Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Nov 12, 2016 at 6:34 AM Post #5,851 of 6,413

I would imagine that the FXA 5 is going to have a very different presentation than the FXA 2. The 5 is a dual balanced armature IEM and will certainly have weaker bass qualities than the 2. You will however pick up a lot more clarity with the IEM  as BAs are known to do that. 

I would personally be very satisfied the the 2 if that's the kind of music you listen to. The sig is pretty darn nice for the money, but goodness that basssssss.....

Thanks
Im also thinking about Trinity Audio PM4 but thats meant to loose the V shape sound and instead have U shaped. 
It has 2 BA and 2 Dynamics so should have good bass and good details but I dont expect it to be a bassy IEM.

Nov 12, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #5,852 of 6,413
Thanks
Im also thinking about Trinity Audio PM4 but thats meant to loose the V shape sound and instead have U shaped. 
It has 2 BA and 2 Dynamics so should have good bass and good details but I dont expect it to be a bassy IEM.

PM4 preorders should start arriving next week so you will be able to find out about the bass (I'm a UK preorder). Always wanted to know about the sound on the FXA5 but only one thread member on here has heard then as far as I know (RedJohn456?)

Nov 12, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #5,853 of 6,413
PM4 preorders should start arriving next week so you will be able to find out about the bass (I'm a UK preorder). Always wanted to know about the sound on the FXA5 but only one thread member on here has heard then as far as I know (@RedJohn456?)

FXA05 has the bass port so should have ability for good bass.
On spec sheet the PM4 should be better.

Nov 16, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #5,854 of 6,413
Just picked up the fxa7, 6, 5, and 2 to do some comparisons, with the idea of keeping one. Opened the 7 and 2 and I have to say it pretty close. I would say the fxa2 has 80-90% in sound signature fxa7. The fxa7 has the edge in clarity, but that is pretty close also. For $140, the fxa2 seems to be a real bargain. Not even sure I'm gonna open the 5 or 6. Not really seeing the point. 

Nov 16, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #5,855 of 6,413
  Just picked up the fxa7, 6, 5, and 2 to do some comparisons, with the idea of keeping one. Opened the 7 and 2 and I have to say it pretty close. I would say the fxa2 has 80-90% in sound signature fxa7. The fxa7 has the edge in clarity, but that is pretty close also. For $140, the fxa2 seems to be a real bargain. Not even sure I'm gonna open the 5 or 6. Not really seeing the point. 

The FXA2 is definitely a hell of a bargain for what you're getting. Actually listening to it now as I write this. :wink: But if I were you, I'd def open up the FXA6 to see how it stacks up against the 7. Everyone says that's the "fun one". I wouldn't even bother with the 5. Only for curiosity's sake, but that's about it.

Nov 16, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #5,856 of 6,413

fxa2 have the best price to performance ratio

Nov 16, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #5,857 of 6,413
I've had the 5s for a few weeks and I think they have solid bass. They feel like they have a relatively neutral sound leaning a bit toward the warm side. If I were to compare the sound signature to my other gear I'd say they feel sort of like a portable AKG K7XX. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the balanced armatures was dedicated to bass.

Nov 17, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #5,858 of 6,413
Been going back and forth with the fxa6 and fxa7 and I have to say again it's pretty close. The bass between the two I would say is identical. I know the 7 supposedly has more bass, but I'm not finding that to be true. The fxa6 is slightly warmer in my opinion. I'm noticing better instrument separation with the 7, more sparkle? More noticeable on strings. I could see the 7 being more fatiguing for long listening sessions. Again these differences are slight. I think I'm leaning toward the 6 to keep. Glad I listened to drummguy26 and opened the fxa6. I could see why people are calling more fun. 

Nov 21, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #5,860 of 6,413
  Been going back and forth with the fxa6 and fxa7 and I have to say again it's pretty close. The bass between the two I would say is identical. I know the 7 supposedly has more bass, but I'm not finding that to be true. The fxa6 is slightly warmer in my opinion. I'm noticing better instrument separation with the 7, more sparkle? More noticeable on strings. I could see the 7 being more fatiguing for long listening sessions. Again these differences are slight. I think I'm leaning toward the 6 to keep. Glad I listened to drummguy26 and opened the fxa6. I could see why people are calling more fun. 

Yea, you'll def get more sparkle with the 7. Its a bright IEM. Glad I could help! =)

Nov 30, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #5,863 of 6,413
I can't believe I'm back with another faulty Fender IEM story.

This is my 4th pair in less than a year and doesn't include ones that were repaired twice.

The pair of 7's I've had for the last two weeks all of a sudden stopped working completely overnight. Last night on the commute back they were perfect, this morning one of the IEMs is completely dead, regardless of cable/connector/source.

The love hate relationship with these is real, when they work they sound amazing but these have been the most flaky iems I've ever had, they've now also more or less pushed me away from buying higher end gear altogether.
Thank god for my cheap pair of Zero Audio's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back