FIGHT THE BEATS HYPE (Ultrasone HFI-580/HFI 580 appreciation thread)
Aug 5, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #286 of 685
Hey guys!

I'm from the ATH-M50 camp and I will be joining the Ultrasone community soon.

I wanted a pair of (somewhat) basshead cans and decided on the HFI-580. Should be receiving it in a few weeks.

Will post my impressions after some quality time with it!

Aug 9, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #287 of 685
How long are you guys burning in the cans? I have read anywhere from 100-400 hours? I must have burned my Dj1s in for a good 40 hours or so.. They sound awesome sauce to me. But I suppose it can use a bit more burn in. .

Aug 9, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #288 of 685

Quote:
How long are you guys burning in the cans? I have read anywhere from 100-400 hours? I must have burned my Dj1s in for a good 40 hours or so.. They sound awesome sauce to me. But I suppose it can use a bit more burn in. .

Gald to know that you're enjoying them. I burned in mine for about 150 hours before there wasn't more change thereafter.

Aug 10, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #289 of 685
Interesting... SO I have been on a DJ can kick as of late as you guys can tell from my Sig...I am very impressed with DJ cans in general..
I still think the DJ1s have the best FUN factor to em however I have to admit the other DJ cans easily give the DJ1 a run for sounds.

The Denon DNHP1000 and Technics 1200 both are unreal good.. And to my surprise the Pioneer HDJ500 which cost less than all of these has almost the same amount of BASS as the DJ1s..A bit more dynamic sounding to boot.

I think the Denons have the smoothest overall sound out of the DJ cans I have but the Technics have the most dynamic Bass I have ever heard in any set of cans.. It can literally mutate to whatever low end sound that a track calls for perfectly. If a track calls for a lot of sub Bass it is there in full force.. If a track calls for tight punchy Bass. It has the tightest bass out of all my cans..It doesn't have the biggest bass out of the cans..The Pioneers and the DJ1 easily has that but the Technics have a punch with a clarity that I have never heard before...It was almost a new sound to me as the punch was on another level than the others...This brought a huge smile to my face.. Love discovering new Bass sounds..Lol.. .

I suppose Armin Van Buren can't be wrong in using the Technics. If any of you guys are interested in getting a can to add to your collection or just curious about these alternative Bass pronounced cans..PM me and I can give you the run down on the DJ cans.. Might even do a Dj can comparo..  If anything the Dj1s have open my mind to closed/ DJ cans..Often overlooked but arguably better quality in many ways than the main stay counterparts.. And for BASS lovers.. What not to like.. .

Aug 10, 2011 at 6:19 AM Post #290 of 685

Quote:
Interesting... SO I have been on a DJ can kick as of late as you guys can tell from my Sig...I am very impressed with DJ cans in general..
I still think the DJ1s have the best FUN factor to em however I have to admit the other DJ cans easily give the DJ1 a run for sounds.

The Denon DNHP1000 and Technics 1200 both are unreal good.. And to my surprise the Pioneer HDJ500 which cost less than all of these has almost the same amount of BASS as the DJ1s..A bit more dynamic sounding to boot.

I think the Denons have the smoothest overall sound out of the DJ cans I have but the Technics have the most dynamic Bass I have ever heard in any set of cans.. It can literally mutate to whatever low end sound that a track calls for perfectly. If a track calls for a lot of sub Bass it is there in full force.. If a track calls for tight punchy Bass. It has the tightest bass out of all my cans..It doesn't have the biggest bass out of the cans..The Pioneers and the DJ1 easily has that but the Technics have a punch with a clarity that I have never heard before...It was almost a new sound to me as the punch was on another level than the others...This brought a huge smile to my face.. Love discovering new Bass sounds..Lol.. .

I suppose Armin Van Buren can't be wrong in using the Technics. If any of you guys are interested in getting a can to add to your collection or just curious about these alternative Bass pronounced cans..PM me and I can give you the run down on the DJ cans.. Might even do a Dj can comparo..  If anything the Dj1s have open my mind to closed/ DJ cans..Often overlooked but arguably better quality in many ways than the main stay counterparts.. And for BASS lovers.. What not to like.. .

I say go for it!
I would love to read your comparison about DJ cans as I'm a basshead at heart and appreciate the different types of bass each can can deliver.

Aug 12, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #291 of 685
I MAY be selling my HFI-580s to get the XB700/1000 again, I just cant stop loving them.

Aug 13, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #293 of 685
Warmth over cold aswell, I do love the 508's but all of my headphnes are harsh, K500, RS2, HFI-580. I miss warmth in music hahah.

Aug 14, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #294 of 685
Oh gd....was taking pictures to post up for trades...now I'm having second thoughts, they look soooo good, and really sound good out of my amp....I need to get ahold of my XB700's again and test them out as well as my buddys V6's.

Aug 14, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #295 of 685
I'm going through the same thing, its okay. 
redface.gif

Aug 28, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #297 of 685

Quote:
Hey guys!

I'm from the ATH-M50 camp and I will be joining the Ultrasone community soon.

I wanted a pair of (somewhat) basshead cans and decided on the HFI-580. Should be receiving it in a few weeks.

Will post my impressions after some quality time with it!

Got my HFI-580 this weekend!

Initial impressions (<30 min listening)
- BASS
- Forward, very "fun"

Aug 28, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #298 of 685

Quote:
Got my HFI-580 this weekend!

Initial impressions (<30 min listening)
- BASS
- Forward, very "fun"

Have fun then with them...
biggrin.gif

Aug 28, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #299 of 685

Quote:
Have fun then with them...
biggrin.gif

Will do, will do :)

I will update the thread with impressions and mini-review after more hours of listening and analysis!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back