Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jan 18, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #6,151 of 6,413
The Harmony had great deep bass but it also has extended treble.

Jan 18, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #6,152 of 6,413
When you receive them can you compare please with the Aurisonics Harmony? I used to own the Harmony and don't recall them being of basshead caliber. but i read various posts and reviews that the FXa7 is for bassheads. wondering if they adjusted the tuning.
Yeah I'll give it a shot. I'll also try to compare to my ASG1+...I just pulled those out last night and I was reminded why they are keepers. If you ever have a chance to listen to those, take it! Probably my favorite IEM next to the Harmony.

Jan 18, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #6,153 of 6,413
Does anyone know how the FXA6 compares to the ASG1+? Amazon has the FXA6 for $150 right now, I'm tempted to get a set just to compare.

Jan 18, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #6,154 of 6,413
Funny how slow Fender/AS catch up with demand...............the FXA11 is still nowhere to be seen outside Japan and HK...........

Feb 4, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #6,155 of 6,413
I recently picked up the Fender FXA6 when Amazon had them on sale for $135. I replaced the cable with a Shure one, and the tips with JVC Spiral dots, and now they are pretty darn nice! I'm undecided on if they're worth the original $400 price, but heck they were a steal for the price I paid.

The IEM's I use most of the time is the Shure SE846, and the FXA6 is definitely not in the same league - but pretty close. The FXA6 tend to be a bit smoother and warmer, maybe due to the dynamic driver, but the SE846 are definitely more detailed. The bass on FXA6 can be a bit bloated and loose on some songs, whereas the SE846 has a much better balanced and controlled bass. But overall, the FXA6 definitely have a fun sound to them, and the boosted bass sounds great on many songs. They've been getting a lot of ear-time over the past couple weeks.

Feb 11, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #6,158 of 6,413
Smells like recycling to me.

Yeah it feels like they're doing exactly that. It would be great if they're using CM connectors this time around though. (Or at least it looks like it? The article didn't mention about the connectors I think, don't really know japanese lol)

Feb 11, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #6,159 of 6,413
After asking for preorder information in the US for the FXA11, I was soooo disappointed to hear from Andy Rowley that the FXA11 are only for the Hong Kong market and there are no plans to release them in the US.:triportsad:
Perhaps a kind friend that lives in Hong Kong can hook me up with a pair and ship it to the US?
so disappointing!!! I really hope they change their minds!
Order a pair from Amazon.

Feb 12, 2018 at 1:57 AM Post #6,160 of 6,413
Feb 12, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #6,161 of 6,413
Do the cables for Shure IEMs like the SE535 fit the Fender FXA6? Shure is MMCX, Fender is MMCXi.

Mar 2, 2018 at 2:54 AM Post #6,163 of 6,413
According to Soundwave Audio HK, Fender will be announcing the next gen of FXA series soon. And they're discounting the FXA7 and FXA2 in Hong Kong. Damn I'm hyped lol

Wonder if that's referring to the two bluetooth options we've talked about previously though.

Mar 2, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #6,164 of 6,413
Yeah it feels like they're doing exactly that. It would be great if they're using CM connectors this time around though. (Or at least it looks like it? The article didn't mention about the connectors I think, don't really know japanese lol)

The Puresonic wireless and wired models are fixed cable so not gonna be mention of a connector :)

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #6,165 of 6,413
I am reluctantly letting go of my ASG-1Plus on ebay, in case anyone is hunting for a pair. Just search for them and they will be there. I am saving up for other stuff, so they have to go, but I love them dearly and will miss them terribly. They are so good if you are a fan of warm, smooth, slightly dark, just off neutral, really incredible midrange timbre.

(if this kind of post isn't allowed let me know and I'll remove it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back