Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Apr 13, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #5,266 of 6,413
I would just like to add, for comparison sake, that I found the forte entirely too dark. Returned it after a week. Believe me, I tried to get used to it,i just couldn't. I'm finding that 99% of aurisonics products are just tuned very dark, barring the rockets, Eva, and 1plus.

I think you just have to be in the market for that. With the forte, I was not expecting that. There weren't much info on it when I purchased it, so it was kind of a blind buy. I just assumed it would be a really nice, complete sounding earphone, but to me there was hardly no top end at all. Actually, the way jackpot77 described the 1.5 is exactly how I heard the forte and for $400, I don't think so.

That's a fair point - everyone hears things differently, and if you aren't in the market for the main Aurisonics "house sound" of great bass and mids and a darker treble presence, then I'd definitely suggest listening or reading as many comparisons you can prior to taking the plunge. For the record, the 2.5 also has good treble presence (not too far from the 1Plus) but that often gets overlooked due to the massive bass it is known for.

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:50 AM Post #5,267 of 6,413
mainly due to all the 2.5s I have. I like the Harmony over K10 , Camp Fire Lyra, Dita and many other iems. I just want to settle with the 2.5s.

Well just make sure you do a review of the Custom 2.5 once you get it, and compare to the Universal ASG-2.5 
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #5,268 of 6,413
Apr 13, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #5,269 of 6,413
I would just like to add, for comparison sake, that I found the forte entirely too dark. Returned it after a week. Believe me, I tried to get used to it,i just couldn't. I'm finding that 99% of aurisonics products are just tuned very dark, barring the rockets, Eva, and 1plus.

I think you just have to be in the market for that. With the forte, I was not expecting that. There weren't much info on it when I purchased it, so it was kind of a blind buy. I just assumed it would be a really nice, complete sounding earphone, but to me there was hardly no top end at all. Actually, the way jackpot77 described the 1.5 is exactly how I heard the forte and for $400, I don't think so.

I usually don't mind a little lack of treble and the most important thing is that the bass doesn't overlap the vocals (especially the female ones). That being said, i'm kinda surprised that the forte is that dark. I mean I was expecting that the BA would compensate the dynamic slam. But i'm a newbie and i never tried any aurisonics, so i don't really know their signature sound.

Even so i would really like to try the forte and the 2.5. I was also considering the kicker but i heard some bad things about being too muddy.

Apr 13, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #5,270 of 6,413
I usually don't mind a little lack of treble and the most important thing is that the bass doesn't overlap the vocals (especially the female ones). That being said, i'm kinda surprised that the forte is that dark. I mean I was expecting that the BA would compensate the dynamic slam. But i'm a newbie and i never tried any aurisonics, so i don't really know their signature sound.

Even so i would really like to try the forte and the 2.5. I was also considering the kicker but i heard some bad things about being too muddy.

Well, one of the things I actually did like about the forte was that the bass was very full but never seemed to interfere with the vocals at all. I'll give it that much.

As far as the darkness goes, I'll just say I've had more than a few dark and bassy iems: xb90ex, original turbines, jvc xx, jvc fx850, fxz200, and the forte were too dark still. I think what it is is that the forte is kinda L shaped, where as most of my other iems are more V shaped.

Apr 13, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #5,271 of 6,413
Well, one of the things I actually did like about the forte was that the bass was very full but never seemed to interfere with the vocals at all. I'll give it that much.

As far as the darkness goes, I'll just say I've had more than a few dark and bassy iems: xb90ex, original turbines, jvc xx, jvc fx850, fxz200, and the forte were too dark still. I think what it is is that the forte is kinda L shaped, where as most of my other iems are more V shaped.

I have the xb90ex and I actually find it clean, not too dark, neither bright of course, but it's really tight and controlled.
I can see your point if the forte is darker.

Also forgot to ask about the aurisonics main signature. Do they have more emphasis on the sub bass or the mid bass? :)

Apr 13, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #5,272 of 6,413

If it helps, the link to my reviews is below:

http://www.head-fi.org/users/436290/reviews

I've got pieces on a few different Aurisonics models on there along with other stuff I've heard recently, so might give you some context as to what I consider dark etc along with the differences I heard between the models. Sound perception is so personal and subjective that it's difficult to get a good idea on what you will like until you hear it. Good luck if you do decide to try the Fortes - let us know if the sound was for you or not?

On a related note, the updated/retuned version of the Forte (the Fender FXA6Pro) should be hitting stores at the end of the month as well so might be worth waiting if you aren't planning on picking up the Fortes on discount/second hand?

Apr 13, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #5,273 of 6,413
I have the xb90ex and I actually find it clean, not too dark, neither bright of course, but it's really tight and controlled.

I can see your point if the forte is darker.

Also forgot to ask about the aurisonics main signature. Do they have more emphasis on the sub bass or the mid bass? :)
Forte is brighter than the 90ex.

Apr 13, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #5,274 of 6,413
Yes, I thought the Xb90ex was a textbook example of a nice V shaped Sig. Bassy, wide, kinda thin-ish notes and clean sounding.

The forte was bassy and wide sounding, but had a overall thicker note and much softer treble.

Jackpot is right too, everyone always hears and interprets things differently, so unfortunately this hobby of ours is still pretty much a crap shoot. Unless you live in Japan. Then it's a glorious smorgasbord of awesomeness....

Apr 13, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #5,275 of 6,413
Yes, I thought the Xb90ex was a textbook example of a nice V shaped Sig. Bassy, wide, kinda thin-ish notes and clean sounding.

The forte was bassy and wide sounding, but had a overall thicker note and much softer treble.

Jackpot is right too, everyone always hears and interprets things differently, so unfortunately this hobby of ours is still pretty much a crap shoot. Unless you live in Japan. Then it's a glorious smorgasbord of awesomeness....
Plus everyone uses different gear and tips and music and formats. Some use an amp, others amp with eq. Others have an AK or a Cowon dap some use silicon tips others foam. One listens to MP3 while another Flac. Many use stock cable some adds a Silver cable.

Apr 13, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #5,276 of 6,413
Well I have the Forte and to me it doesn't sound as dark as some here describe it. I think it has a pretty open soundstage and the highs are a bit sparkly. They do benefit from an amp though.

I will be selling them since I have a 2.5 coming. Shoot me a PM if your interested... :)

Apr 13, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #5,277 of 6,413
If it helps, the link to my reviews is below:

http://www.head-fi.org/users/436290/reviews

I've got pieces on a few different Aurisonics models on there along with other stuff I've heard recently, so might give you some context as to what I consider dark etc along with the differences I heard between the models. Sound perception is so personal and subjective that it's difficult to get a good idea on what you will like until you hear it. Good luck if you do decide to try the Fortes - let us know if the sound was for you or not?

On a related note, the updated/retuned version of the Forte (the Fender FXA6Pro) should be hitting stores at the end of the month as well so might be worth waiting if you aren't planning on picking up the Fortes on discount/second hand?

It does help a lot 
biggrin.gif
 thanks. I'm still not entirely convinced on the Fortes though, but if I do decide to buy I think it would be the FXA6 Pro, it makes sense even though they are retuned (I trust this retune can't hurt) or the FXA2 if they're not too dark. And of course i'll post my impressions here :)

I'm still a bit concerned about the female vocals that I love so much. I became in love with the IM50 when I tried it for the first time precisely because of that (and definitely doesn't lack bass). I know it lacks the detail of a BA as well as balance but for the price it was a really good deal.

My idea is that these new FX series from Fender will resemble a lot to the previous bravo series and I'm basing my opinions on that idea only. I guess it's safer to wait and see before I let the hype take control of my wallet 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 13, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #5,279 of 6,413

I saw a video once of a store in Japan where they had plenty of iems and you could try them on. I don't even have the chance to try them here in Portugal, I can't even return them for hygiene reasons :frowning2: it's a risky hobby x)

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #5,280 of 6,413
I saw a video once of a store in Japan where they had plenty of iems and you could try them on. I don't even have the chance to try them here in Portugal, I can't even return them for hygiene reasons :frowning2: it's a risky hobby x)
Every store in Hong Kong you can sit for two or four hours demoing every iem, ciem, dap, amp, cable,headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back