Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Dec 3, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #5,881 of 6,413

I think it just depends on the company. Out of all my IEM's that I have ever used that used MMCX connectors the harmony had the worst out of all of them.  

One thing I really liked about the A83 was that the cable was fixed to each earpiece and didn't swivel freely like most other earpieces, which I think adds to the long term durability of the connectors.

Same experience here, only problem I ever got with MMCX was the FXA7 demo unit I tried (disconnecting on one side at the slightest motion) and a few cheap aftermarket cables (30$) with cheap MMCX connectors getting loose over time (1-2 years).

Never got a single problem on the IEM side (the female MMCX connectors).

MMCX free rotation is usually a bad design choice, it means the contact is already loose at the beginning and will get looser with time. If you start with a tight connection (only rotates when forced to do so), the loosening over time will take MUCH longer before it gets so loose that you get disconnections.

Dec 7, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #5,882 of 6,413
Managed to snag a pair of new in box Aurisonics Forte for $250 w/ Prime 2-day shipping. Seemed like a steal at the price but now I'm worrying I should have just waited the month it would have taken to get some of the Trinity PM4's... Any current owners able to dispel my worries on the quality of the product I've purchased? I'm admittedly a bit of a bass head with a strong love for a darker sound, but should I be worried?

Dec 7, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #5,883 of 6,413
Managed to snag a pair of new in box Aurisonics Forte for $250 w/ Prime 2-day shipping. Seemed like a steal at the price but now I'm worrying I should have just waited the month it would have taken to get some of the Trinity PM4's... Any current owners able to dispel my worries on the quality of the product I've purchased? I'm admittedly a bit of a bass head with a strong love for a darker sound, but should I be worried?

For $250 I would get some MusicMaker Shockwave 3 or save some pesos and yet the LZA4. Both on Aliexpress and can ask seller for headfi discount. Comes in about 2-3 weeks from China but ChiFi is where it's at. Bang for buck. I've gotten $30 Chinese IEMs that sound way better than the $100 DXA1

Too many QC issues with Trinity though they say they fired their machinist. A few members have the PM4 and LZA4 and the A4 will run circles around the PM4 which actually doesn't sound all that great for the money compared to the Chifi. Trinity does have good CS though

Dec 7, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #5,884 of 6,413
For $250 I would get some MusicMaker Shockwave 3 or save some pesos and yet the LZA4. Both on Aliexpress and can ask seller for headfi discount. Comes in about 2-3 weeks from China but ChiFi is where it's at. Bang for buck. I've gotten $30 Chinese IEMs that sound way better than the $100 DXA1

Too many QC issues with Trinity though they say they fired their machinist. A few members have the PM4 and LZA4 and the A4 will run circles around the PM4 which actually doesn't sound all that great for the money compared to the Chifi. Trinity does have good CS though
Will definitely look into the LZA4, haven't been super impressed by ChiFi in the past but I'll admit recent products floating stateside do look appealing, could never get over the sibilance on the Shockwave 3, sold em almost immediately. Seems I may have jumped the gun, I don't really believe in burning in my equipment but people seems to swear on it for that particular model.

Dec 7, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #5,885 of 6,413
Will definitely look into the LZA4, haven't been super impressed by ChiFi in the past but I'll admit recent products floating stateside do look appealing, could never get over the sibilance on the Shockwave 3, sold em almost immediately. Seems I may have jumped the gun, I don't really believe in burning in my equipment but people seems to swear on it for that particular model.

Yeah I borrowed the SW3 I reviewed and it was well 350 hrs burn in and of course over 200 hrs in regular play time. Auvios also help with the sibilance. It's a bright and heavily detailed IEM and even though I'm treble sensitive I could easily listen to it.

The A4 is supposed to be very good in its own regard plus all the tuning filters. Mine should be here in a day or two

Dec 8, 2016 at 3:36 AM Post #5,886 of 6,413
If you like dark signatures, the forte is for you. If you like Really Dark signatures, the forte is for you. If you like extremely mediocre signatures, the forte is for you.

I'm sorry. I'll admit, I have a huge distain for that forte. It was just so so so not what I was expecting. I bought it when it was selling for $400. It was the most expensive IEM Ive every bought and it ruined my willingness to buy high priced IEMs. For that money, I was expecting a beautiful and engaging signature with long lasting components. No. Fail on both fronts. Sounds was suffocatingly dark and the connectors, witch were supposedly redesigned to be better, were still crap.

On the whole AS has Left a pretty poor taste in my mouth after buying 3 of their IEMs(forte,rockets,1plus) the 1plus wasnt bad....

Dec 8, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #5,887 of 6,413
If you like dark signatures, the forte is for you. If you like Really Dark signatures, the forte is for you. If you like extremely mediocre signatures, the forte is for you.

I'm sorry. I'll admit, I have a huge distain for that forte. It was just so so so not what I was expecting. I bought it when it was selling for $400. It was the most expensive IEM Ive every bought and it ruined my willingness to buy high priced IEMs. For that money, I was expecting a beautiful and engaging signature with long lasting components. No. Fail on both fronts. Sounds was suffocatingly dark and the connectors, witch were supposedly redesigned to be better, were still crap.

On the whole AS has Left a pretty poor taste in my mouth after buying 3 of their IEMs(forte,rockets,1plus) the 1plus wasnt bad....
You like a broken record. Popping in every month repeating your issue.

Dec 8, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #5,889 of 6,413
Do they still make custom Aurisonic ASG 2.5? I am getting a little scared away from the Fender lineup after reading this thread...

I did ask Andy the guy which handles all emails and repairing related matters , they don't custom anymore , for now. They're focusing on the fenders iem lineup .
And imho , you don't have to feel scared or worried whatsoever about it . Go demo a couple of pairs if available , and if you love what you're hearing , just do it . No worries .nothing scary to worry about .

Dec 8, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #5,890 of 6,413

Thanks for the input, not what I wanted to hear but I do appreciate you giving me the input. I'll take note of it when I do my first sound check with them later today. I can appreciate being disappointed by a product you splurged on... When I got my HD800's & realized I was completely turned off by the sound signature & I ranted a bit too :joy:, though to be fair the build was & still is incredible... If the testimonies on here are to be believed that may not be the case for the Forte. Oh well guess I'll see for myself soon :sweat_smile:

Dec 8, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #5,891 of 6,413
Thanks for the input, not what I wanted to hear but I do appreciate you giving me the input. I'll take note of it when I do my first sound check with them later today. I can appreciate being disappointed by a product you splurged on... When I got my HD800's & realized I was completely turned off by the sound signature & I ranted a bit too :joy:, though to be fair the build was & still is incredible... If the testimonies on here are to be believed that may not be the case for the Forte. Oh well guess I'll see for myself soon :sweat_smile:

A lot of complaints about forte/harmony aren't necessarily about the sound, but more so the disappointing MMCX connectors that have failed on them in less than a year which they felt should have been much better for what they paid, so it could be the opposite of your experience with the HD800 
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 8, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #5,892 of 6,413
Well the Forte came broken, large chip on the stem where you place the tip, so I guess that's a sign lol, still functional & you can't notice with the tip on but still disappointing. Sound is pretty fun from a quick 4 hr listening session, not worth 400 in anyway shape or form but could fill a basshead niche at the price I paid. Wish I could really get to know em but these are going back in the morning.

Dec 9, 2016 at 4:15 AM Post #5,894 of 6,413

Don't be discouraged by your experience. I purchased a used ASG model once, (ASG-1.2 or something). It sounded so veiled, thick and carpeted I genuinely contacted thier previous owner and asked if they accidentally went through the wash lol.

Then I went on to own ASG-2 and totally admired them. This hobby is a very mixed bag of preferences, performance, quality with no real ranking system. Try again some day, don't be afraid. :wink:

Dec 9, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #5,895 of 6,413
Listen pal, if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say nothing at all.... :wink:
exactly bro,dont just say negative things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back