Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
May 1, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #137 of 6,413

Quote:
If this comes from the 012 with black/grey filters, I'm not that convinced we're hearing the same thing

that didn't make sense to me lol
What are you trying to say?

Coming from the PFE112's, the asg-1's are much better all-round, but lack some highs and that smoothness of a "normal earphone"

May 1, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #138 of 6,413

If this comes from the 012 with black/grey filters, I'm not that convinced we're hearing the same thing

Its 012 with grey filters which is identical with out a three button remote. I know this for a fact.

Quote:

that didn't make sense to me lol
What are you trying to say?

Coming from the PFE112's, the asg-1's are much better all-round, but lack some highs and that smoothness of a "normal earphone"

Yeh maybe the Phonaks get a head up on the highs actually and quite a bit on smoothness but everything else they are a clear mile ahead.

May 1, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #141 of 6,413
Comments on Phonak 022s (with grey filters) vs Aurisonics

Bass
  1. The bass is where the Aurisonics have a slight edge on the 022s, but only by a hair.  The Aurisonics offer good impact and a great punch.  The texture is the beautiful part of these IEMs.  However, the 022s does offer great texturing, and a good impact.  However, it just isn't as punchy as the ASG, which is why the ASG takes it here.  Both have great presence, but again, the ASG has slightly better presence bass-wise.
Mids
  1. I call this a draw.  It comes down to a terms of preference.  They both possess really the same properties, the sound is just presented in a different way.  Clarity, detailing, and energy are simply amazing on both IEMs.  The soundstage on the ASG is larger than the 022s though, but that's really all it has on it.  Otherwise, I'd really call it a draw in the midrange.
Highs
  1. The highs are slightly better on the 022s in my opinion, but at the same time, I can see why some would say the ASG is just as good.  The highs on the ASG have sparkle, good sparkle, but the 022s destroy its sparkle with better energy.  Detailing is really a wash, but clarity is where things go sour for the ASG.  The highs on the ASG can just seem hidden at times while the 022 will present them in a forward fashion. 

So which one is better?  Well, they both have different signatures.  The Aurisonics has many analytic features, but offers rolled off bass making it (in my book) a sweet or warm and sweet IEM while the 022s pose more of an analytical sound.  It comes down to preference.  I don't think either is better than the other overall.  In some areas they may be better, but overall, I'd call it a draw.

May 1, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #143 of 6,413

Quote:

hahaha.

So....any others with the asg-1's who haven't posted impressions?

I just seem to only remember a closed few with them.

I haven't had much time on my hands to write my review let alone search for other impressions so it would be doing me a huge favour if everyone can pm me links as they pop up :D

May 1, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #144 of 6,413
hmm. I find the bass a lot better on ASGs. They have only slightly more quantity but quality, detail and extension is a lot better.

Mids in my opinion are a whitewash for the ASG-1s but if you can't  handle the ASG-1s mids then you are going to have to put the 022 over them.

Highs i agree on other than clarity is good one ASG-1s.

Just my opinion.

May 1, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #146 of 6,413

Quote:
hmm. I find the bass a lot better on ASGs. They have only slightly more quantity but quality, detail and extension is a lot better.

Mids in my opinion are a whitewash for the ASG-1s but if you can't  handle the ASG-1s mids then you are going to have to put the 022 over them.

Highs i agree on other than clarity is good one ASG-1s.

Just my opinion.

I tend to agree with what you are saying - we must hear the same things.

I don't really agree that the pfe's 0xx or 1xx bass, even with green filters is better than the asg-1's....not even close, especially sub-bass wise

May 1, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #147 of 6,413

Quote:

I tend to agree with what you are saying - we must hear the same things.

I don't really agree that the pfe's 0xx or 1xx bass, even with green filters is better than the asg-1's....not even close, especially sub-bass wise

I found Sub_bass to just be a tad better with green filters.

I have the ASG-1s 6.5 and green 7. Grey were 5, i was actually quite pleasantly surprised by the PFE sub bass.

over than that i agree completely on bass and as earphones as a whole.

(i checked my round up ahaha)

May 1, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #148 of 6,413

Quote:

I found Sub_bass to just be a tad better with green filters.

I have the ASG-1s 6.5 and green 7. Grey were 5, i was actually quite pleasantly surprised by the PFE sub bass.

over than that i agree completely on bass and as earphones as a whole.

(i checked my round up ahaha)

Sub-bass does seem better with the PFEs, but bass punch is better with ASG (to my ears).  So I called them equal quality and would really rely on preference (do you like better punch or sub-bass?). 

May 1, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #149 of 6,413

Quote:
Sub-bass does seem better with the PFEs, but bass punch is better with ASG (to my ears).  So I called them equal quality and would really rely on preference (do you like better punch or sub-bass?). 

The punch and quality is so much better than the green filtered PFEs that the slight less sub-bas is hardly a big deal and the rest of green PFE is no where near the ASG-1. As for the grey PFE they have less sub-bass, less mid-bass quality/punch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back