Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Apr 13, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #5,282 of 6,413
Apr 13, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #5,283 of 6,413
  Still waiting for my 1Plus to get here. 
rolleyes.gif

They're coming, I promise! The postal service warned me about Canadian delays, but they will be worth the wait! (Now I'm down to my last ASG-2.5, a minty demo unit. And a few Rockets. Will not be selling the Fender models.)

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #5,284 of 6,413

They're coming, I promise! The postal service warned me about Canadian delays, but they will be worth the wait! (Now I'm down to my last ASG-2.5, a minty demo unit. And a few Rockets. Will not be selling the Fender models.)

Funny you should say that as I woke to find them on my porch this morning. 
beyersmile.png

Big thanks for packing them into their carry case as the Aurisonics packaging doesn't inspire confidence. Will update with impressions soon.

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #5,285 of 6,413

Funny you should say that as I woke to find them on my porch this morning. 
beyersmile.png

Big thanks for packing them into their carry case as the Aurisonics packaging doesn't inspire confidence. Will update with impressions soon.

I know...That cardboard box with the see-through window leaves the iem's exposed while there is a super-safe case inside the box. Better to put them in the case for shipping.

Apr 15, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #5,290 of 6,413
Apr 15, 2016 at 6:41 AM Post #5,291 of 6,413
The flagship is the FXA7.

The DXA and FXA5 notwithstanding, they all have the same bass output, but the FXA2 is the darkest and most bass-heavy of the lot due to the absence of a dedicated BA (or two). I personally love the sound of the FXA2, particularly given it's price point.

Apr 15, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #5,292 of 6,413
  Pretty slick I'd say. Looks like Fender actually put in some efforts to improve the Aurisonics. 

Andy and Dale are the same guys that always ran and engineered Aurisonics, but now they have Fender's money and an influx of human and technological capital. Nice to know it's really Aurisonics nestled inside Fender, as opposed to Fender coming in and firing everyone and getting all corporate and stupid. Frank made it clear to me that the conditions of the acquisition were a guarantee of Dale's semi-autonomous operations and development, which is awesome!

So yes, I agree. Nice to see (and hear!) the subtle changes between Bravo and FXA knowing that improvement and innovation is always forthcoming from the guys in Music City. Looking forward to the next nasty dynamic driver model... 2017??

Apr 15, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #5,293 of 6,413
k4rstar - not a fan of the 1Plus/Rockets signature then? On my daily forage through the FS ads looking for any Kickers or Harmony and saw you had both up for sale already. What happened? :wink: Sure whoever grabs them will be pretty happy, anyway!

Apr 15, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #5,294 of 6,413
@k4rstar - not a fan of the 1Plus/Rockets signature then? On my daily forage through the FS ads looking for any Kickers or Harmony and saw you had both up for sale already. What happened?
wink.gif
Sure whoever grabs them will be pretty happy, anyway!

I'm afraid you've caught me red-handed. I liked the Rockets signature very much, but the CKR9 trades out some of the thicker lower mids for upper mid energy and has better extension on both ends to my ears, at the ultimate cost of a poorer build. My full review of the CKR9 is up if you care to read more.

As far as the 1Plus goes, while I can certainly respect why it would be end-game or TOTL sound for some and I did notice a nice injection in mids, treble and technical ability over the Rockets I actually prefer the Rockets low end which comes off as cleaner to my ears. I couldn't really justify the amount I spent on them due to this. 

I'm not too fussed about it however, not every purchase is always going to be a home run, and I'm really lucky to have found two other IEMs I thoroughly enjoy. They are both still mint and I'm hopeful that they will sell soon to someone who will appreciate them more than I did.

Besides, with new offerings from Campfire Audio just announced I'm sure my war chest could use the added funds. 
wink.gif

Apr 15, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #5,295 of 6,413
I'm afraid you've caught me red-handed. I liked the Rockets signature very much, but the CKR9 trades out some of the thicker lower mids for upper mid energy and has better extension on both ends to my ears, at the ultimate cost of a poorer build. My full review of the CKR9 is up if you care to read more.

As far as the 1Plus goes, while I can certainly respect why it would be end-game or TOTL sound for some and I did notice a nice injection in mids, treble and technical ability over the Rockets I actually prefer the Rockets low end which comes off as cleaner to my ears. I couldn't really justify the amount I spent on them due to this. 

I'm not too fussed about it however, not every purchase is always going to be a home run, and I'm really lucky to have found two other IEMs I thoroughly enjoy. They are both still mint and I'm hopeful that they will sell soon to someone who will appreciate them more than I did.

Besides, with new offerings from Campfire Audio just announced I'm sure my war chest could use the added funds. :wink:

Will definitely read the CK9 review - hoping for a similar sound from the new Trinity Phantom Sabres I have ordered from initial impressions I have read of both so will be interested to see your take on the CK9s.

And I wasn't trying to "catch you out" - part of the fun of this hobby is finding a sound that works for you personally, so was just interested to see what made you flip them so quick to see if there were any new nuggets in there worth considering for my own future buying sprees! :wink:

It's all about "your gear, your ears" - hope your next acquisitions hit it out of the park for you (I had that feeling recently when I picked up some Audioquest Nighthawks - absolutely blew me away).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back