FIGHT THE BEATS HYPE (Ultrasone HFI-580/HFI 580 appreciation thread)
Aug 28, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #301 of 685

Quote:
I remember thinking. WOW these have so much Bass compared to my M50s... Burn them with your best DnB and bump them tunes!!!!

I agree 110%. The bass on these cans are amazing. Will be burning them in with a good list of trance, techno, DnB, you name it :)

For everyone that recommended the HFI-580, thank you!

And thank you, head-fi..!

Aug 28, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #302 of 685

Quote:

I agree 110%. The bass on these cans are amazing. Will be burning them in with a good list of trance, techno, DnB, you name it :)

Yes..These cans love nice beats...
Spread techno/trance to the world...
wink_face.gif

Aug 30, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #303 of 685
Seeing as I adore my 580s, I felt obliged to post here. Seeing as my previous cans of choice were the M30s, the 580s have been a huge leap upwards in SQ. I love them. They do a fantastic job of isolating, not to mention the impeccable job they do at reproducing Muse's bass lines. :D Yay for 580s!

Aug 30, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #306 of 685
Yeah. You and MalVeaux both really sold me on the 580s. I love them. Burning them in with Daft Punk's Discovery album and listening right now. They sound fantastic. A nice step up from my 440s, though I think for more vocal and acoustic stuff, those still fare a little better. Thanks for the advice.

Quote:
Oh you took my advice. Nice.. Now you know what I am talking about. Welcome to the Ultrasone zone.

Aug 31, 2011 at 3:55 AM Post #307 of 685

Quote:
Yeah. You and MalVeaux both really sold me on the 580s. I love them. Burning them in with Daft Punk's Discovery album and listening right now. They sound fantastic. A nice step up from my 440s, though I think for more vocal and acoustic stuff, those still fare a little better. Thanks for the advice.

Hey man - I am also a new HFI-580 owner. And I'm burning/listening to a lot of Daft Punk at the moment too
wink.gif

I highly recommend you listen to Daft Punk - Alive 2007 (live at POPB).. It is a thrill to listen to this live performance with these headphones.
L3000.gif

Aug 31, 2011 at 7:33 AM Post #308 of 685

Quote:
Hey man - I am also a new HFI-580 owner. And I'm burning/listening to a lot of Daft Punk at the moment too
wink.gif

I highly recommend you listen to Daft Punk - Alive 2007 (live at POPB).. It is a thrill to listen to this live performance with these headphones.
L3000.gif

I was just passing by but I saw this thread and just had to add that Ultrasone does have a rather unique sound, and that specific Daft Punk album sounds absolutely amazing. I hope you enjoy your HFI-580 as much as possible, but if you're really into the Ultrasone sound, you should eventually consider getting the Pro 900 further down the line. I'm not here to tempt you or anything, just to give you something to think about...
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 31, 2011 at 9:05 AM Post #310 of 685
I'd like to get the Pro 900s or the Beyerdynamic DT990s at some point, but that's many savings, and months down the road from now. The HFi-580s are plenty of thump for me right now. Also, Discovery was like listening to a whole new CD with these headphones.

Quote:
I was just passing by but I saw this thread and just had to add that Ultrasone does have a rather unique sound, and that specific Daft Punk album sounds absolutely amazing. I hope you enjoy your HFI-580 as much as possible, but if you're really into the Ultrasone sound, you should eventually consider getting the Pro 900 further down the line. I'm not here to tempt you or anything, just to give you something to think about...
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 31, 2011 at 10:53 AM Post #311 of 685
Quote:
evil_smiley.gif

Roller, I already planted that idea in my head myself...
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

See below, in the Ultrasone Fan Club thread.

Quote:
HFI-580 is my first headphone from Ultrasone. I have a feeling there will be more to come in the future.

Eyeing the Pro 900 right now as my year end gift to myself :)

Sep 1, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #312 of 685
I listened to Alive - 2007 and it is really great, I'm listening back through the TRON: Legacy Soundtrack now and it is seriously fantastic. Anyone who has the HFi-580s (or any Ultrasones) needs to listen to those CDs.

Quote:
wink.gif

L3000.gif

Sep 1, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #313 of 685
I miss my 580's :frowning2:  Sold em, got some Fischers fa-011's, sound better overall but miss that sub bass from my 580s.  Just picked up some DJ1 Pros, bass is back but too much mids for my tastes.  Back to the store they go.

Sep 1, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #314 of 685
Got the Sony MDR v6 and XB700 the other day fro my HFI-580. the V^'s sound VERY similar to the HFI-580. The have a more pronounced midrange and a more balanced sound. the XB700's are just GODLY!!! amping them just makes them an entirely different headphone.

Sep 2, 2011 at 5:48 AM Post #315 of 685

Quote:
I listened to Alive - 2007 and it is really great, I'm listening back through the TRON: Legacy Soundtrack now and it is seriously fantastic. Anyone who has the HFi-580s (or any Ultrasones) needs to listen to those CDs.

Don't forget TRON Legacy Reconfigured :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back