Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
May 2, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #166 of 6,413
Quote:
Whoops, forgot to mention "with use of EQ" it makes a world of difference, at least for me anyways

LOL, it will, but any IEM will be able to suit a basshead if you EQ it.  Even an Etymotic (if you do it correctly) :p 

May 2, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #168 of 6,413
Quote:

LOL, it will, but any IEM will be able to suit a basshead if you EQ it.  Even an Etymotic (if you do it correctly) :p 

Touché

Quote:
Yeh, I think that when you review you should write the unequal sound. I think an EQ section would be good but you can't review what you hear with EQ. Just a heads up not a dig!

I was planning to but I didn't get enough time for a good section on EQ and one on Non-EQ so I stuck with this format. Unorganized but it will do for now. It's more like first impressions then an all out review, for that, we'll have to wait until the Rev 1.2 and the AS-1b to arrive. 
I plan to have both an EQ and non EQ section (so EQ highs,mids,bass & non-EQ highs,mids,bass).

May 2, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #169 of 6,413
Quote:

I was planning to but I didn't get enough time for a good section on EQ and one on Non-EQ so I stuck with this format. Unorganized but it will do for now. It's more like first impressions then an all out review, for that, we'll have to wait until the Rev 1.2 and the AS-1b to arrive. 
I plan to have both an EQ and non EQ section (so EQ highs,mids,bass & non-EQ highs,mids,bass).

Okay, you shouldn't have to EQ them with the revision though :p Thats the whole point!

May 2, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #171 of 6,413
Quote:
Okay, you shouldn't have to EQ them with the revision though :p Thats the whole point!

Quote:
Not quite, according to Dale, the treble may always need a boost on the AS-1 series.

You shouldn't need to EQ any IEM really.  However, that is depending on how you like them.  I'm 100% against any EQ, however, you do have to still remember these weren't made for listening, they were made for live performances. 

May 2, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #172 of 6,413
Quote:
Not quite, according to Dale, the treble may always need a boost on the AS-1 series.

Fair play, personally although it could use a boost i see it as part of the sig now. I thought most people concentrated on controlling the mids but thats all personal choice.

May 2, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #173 of 6,413
Well-ish, Un-EQ'ed these are satisfactory for basshead, me :D
Of course, we aren't talking TFTA, CKS77, MG7 bass levels, but the quality, and that touch of quantity is good enough.
+ if you are a true basshead...you already have a ZO2 handy and dandy :p

May 2, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #174 of 6,413
Quote:

You shouldn't need to EQ any IEM really.  However, that is depending on how you like them.  I'm 100% against any EQ, however, you do have to still remember these weren't made for listening, they were made for live performances. 

I know, I'm the same. Generally I avoid EQ entirely, heck if it wasn't for the ASG-1's I would have never touched the EQ! But my listening enjoyment is at stake here! It's not my fault that my preferences are hardwired into my brain.

May 2, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #175 of 6,413
Quote:
Well-ish, Un-EQ'ed these are satisfactory for basshead, me :D
Of course, we aren't talking TFTA, CKS77, MG7 bass levels, but the quality, and that touch of quantity is good enough.
+ if you are a true basshead...you already have a ZO2 handy and dandy :p

True.  There are, in my book, two types of bassheads (really three), that want more bass in two different ways.
  1. Directional/Span: they want the bass to dig as deep as possible.  Quantity really is not a concern for them.
  2. Big Bass: They want the most amped up bass possible.  Normally referring to the large mid-bass, but can also be large sub-bass or both. 
  3. Mix: They want the whole shabang :p 

I'll agree that the bass is high in quality, however, it may not be able to satisfy the bassheads (I've heard other bassheads not call these type of bassheads bassheads, they disowned them :p) who want the big bass rather then the spanning, deep bass.

I do fit the first definition, but don't consider myself a basshead. 

May 2, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #176 of 6,413
Quote:

True.  There are, in my book, two types of bassheads (really three), that want more bass in two different ways.
  1. Directional/Span: they want the bass to dig as deep as possible.  Quantity really is not a concern for them.
  2. Big Bass: They want the most amped up bass possible.  Normally referring to the large mid-bass, but can also be large sub-bass or both. 

I'll agree that the bass is high in quality, however, it may not be able to satisfy the bassheads (I've heard other bassheads not call these type of bassheads bassheads, they disowned them :p) who want the big bass rather then the spanning, deep bass.

I do fit the first definition, but don't consider myself a basshead. 

I've seen many Big Basses where I live (just look for da Beats) but fairly few Directional/Span. Mix are also semi-common 

May 2, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #178 of 6,413
Well besides the ASG-1 upgrade the only 2 upgrades that I can see on the horizon of possibility:
  • AS-1b and ASG-1 upgrade to AS-2b and ASG-2 (I will find a way to make it happen)
  • Custom Headphones for Dummies themed AS-1b/2b and/or ASG-1/2 (near impossible with my budget, but hey I can dream can't I?)

May 2, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #179 of 6,413
Quote:
Aah dubbed that's true but you would not say that these are off a bass head level

Well yeah these are not basshead earphones, but they won't disappoint bass lovers - put it that way bro :)

Quote:

1. MG7
2. TFTA 1Xb & 1V
3. CKS77

TEEHEE!
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #180 of 6,413
Hmmm...Well, I don't see why Dale wouldn't have the AS-2's mimic the line-up of the AS-1's, so that you can have a AS-2 that doesnt have bass tuning or ambient ports. It would seem silly to think if their existed a AS-2b that it wouldn't just be the AS-2 if they only had one version
Quote:
Well besides the ASG-1 upgrade the only 2 upgrades that I can see on the horizon of possibility:
  • AS-1b and ASG-1 upgrade to AS-2b and ASG-2 (I will find a way to make it happen)
  • Custom Headphones for Dummies themed AS-1b/2b and/or ASG-1/2 (near impossible with my budget, but hey I can dream can't I?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back