FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Apr 29, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #3,182 of 6,777

Quote:
A dream come true for me would be a well priced pmp. I know you guys stopped development due to lack of enginers, resources, expertise and what not but NO company has yet to deliver the true audio affordable device most want. The T51 is what i am talking about. A device that has a good not so buggy UI, expandable SDHC memory, internal memory, headphone and high quality line out, strong build quality, Flac/alac/wav/aiff and traditional lossy format aupport. And a build design that is ergonomically and external amp friendly (passive velcro? Attaching ext amps with bands will obstruct screen but if screen is small...) and at $250-$300 range. Build must be strong and easy to organize and put songs on.
smily_headphones1.gif

FIIO is in my opinion currently regarded as the godsend for new head fiers that is currently has a lot of portable devices. But the E10 and E9 still back the desktop perception. IMO fiio doesnt have a full portable brand image as of right now. The popularity of the E10/E9 has insured this. But if you prioritize one over the other in the future that may change. Currently Vmoda is trying to rework their kmage with the vamp as well.
But yes, if you are following the build up layer strategy then I hope the E19 is a sucess. There have been many quality control issues with E9/10 but i seems you guys have gotten good at quality control and gaining new high quality partners.
Fiio has done amazing stuff that many companies didnt do for whatever reason. You guys were actually what led me into headphone audio
smily_headphones1.gif
i First got my headphone.... And then my very first E5
smily_headphones1.gif
That was an exciting day
smily_headphones1.gif

You arent a retail company so most of us dont know much about you like employees and resources but I see much ambition. A guitar amp is in the works... And I hope the E19 currently is
smily_headphones1.gif

If you have resources and think you have what it takes then I would love to see a new pmp/dap from you guys. It doesnt need flashy UI like cowon. Something like the T51 but much more refined would work
smily_headphones1.gif
i would have bought an T51 if not for quality and bug problems which you should lookfor too. A bad UI that a user doesnt like can easily kill a product. And thenthere is the fact that with so much expanding, more profits, more devices especially if you do make a pmp. Support also needs to be raised.
One of your weaknpoints compared to these regular audiophile manufacturers is support and people. I dont know any numbers but of course you guys have sold more units than Schiit per year basis as they are more specialized and you guys cater to a lot of people. These regular companies are all europe or american based and have good support in case something happens. Your current system of first go to buyer and then i not we will help is ok right now but with more products will be a huge con for you guys. Hearing people say "i don want to return as its in china and will take too long," or "cant contact" is a major deal breaker for many. With more products you should be looking at increasing your support level if possible. Maybe a US and EU building? If you stop and just continue as is in the current market and play it safe you wont really need to as you will be keeping small. But otherwise i would really like to see better support options.
This is actually a good thing. But a way to make more devices. You have sold many E17/ and what not and cant keep up. I have seen some users buy another device as they dont want to wait for mp4nation or you guys take too long to make it.
Im not too sure on this one but maybe start qualifying dealers? As you have seen, a dealers support, speed and what not reflects on your brand sadly. Mp4nation is extremely beneficial to you as a company, but it has lessened your brand image in my opinion. Qualifying good dealers like micca would be nice but again i am not sure.
Mp4nation has come a few times to explain their troubles here, an i understand, but it still stands that they have caused some trouble and cant keep up at times.
All of this is my opinion as a close follower of Fiio

Yes, actually we are trying to improve the quality, not only the products itself, but also the service.

1, We already ask our agents to provide better service to the end customer  by  signed agent agreement with most of our agent so they have to do that otherwise they will lost the right to sell our products,

2, We replied every email which send to market@fiio.com.cn, in the past, most is done by myself, but now we have 3 staff to help me to do that. I know it is impossible for even some big and famous company to do that but we will do that .

3, In some regions, we will sign a sole distributor so they can help us a lots to provide better local warranty. because some may not have the skill to write in English.

4, Also one staff called Irene will help me record all the feedback in  head-fi in case I can not do that on time because I have to focus on manage the whole company cause we have about 90 staffs , includes 20 engineers. but I will still try my

best to talk with you guy in head-fi directly.

About the Hi Fi DAP or PMP, it is another story, we have to give up but it is not the time to restart it right now. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 29, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #3,183 of 6,777

Quote:
Hahaha i almost stopped because of that problem. This trick works 80% of the time. The rest of the times you have to close the entire browser and re open. First make sure windows regular sound options is set to E17 if you want vids to play through e17. Now right before you want to do youtube. Press the stop button in foobar. Stop, no pause. Then click the video. It should now play through your headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

I actually l prefer that i have youtube and general sound through my speakers 80% of the time as its low quality and i can listen to foobar and use my speakers
smily_headphones1.gif
but sometimes i want e17 with windows so i have to stop foobar. Change windows sound properties an then try the video. If it doesnt work inrefresh the video and it usually works then. If it doesnt you usually have to close all browser pages(sucks)
FiiO is solicitng ideas right now. What do you guys think of my long post? Support or changes or disagreements wold help Fiio make a great device we like
smily_headphones1.gif
help out. The more peoeple that comment the more they would mnow what to focus on
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah the trick is to press stop in foobar not pause. It's a little annoying, but as far as i can tell there's no way around having two applications that request use of the audio driver at the same time. Only one will work, the first one you run.

Apr 29, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #3,184 of 6,777

Quote:
Can one of you guys link me? I just want to make sure I have everything configured correctly. :)

It's on page 208 :) You'll need to download and install the WASAPI plugin from the net to get everything set up though.

Apr 29, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #3,185 of 6,777
Can one of you guys link me? I just want to make sure I have everything configured correctly. :)

Quote:
Firstly wanted to say big up to bowei for your awesome tutorial on getting 96/24 set up in foobar. But it has led to another problem.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/587912/fiio-e17-alpen-first-impression-final-thought/3105#post_8341120

The bolded part of self loving and awesome is all that matters. The non bolded parts will answer your question

@Feiao

Thanks for the reply. Good tht you have this down!

I feel bad for Irene. Following all our posts

Apr 29, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #3,186 of 6,777

Quote:
@Feiao
Thanks for the reply. Good tht you have this down!
I feel bad for Irene. Following all our posts

Irene is a very beautiful and smart girl, she will hit your head by a big hammer like this 
deadhorse.gif

anyway, she is just collect all the feedback and report to me and R/D, QC department.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 29, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #3,187 of 6,777
I can just imagine how much time she spends each day reading this thread and other threads on E17 and other devices each day.

Great to know so many of you at FiiO speak English.

I am very curious, but are you allowed to give out info on how many total employees fiio has?

Plus, whats with the baby pic:) ?

Apr 29, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #3,188 of 6,777

Quote:
I can just imagine how much time she spends each day reading this thread and other threads on E17 and other devices each day.
Great to know so many of you at FiiO speak English.
I am very curious, but are you allowed to give out info on how many total employees fiio has?
Plus, whats with the baby pic:) ?

Although I already replied but again, we have about 90 staffs includes 20 engineers and 50 workers. the baby pic is my little son, he is 2 years old now. lol

Apr 29, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #3,189 of 6,777
For me, I'd love to see something very similar to the e17 with a pmp integrated. That would be end game for me. Maybe slightly larger oled. Say about 120GB. Must support flac, alac and others. That would be an incredible device. 
L3000.gif

Apr 29, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #3,190 of 6,777

Quote:
For me, I'd love to see something very similar to the e17 with a pmp integrated. That would be end game for me. Maybe slightly larger oled. Say about 120GB. Must support flac, alac and others. That would be an incredible device. 
L3000.gif

Agreed, that would be awesome.

Apr 29, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #3,191 of 6,777

Quote:
L3000.gif

...E17 sound.....larger OLED?.....support for up to 120Gib......would cost hundreds. The E17 itself already costs $150-$210 USD, adding a largerly better quality OLED display(because this one doesn't have a powerful refresh rate or colors" and support for insane amounts of storage would put this up against HifiMan's and others.....espeically iBasso's new one.

Quote:

Although I already replied but again, we have about 90 staffs includes 20 engineers and 50 workers. the baby pic is my little son, he is 2 years old now. lol

Sorry Feiao. I can't possibly remember every post...although I do remember most. Wow that is quite a lot of employees. I know many that have like 5 :)

Gorgeous son! 

Apr 29, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #3,192 of 6,777
For me, I'd love to see something very similar to the e17 with a pmp integrated. That would be end game for me. Maybe slightly larger oled. Say about 120GB. Must support flac, alac and others. That would be an incredible device. :L3000:

I have longed for such a device for years, even before coming to this forum.

My phone with 80GB storage (it has a 64GB microSD) comes closest, but it has mediocre sound quality and a jack that only works with thin plugs. And I don't mean 3.5mm instead of 6.3mm, I mean 3.5mm plugs that are thinner than most. Otherwise the left channel (tip of plug) doesn't reach all the way down.

Apr 29, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #3,193 of 6,777

Quote:
I have longed for such a device for years, even before coming to this forum.
My phone with 80GB storage (it has a 64GB microSD) comes closest, but it has mediocre sound quality and a jack that only works with thin plugs. And I don't mean 3.5mm instead of 6.3mm, I mean 3.5mm plugs that are thinner than most. Otherwise the left channel (tip of plug) doesn't reach all the way down.

Yeah, it's always this or that. Never everything. I would have jumped onto the T51 if not for the plethora of issues it had. 20 engineers is all FiiO has though. Not nearly enough to be working on a guitar amp, E19 and whatever other secret projects they have..along with a fully functional awesome DAP...it's just not possible with 20 engineers. 

Apr 29, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #3,194 of 6,777
Yeah, it's always this or that. Never everything. I would have jumped onto the T51 if not for the plethora of issues it had. 20 engineers is all FiiO has though. Not nearly enough to be working on a guitar amp, E19 and whatever other secret projects they have..along with a fully functional awesome DAP...it's just not possible with 20 engineers. 

What's this about a FiiO guitar amp you've been talking about.

I don't go outside my regular threads very often so I'm slow to pic up on news.

Apr 29, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #3,195 of 6,777

Users who are viewing this thread

Back