Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Mar 9, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #2,821 of 6,413
Their is apparently a new revision coming out for the Studio V. Should have even less hiss. That's a very good recommendation though, from what I've read about it and heard from owners.
Quote:
I have the Hisoundaudio Studio V and love it small size, very long battery life, and SQ is quite spectacular!   I'm sure even the lower cost new models of Hisoundaudio will even be a SQ jump over Apple products.   I've had the Ipod touch, Hifiman 601, and T51(Sflo2) and the Studio V is much cleaner in SQ with the only drawback a very basic interface but I don't mind that and with certain very sensitive IEM's you can hear some hiss which has been improved upon in subsequent models. 

Mar 9, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #2,822 of 6,413
Quote:
Auriosnics does try to respond to questions here, but if you noticed they only recently had posts on Head-Fi after two or three weeks of not commenting. If you want a response in a reasonable amount of time from Aurisonics, you are best to email them directly. That's all that's being said. 

Re-read the second paragraph of my post you quoted.

Mar 9, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #2,823 of 6,413
I didnt say you were wrong, I was just saying I heard their is a new version after the 3rd anniversary one that is supposedly coming out soon that will have even lower amounts of hiss. The new drivers will benefit from a system with the least amount of hiss. 
Quote:

Re-read the second paragraph of my post you quoted.

EDIT: Might be worth noting that I'm paying attention to the Studio V as it's a potential buy of mine. Not to replace my Tera Plaer, but merely complement it with another alternative. I like mixing up the sound signature a little. 

Mar 9, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #2,824 of 6,413
Quote:
When did you order/receive those new ASG-1's? You sure you don't have the new dynamic driver in them?

The store received the new batch ASG 1.2 with the new logo about 2 weeks ago. I don't think it's the new ASG 1.3 since it doesn't have the new shell, new drivers, new nozzle, new tips, and new case that Aurisonics said the 1.3 is supposed to have.
The difference in sound was also confirmed by the store manager and some customers who've listened to both.

I sure hope it's a preview to the ASG 1.3 sound cause I'm sold if it is.

Mar 9, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #2,825 of 6,413
Is it comfortable to use the same volume from source between the two models? if their is a huge difference, then you have the new driver....
Quote:

The store received the new batch ASG 1.2 with the new logo about 2 weeks ago. I don't think it's the new ASG 1.3 since it doesn't have the new shell, new drivers, new nozzle, new tips, and new case that Aurisonics said the 1.3 is supposed to have.
The difference in sound was also confirmed by the store manager and some customers who've listened to both.

I sure hope it's a preview to the ASG 1.3 sound cause I'm sold if it is.

Mar 9, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #2,826 of 6,413
It's not huge, but the newer batch sounds noticeably louder than the older batch. I had to dial down the volume.

Safe to assume that the ASG1 I tested is an ASG1.2 with the new ASG1.3  drivers but old shells and accessories?
It looked exactly like the one currently on ASG web store.

Mar 9, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #2,827 of 6,413
I would send an email to Aurisonics and tell them where you got it and ask if it's the new revision. They did say they were shipping the new revision to dealers.
Quote:
It's not huge, but the newer batch sounds noticeably louder than the older batch. I had to dial down the volume.

Safe to assume that the ASG1 I tested is an ASG1.2 with the new ASG1.3  drivers but old shells and accessories?
It looked exactly like the one currently on ASG web store.

Mar 15, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #2,829 of 6,413
Aurisonics was supposed to send sample demos of ASG-2 to Japan but they've not responded to the distributor. Not certain if Auisonics will make it to the Japan market. Was really hoping to demo these.

Mar 15, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #2,830 of 6,413
I got an email from them saying that the bass valves have been received, they work perfectly, and to expect shipping soon. That was on Monday. 

Mar 15, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #2,832 of 6,413
Aurisonics are out in Singapore and Indonesia, I don't see why not.

Also, this guy here's got them and even wrote some impressions:
http://84audio.blog27.fc2.com/blog-entry-300.html

Wonder how he got ahold of them

Mar 15, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #2,834 of 6,413
looks like the old bass ports

Most definitely. I think he mentions something about difficulty in adjusting them too so they are the old ones

Mar 15, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #2,835 of 6,413
Pretty sure the new bass port is exterior, not on the inside of the shell but part of the plate. 
Quote:
Most definitely. I think he mentions something about difficulty in adjusting them too so they are the old ones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back