Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
May 1, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #151 of 6,413
My ASG-1.2s are not yet arriving; it's been 13 days..

May 1, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #152 of 6,413
My ASG-1.2s are not yet arriving; it's been 13 days..

Well, Dubai is a long way from Tennessee.

You can always send Dale an email to check in.

May 1, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #154 of 6,413
I had a bit of an epiphany today...

There is a solution for those who want to "test drive" the sound of the Aurisonics ASG-1 without shelling out for the actual iem. Buy the monoprice 8320! 

It sounds crazy, but I think they have a similar sound signature. Of course there is a significant drop in SQ, but the overall sonic picture is there. Does anyone else have the 8320 and ASG-1?

May 1, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #156 of 6,413
Quote:
I A/Bd them and from what I remember, i can't agree, unless you are talking about the filtered version, which I haven't heard...the mids on the original ASG-1 were a totally different monster.

Hmm.. This is the unfiltered version I'm talking about. Dsnuts (also has both), agreed with me that they have a similar voice. 

May 2, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #157 of 6,413
So I got a tour of Dales new lab today and got to hear some "interesting" things 
devil_face.gif
. As soon as I get a final briefing on what I can and cannot say I'll make a post about it. Very excited to share as much as I can with everyone. Also, cannot wait to have ASG-1's back as I miss them very much. He did say up to 3 week turn time for U.S. residents though. 

May 2, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #158 of 6,413
Quote:
So I got a tour of Dales new lab today and got to hear some "interesting" things 
devil_face.gif
. As soon as I get a final briefing on what I can and cannot say I'll make a post about it. Very excited to share as much as I can with everyone. Also, cannot wait to have ASG-1's back as I miss them very much. He did say up to 3 week turn time for U.S. residents though. 

Lucky you :D

May 2, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #160 of 6,413
Quote:
I'm certainly not complaining. It was an awesome experience and Dale is a cool guy who is very passionate about audio. I'm very anxious to share :)

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's curious though I do have some guesses on what may be on your list of stuff to report

May 2, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #162 of 6,413
I just finished the rough of my review. It's about 90% complete (missing the editing and images which will be done when I get home).
For now it can be found on my blog until I finish my review on the Rev 1.2 and the AS-1b then I will compile it into one mega Head-fi thread.

Here's the link:
http://headphonesfordummies.blogspot.ca/2012/05/aurisonics-asg-1-revision-11-review.html

May 2, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #163 of 6,413
Quote:
I just finished the rough of my review. It's about 90% complete (missing the editing and images which will be done when I get home).
For now it can be found on my blog until I finish my review on the Rev 1.2 and the AS-1b then I will compile it into one mega Head-fi thread.

Here's the link:
http://headphonesfordummies.blogspot.ca/2012/05/aurisonics-asg-1-revision-11-review.html

Good read, I don't agree that these will satisfy bass-heads though.  Just my opinion :p 

May 2, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #165 of 6,413
Quote:

Good read, I don't agree that these will satisfy bass-heads though.  Just my opinion :p 

Whoops, forgot to mention "with use of EQ" it makes a world of difference, at least for me anyways.
And I just thought, if TD(being the basshead that he is) was happy with the bass, I'm sure a lot of others will too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back