FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Apr 19, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #2,898 of 6,777

I just now opened the package and listening through my PC via USB with Brainwavz M2

When I compare this to Clip+ E17 is quiet brighter which I feel induce fatigue during long listening session which I don't feel with Clip+

When compared to Clip+, Bass is punchier, more detailed but I feel I'm missing some "musical" quality which I don't miss in Clip+ 

Is burn-in required to tame the treble?

Could anyone please confirm?

Overall people who like balanced sound throughout the spectrum will like this 

Apr 19, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #2,899 of 6,777
Brightness is said to decrease over time . EQ is also an option.
Listen to it for at least a week. Get used to the more audiophile accurate sound and then go to clip direct out. Then make descision on keep or not.

While you are listening ,this is a great article to read up on.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/564465/misconception-of-neutral-accurate

Apr 19, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #2,900 of 6,777

Quote:
Brightness is said to decrease over time . EQ is also an option.
Listen to it for at least a week. Get used to the more audiophile accurate sound and then go to clip direct out. Then make descision on keep or not.
While you are listening ,this is a great article to read up on.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/564465/misconception-of-neutral-accurate

Thanks for your inputs. If brightness decrease over time then this will be my favourite source as I can feel that this is more airy in treble than Clip+

Apr 19, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #2,901 of 6,777
I didnt write down or make mental notes of iniial improvements but all over this thread, decreasing of brightness have been known to happen from others. You can try to adjust an lower treble EQ, treble does have a bit effect on overal brightness, but again the two are different things an artificially modyfiying the treble is only a half butted way of doing it

Apr 19, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #2,902 of 6,777

Quote:
I didnt write down or make mental notes of iniial improvements but all over this thread, decreasing of brightness have been known to happen from others. You can try to adjust an lower treble EQ, treble does have a bit effect on overal brightness, but again the two are different things an artificially modyfiying the treble is only a half butted way of doing it

I tried to reduce treble EQ but I feel as if its ruining the whole strength

Apr 19, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #2,903 of 6,777
Ah, thanks for the info and link. I used my E17 with the 360 today as I got it back and purchased an LED projector. Didn't keep track of time but when I finished gaming, the battery indicator had zero bars, LOL. Is it safe for me to charge/keep it charged with the 360 wile using the optical cable input option?

Apr 19, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #2,904 of 6,777

Quote:

I tried to reduce treble EQ but I feel as if its ruining the whole strength

I usually lower the treble to 2 and increase the bass to 2, with DJ1/HFi580's.

Apr 19, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #2,905 of 6,777

Quote:
Ah, thanks for the info and link. I used my E17 with the 360 today as I got it back and purchased an LED projector. Didn't keep track of time but when I finished gaming, the battery indicator had zero bars, LOL. Is it safe for me to charge/keep it charged with the 360 wile using the optical cable input option?

Totally safe, I use the optical with my desktop while charging it off my mac , so having it plugged in via all 3 ports is totally fine, and if you were using something besides the Xbox 360 as the usb power supplier like a laptop or something then you could also toggle to using it without interrupting the charging. 

TL:DR totally safe :wink:

Apr 19, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #2,906 of 6,777

Quote:

Totally safe, I use the optical with my desktop while charging it off my mac , so having it plugged in via all 3 ports is totally fine, and if you were using something besides the Xbox 360 as the usb power supplier like a laptop or something then you could also toggle to using it without interrupting the charging. 

TL:DR totally safe :wink:

Thanks.

Apr 19, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #2,907 of 6,777
My iPhone 3G no longer recognizes when the LOD cable is plugged in? The sound plays through the speakers even when plugged in, I already restored the phone.
Edit: It now works lol?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back