Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Nov 5, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #5,836 of 6,413
Meh I thought the tips that came with the FXA2 and the Forte were pretty great actually. They are one of my favorite set of silicone tips I've used (always been a foam believer after having bad silicone experiences). I guess there is some quality control issues going on.

Nov 5, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #5,838 of 6,413
how you like the fxa2?

I really enjoyed it. The bass on it was very killer, well controlled with little bloat, and very good subbass extension. The only problem I had with it was adjusting to the sound signature at first. When I first started listening to them, they sounded like a rather dark IEM. Part of that is the fact that I have spent a lot of my time listening to BA iems that typically have less bass and more overall clarity in the mids and upper ranges.

Once I adjusted (brain burn in) to the sig I found it to be pretty damn good.

I'd say that if you are into bass or are planning to use it as your primary IEM, it is a really good buy. If however you plan on listening to a lot of BA IEMs or IEMs that focus on clarity, throwing these on for a listen may be a little jarring.

For this reason, I went ahead a purchased the Forte (FXA 6), which I unfortunately have to let go (for sale in classifieds). The added BA in the forte/fxa6 does a whole helluva lot to clean up any issues with the FXA2 and add back in a lot of clarity to the music while still maintaining a damn good bass section.

Nov 5, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #5,839 of 6,413
i found the fxa2 to sound very full bodied, very close to a full size closed back headphones, ones i watch a movie with them and the movie had strong subbass content, it was so realistic that i stop the movie for a moment to check if i was forgot to turn off the subwoofer

Nov 6, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #5,840 of 6,413
i found the fxa2 to sound very full bodied, very close to a full size closed back headphones, ones i watch a movie with them and the movie had strong subbass content, it was so realistic that i stop the movie for a moment to check if i was forgot to turn off the subwoofer

Yeah I agree, full bodied is a pretty darn good description for them. The sound staging on these (both the FXA 2 and 6) are the absolute best I've heard on an IEM so far too.

Nov 6, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #5,841 of 6,413
Yeah I agree, full bodied is a pretty darn good description for them. The sound staging on these (both the FXA 2 and 6) are the absolute best I've heard on an IEM so far too.

I had the FXA2 and I have the FXA7. After listening to FXA7, going to FXA2 was a noticeably step down in quality for me. Enough That I sold them immediately. FXA7, balanced is awesome. The mids and soundstage open up dramatically. I agree the sound staging on the fenders is very good. They all have good bass.

Nov 7, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #5,842 of 6,413

I had the FXA2 and I have the FXA7. After listening to FXA7, going to FXA2 was a noticeably step down in quality for me. Enough That I sold them immediately. FXA7, balanced is awesome. The mids and soundstage open up dramatically. I agree the sound staging on the fenders is very good. They all have good bass.

Being the guy that bought the FXA2 off of talan7, I must say, Im quite pleased with the re-purchase. I owned it before, no burn in, didn't like it too much, then I purchased it again and gave it some time and some burn in. I feel it has all the quality the FXA7 does, but just darker. The only thing the FXA7 does have over the FXA2 is clarity. FXA7 is clearer and cleaner than the FXA2, but the bass is so frikkin good on the FXA2!

With that said, I agree with talan7 that the FXA7 is very balanced. It has about the same bass extension as the FXA2 but not the same quantity. I'd say about 40~50 percent less quantity. They're both very stellar IEM's in their own rights. 

Nov 10, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #5,843 of 6,413
Well my Harmony's have been officially written off by the retailer and I have been refunded. Shame about the QC on these as I loved the sound signature.

That is apart from the channel imbalance, audio cutting out and static whenever the left connector moved/rotated. So much for all the initial hype by the usual suspects.

Nov 10, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #5,844 of 6,413
Well my Harmony's have been officially written off by the retailer and I have been refunded. Shame about the QC on these as I loved the sound signature.

That is apart from the channel imbalance, audio cutting out and static whenever the left connector moved/rotated. So much for all the initial hype by the usual suspects.

My Fender fxa7 has the same issue with sound going out on the left whenever I touch it. Very sloppy design/manufacturing if you ask me.

Nov 11, 2016 at 5:54 AM Post #5,845 of 6,413

Several people (including me) have been very critical with the latest Fender series.
It's far from presenting the same built quality and aftersale service as the old Aurisonics series (before the acquisition by fender).

The rotating MMCX connectors were faulty on every FXA demo unit I tried, and the shell paint job was very questionable, even on the FXA7.
Quite the fall since small Aurisonics from Nashville if you ask me.

Nov 11, 2016 at 6:26 AM Post #5,846 of 6,413
Several people (including me) have been very critical with the latest Fender series.
It's far from presenting the same built quality and aftersale service as the old Aurisonics series (before the acquisition by fender).

The rotating MMCX connectors were faulty on every FXA demo unit I tried, and the shell paint job was very questionable, even on the FXA7.

I see from other threads that you are an owner of the AKT8IE - the sound signature on this iem sounds quite reminiscent of the old Aurisonics house sound (big bass, rolled off highs) - how does it compare to the Bravo or FX series (later series models) in terms of overall sound?

Nov 11, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #5,848 of 6,413

I've owned the FXA7 for 3 months now, so I figured I'd chime in to help those wondering if they should grab one. I must say that my experience has been quite different from the recent complaints. Mine pair has held up very well under quite significant usage (listening sessions on alternate days) - both in terms of shell quality and MMCX connectors. I used to own the Bravo Harmony and ASG1+, and I'm pretty confident that the lacquer and build on these are better. I sorely hate MMCX connectors too, but I've been swapping around 2 aftermarket cables as well and have faced no problems. 

Now this is not to say that there aren't problems - I'm sure the grievances that have been thrown up are wholly legitimate. It could be that I happened to get a good pair, or a recent batch of IEMs haven't gone through proper quality control. What I'll say is that there are many of us who are happy with the new line, and haven't spoken up about it because... well, they work. Haha.

In any case, I'm not sure whether Fender employed different techs, but I know Andy Rowley of Aurisonics is still with Fender and still providing excellent CS - he helped me out back when I was facing problems with my Harmony (now those had bad MMCX connectors, IMO).

Nov 12, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #5,850 of 6,413
  Is the extra for the FXA05 worth it over the 02?
I mainly listen to Trance and Psy Trance.

I would imagine that the FXA 5 is going to have a very different presentation than the FXA 2. The 5 is a dual balanced armature IEM and will certainly have weaker bass qualities than the 2. You will however pick up a lot more clarity with the IEM  as BAs are known to do that. 

I would personally be very satisfied the the 2 if that's the kind of music you listen to. The sig is pretty darn nice for the money, but goodness that basssssss.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back