Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Apr 29, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #3,121 of 6,413
Quote:
Is there anyone who has the ASG-2 with clear shell and bass vent? I would appreciate a close up picture of the vent, because mine seems to look a bit "not polished, ragged" (not sure what word to choose :wink:.

Is this close enough?

Apr 29, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #3,122 of 6,413
Quote:
Not gonna start an argument, I both agree and disagree with you, but nothing hurts from encouraging him to listen to his ASG-1's for 150+ hours, I am quite certain he'll survive that type of torture

I'm not a pro here, but I am an owner of a pair of IE8's that I bought new (actually 2 pair). I was in car audio for years and installed many a large driver in a sealed/ported/band pass enclosure. In mobile audio I never really experienced a difference in sound, although I was more like a mid-wife - my children left me before they had matured - no vehicle owner was going to let me have his car for as long as it would take to accrue anything like 50+ hours playback! But I can attest to the fact that after 200 hours, my Sennheisers sounded much, much different. And as I actually had 2 pairs, I could easily do a blind test and tell which one had the most hours. That is what convinced me that burn in existed - not anyone telling me, but my own ears.

Apr 29, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #3,124 of 6,413
Quote:

Thanks, close enough :)
Seems the white marker everywhere looks that ugly :wink:

[size=10pt]Yes for now the white mark is a bit ugly. We almost did not paint that in there but figured people needed something to go by. The groove where the paint goes is just not a deep as we wanted so it tends to wick into the groove a bit. Paint does not tend to stick well to Nylon also.[/size]

Apr 30, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #3,125 of 6,413
sigh. still waiting for my black rhodium as-2 with ambient port to be done! feel so jelly looking at Kunlun's review 
size]
 sure hope Dale makes my as-2 like Kunlun's ones with the awesome looking tunable bass port as recompense for my patience 
size]
. the new ports look a lot better than the old ones.  mine had problems with the drivers during QC then they messed up plating & had to strip n replate it. hope I can get mine soon~ for now I'm enjoying my as-1b 
size]

Thanks for the review Kunlun. Top notch review.

Has anybody else gotten their as-2?

May 1, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #3,127 of 6,413
Quote:
sigh. still waiting for my black rhodium as-2 with ambient port to be done! feel so jelly looking at Kunlun's review 
size]
 sure hope Dale makes my as-2 like Kunlun's ones with the awesome looking tunable bass port as recompense for my patience 
size]
. the new ports look a lot better than the old ones.  mine had problems with the drivers during QC then they messed up plating & had to strip n replate it. hope I can get mine soon~ for now I'm enjoying my as-1b 
size]

Thanks for the review Kunlun. Top notch review.

Has anybody else gotten their as-2?

It seems they had issues with the rhodium coating not staying shiny. Hopefully it'll be sorted out this week. 

May 1, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #3,129 of 6,413
received an email from Dale that mine should be able ship by tomorrow! super excited for it. (secretly hoping mine comes with the same bass port that Kunlun has 
size]
) Thanks for everything Dale despite my barrage of emails asking for updates. 
size]

May 2, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #3,130 of 6,413
[size=medium]Apologies for not releasing the ASG-2 upgrade program yet. After discussing with some of our dealers we needed to ensure we covered a few bases we did not anticipate. We should have everything cleared up this week. [/size]

May 2, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #3,131 of 6,413
Quote:
[size=medium]Apologies for not releasing the ASG-2 upgrade program yet. After discussing with some of our dealers we needed to ensure we covered a few bases we did not anticipate. We should have everything cleared up this week. [/size]

Take your time. Best to work out any issues now than have to deal with backlash later. 

I want to upgrade right away, but am holding off to complete my review on here. After I do my third update with the Silver Dragon cable, I'll send them in to be upgraded, so I have some time to play with.

May 3, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #3,133 of 6,413
Good stuff. Looking forward to seeing Shane's allegedly awesome AS-2s :)

May 4, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #3,135 of 6,413
Quote:

Just finished reading it. I think you did a great job going through all the major bullet points and comparing them.  I have never heard the 8.A but it's clear that you did a good job because I feel like I can understand it's sound signature just knowing the AS-2's signature, which you seemed to hit dead on besides the fact that I do not have that bass valve you have...(fine, so I'm a bit jealous, just means money will be spent by me in the future to get it one day)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back