on the above.

Jan 27, 2012 at 3:04 AM Post #730 of 6,777
If I always connect the E17 to the E9 should I disable USB charging or would that make the E17 drain the battery and stop working eventually?

dL

Jan 27, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #731 of 6,777

Quote:
If I always connect the E17 to the E9 should I disable USB charging or would that make the E17 drain the battery and stop working eventually?

dL

Li-ion battery prefers to be recharged often and hate to be drain completely. If you don't cycle (drain and recharge back) your battery enough (as in always fully charged), it will lose its capacity slowly as the chemical becomes inactive. If you cycle your battery too much, it will lose its capacity pretty fast as the chemical degrades at faster rate. So the key is to maintain some level of  cycle, not too much but not too little. I will suggest at least a cycle or two per month. If you over-drained the battery (empty it and doesn't charge it back in time), it will die.

Jan 27, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #732 of 6,777

Quote:
Li-ion battery prefers to be recharged often and hate to be drain completely. If you don't cycle (drain and recharge back) your battery enough (as in always fully charged), it will lose its capacity slowly as the chemical becomes inactive. If you cycle your battery too much, it will lose its capacity pretty fast as the chemical degrades at faster rate. So the key is to maintain some level of  cycle, not too much but not too little. I will suggest at least a cycle or two per month. If you over-drained the battery (empty it and doesn't charge it back in time), it will die.

So essentially once a month I should turn off USB charging to let it drain and when it's about to be empty I just turn USB charging back on then that will cycle it?

dL

Jan 27, 2012 at 6:35 AM Post #733 of 6,777

Quote:
So essentially once a month I should turn off USB charging to let it drain and when it's about to be empty I just turn USB charging back on then that will cycle it?

dL

Yes.

Jan 27, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #734 of 6,777
Finally received :)

Jan 27, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #735 of 6,777
Actually, just ordered mine online form a Canadian distributor on the weekend and got my shipping notice yesterday.  Should be here by Feb 1st. Looking forward to it.

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back