Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Oct 25, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #5,823 of 6,413
Well, my fender fxa6 finally stopped working on the left ear so I exchanged them. The new pair has the same issue with the left iem cutting out and it arrived damaged with a chunk missing from the leftflange where the tip goes on. I have a choice to return or exchange them. At this point, I am tired of dealing with 2 1/2 weeks of shipment for exchanges. I paid 299 for them from Adorama. I question the quality control on these. I am temoted to return them but am not what to get instead. I am eyeing the JVC fx850. Anyone recommend these over it?

Oct 25, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #5,824 of 6,413
Well, my fender fxa6 finally stopped working on the left ear so I exchanged them. The new pair has the same issue with the left iem cutting out and it arrived damaged with a chunk missing from the leftflange where the tip goes on. I have a choice to return or exchange them. At this point, I am tired of dealing with 2 1/2 weeks of shipment for exchanges. I paid 299 for them from Adorama. I question the quality control on these. I am temoted to return them but am not what to get instead. I am eyeing the JVC fx850. Anyone recommend these over it?

Ibasso IT03

Oct 25, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #5,825 of 6,413

As a major Aurisonics fan, I can say you won't be disappointed with the IT03 - great IEM for the price, and reminiscent of the old Aurisonics house tuning, just with less mid bass.

Oct 25, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #5,826 of 6,413
As a major Aurisonics fan, I can say you won't be disappointed with the IT03 - great IEM for the price, and reminiscent of the old Aurisonics house tuning, just with less mid bass.

Thanks for the input. Spec wise it seems closer to the fxa7, and I suspect the lack of bass port is the reason for less mid bass? The thing that brought me to the the aurisonics iems to begin with was their bass port. I can only seem to find one place selling the ibasso.

Oct 25, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #5,827 of 6,413
Hey don't forget about the FXA2 if u like bass. Afterall, it does have the biggest bass port out of the entire FX series. Phenomenal IEM for the money.

Oct 28, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #5,828 of 6,413
Hey don't forget about the FXA2 if u like bass. Afterall, it does have the biggest bass port out of the entire FX series. Phenomenal IEM for the money.

I agree. It sounds pretty darn good and the bass is just delicious. It was a little dark of an IEM for me at first, but after some burn-in and some brain burn-in lol, it sounded damn good for the money. 

Oct 28, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #5,829 of 6,413
I agree. It sounds pretty darn good and the bass is just delicious. It was a little dark of an IEM for me at first, but after some burn-in and some brain burn-in lol, it sounded damn good for the money. 

Couldn't be more true! Lol. I owned it for a couple weeks, returned it for the FXA7, then after a couple months bought it again and spent more time with it. There are times I prefer it over the FXA7 now. And it sounds even better with deep insertion tips like tri flange IMO.

Oct 30, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #5,830 of 6,413
Didn't see many reviews out there so I picked up the DXA1 for fun. Initial impressions, the stock tips are terrible, idk why they thought such things would be good. Threw on my Kombi tips from Trinity Audio which worked like a charm.

Light to balanced bass, not emphasized in any way. Mids are forward and highs are smooth. Good details. The seal and isolation on these is probably the best I've had.

Nov 2, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #5,831 of 6,413
Burned DXA1 well over 100hrs. Still going but doubt it will change. Vocals have this forward yet veiled sound. Highs are also pretty rolled off. With Kombi tips the EQ below sounds best but I don't use EQ. Guess I'll give them to my gf to use with her BT cable from Penon. May still do a full review.

Nov 3, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #5,832 of 6,413
My Harmony's have been RMA'd due to intermittent connection issues and noise when the cable rotates on the right channel. Hopefully they can be repaired as I quite liked the sound signature.

Can't say I'm a fan of MMCX.

Nov 4, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #5,834 of 6,413
Got my hands on pair of FXA7 and FXA5 and wanted to ask few things, if anybody knows:

Dual driver of FXA5 works in 2-way or is used as two full range speakers?

These earplugs that comes with FXA7 (funny how these are leftover Rocket bodies :D ), any info on them?

Are Fender eartips always as bad? I remeber on Rockets they were much better manufactured. These are deformed, with no precise cuts, etc.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Nov 4, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #5,835 of 6,413
Got my hands on pair of FXA7 and FXA5 and wanted to ask few things, if anybody knows:

Dual driver of FXA5 works in 2-way or is used as two full range speakers?

These earplugs that comes with FXA7 (funny how these are leftover Rocket bodies :D ), any info on them?

Are Fender eartips always as bad? I remeber on Rockets they were much better manufactured. These are deformed, with no precise cuts, etc.

Yeah the tips are crap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back