FIGHT THE BEATS HYPE (Ultrasone HFI-580/HFI 580 appreciation thread)
Mar 2, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #679 of 685
I got the Dekoni m50x pads and they are a lot more comfortable and I am really enjoying these now. I tried the brainwavz hm5 pads and these are more comfortable and look better in my opinion.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #680 of 685
I got the Dekoni m50x pads and they are a lot more comfortable and I am really enjoying these now. I tried the brainwavz hm5 pads and these are more comfortable and look better in my opinion.

Is that so? I'll have to give it a shot. The one thing keeping me from using my 580s was the catastrophic stock pads. I should have changed em out years ago, but reasons.

Aug 5, 2020 at 7:51 AM Post #682 of 685
I did get the 580i's. From what I can tell they are similar to the HFI 580, maybe more comfortable. Still have that spike at 6Khz or thereabouts. Come with a second velour pair which reduces the bass intensity, raises the mids, and reduces the highs a bit.

Used to have the 550/DJ1 rebranded, posted a few pages and a few years ago. Mistakenly sold them.

Overall very fun with a unique bass signature.

I'm not sure if these headphones are popular anymore. They should be.

Review:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ultrasone-580i-review.24538/reviews

Aug 5, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #683 of 685
Any reasons for the perceived improvement in comfort? The headband looks the same to me.

In any case, the HFI-580 (and PRO 580i) is a great headphone in its price range for folks looking for a fun and energetic headphone.

Enjoy!

Aug 6, 2020 at 5:50 AM Post #684 of 685
Any reasons for the perceived improvement in comfort? The headband looks the same to me.

In any case, the HFI-580 (and PRO 580i) is a great headphone in its price range for folks looking for a fun and energetic headphone.

Enjoy!

They are not uncomfortable, and more comfortable from what I remember with the 550's. They don't hurt my ears, might have a deeper cup than the 550's. Never had the HFI 580's. Did not have an issue with the 550's headband.
The velour pads make them easier to wear as well.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #685 of 685
I’m happy that these headphones are getting some love. The HFI-580 was my first headphone that really got me hooked into this hobby.

Having not listened to them for a while I took them out last night and had a very enjoyable time with them.

I will say that initially putting them they do sound a little bit hollow due to the recessed mids but after a few songs your ears adjust to it and it sounds more natural. However, the bass on these is fantastic. They have nice punch and aren't muddy. While they don't extend completely flat down to 20Hz like my HE-500's, they have some more mid-bass which creates the fun sound signature. Highs are nice and crisp without getting too harsh like some Beyers (looking at you 990).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back