Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jan 13, 2018 at 12:47 AM Post #6,126 of 6,413
I am interested into getting fxa7, but I heard from others saying fender fxa7 is just aurisonics ash 2.5 in another name, is it true?

Haven't heard FXA7- it's a similar 3 driver hybrid configuration but at the very least the DD is completely different (smaller ~9mm vs 2.5's ~14mm), and the bass port is fixed instead of adjustable.

If you don't mind trading the boisterousness of 2.5's bass & some of the sparkly spatial details for improved upper mid energy, I have found Sony N3 a decent move (though not perfect either and my memory of 2.5 is very dated).

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #6,127 of 6,413
I am interested into getting fxa7, but I heard from others saying fender fxa7 is just aurisonics ash 2.5 in another name, is it true?
I've only got a pair of ASG2.0 (though I remember people saying that 2.0 are very similar to 2.5?) with me and the FXA7 now, but I have to say they are two IEMs that are quite different.

FXA7 retains the wide soundstage of the Aurisonics lineup, but provides more clarity in the high and high-mids in comparison. It is quite a huge improvement form the ASG2.0, but it's still not perfect I would say. FYI, Harmony from Aurisonics and FXA7 are both tuned slightly different and the FXA7 actually improved a bit upon the Harmony in a way.

Anyways, hope my impression gives your more information and more insight on what to expect with the FXA7! Happy hunting haha.

Jan 13, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #6,129 of 6,413
I have to say, I enjoyed the Harmony when I owned it, the fit was great and it really is a good IEM. However I'm testing the Fiio F9 Pro which has the same driver setup, 1 DD and dual Knowles BA, plus it retails for $149. The sound signature of the F9 Pro is much more balanced. But if you want a warm signature with bass for days the FXA7 is it.

Jan 14, 2018 at 6:34 AM Post #6,131 of 6,413
I agree, I had it and sold it. It’s good, but not great.
But you have bought many TOTL iems and sold all of them.

Jan 14, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #6,133 of 6,413
I haven’t had hardly any totl iems, and I haven’t sold many of my iems at all.
Ok, but you know you been after numerous iems and daps. Seen you post numerous iems for sale for the past three years.

Jan 14, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #6,134 of 6,413
Ok, but you know you been after numerous iems and daps. Seen you post numerous iems for sale for the past three years.
Yes, but none have been totl. I’ve been slowly making my way to totl. I’m still mostly lo and mid fi. I’m looking for a totl iem. I do hav SE846 which is seen as totl but have been only partially satisfied with them. I want Vega’s, and am looking at Xelento’s. If the K10’z pop up on Massdrop again I may get those.

Jan 14, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #6,135 of 6,413
Yes, but none have been totl. I’ve been slowly making my way to totl. I’m still mostly lo and mid fi. I’m looking for a totl iem. I do hav SE846 which is seen as totl but have been only partially satisfied with them. I want Vega’s, and am looking at Xelento’s. If the K10’z pop up on Massdrop again I may get those.
Had the xelento and vega and both are just ok. Good luck with the Hiby dap , might be better than your Fiio. Still enjoying your Sony iems ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back