Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Mar 15, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #4,966 of 6,413
I know, but in the end we're talking about people coming from different iems anyway. Maybe the brighter sound of the harmony might give him the balance he needs? It certainly did for me when I auditioned them.

If the forte is not for him the forte isn't for him. I'd still say that the harmony is worth looking into if he wants a brighter and more dynamic sound than the forte, but if the forte is considered a big investment than the harmony is probably too.

The harmony has seriously made me satisfied with portable audio though. If I was to ever upgrade it'll be something on the level of the fitear mh335dw, which is a pipe dream at this point. I seriously have not heard anything under that price range that satisfies me all around like the harmony does. The 2.5 does basshead better but and there are more neutral iems but nothing I've heard have given me the same balance of natural tone, great detail and basshead fun.

Mar 15, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #4,967 of 6,413
I know, but in the end we're talking about people coming from different iems anyway. Maybe the brighter sound of the harmony might give him the balance he needs? It certainly did for me when I auditioned them.

If the forte is not for him the forte isn't for him. I'd still say that the harmony is worth looking into if he wants a brighter and more dynamic sound than the forte, but if the forte is considered a big investment than the harmony is probably too.

The harmony has seriously made me satisfied with portable audio though. If I was to ever upgrade it'll be something on the level of the fitear mh335dw, which is a pipe dream at this point. I seriously have not heard anything under that price range that satisfies me all around like the harmony does. The 2.5 does basshead better but and there are probably more neutral iems but nothing I've heard have given me the same balance of Bayam tone and basshead fun.
Yep in his case the Harmony would have been better cause the Harmony has a lot more Treble.I had the mh335 which was a nice ciem but its treble was less extended than the Harmony and its bass was very strong but its bass didnt hit as deep as the Harmony. Its mids were more forward. Sound stage was slightly more narrow than the Harmony.

Mar 15, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #4,968 of 6,413
Oh I don't expect the mh335dw to be a much of an improvement at all, I'm just mostly pointing to the price range the harmony competes at to me. I've heard the jh siren stuff, the kse15000 and various others and the fitear is the only one I'd consider at that price range, mostly for the exclusivity of fitear stuff and a curiosity.

It's all well and good to consider though, not like I have a spare 3k to drop. :p

Mar 15, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #4,969 of 6,413
We're talking about 2 different iems in the end though. The forte isn't quite the same as the harmony.

Quite possibly...but I was questioning the overall presumption that this question was based on:

So, I'm assuming that all of the asg line is tuned similarly to the bravo series? Very wide soundstage with a thick, detailed, albiet MONSTEROUS lower half and very little discernable upper mids and treble?

Mar 15, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #4,970 of 6,413
Quite possibly...but I was questioning the overall presumption that this question was based on:

So, I'm assuming that all of the asg line is tuned similarly to the bravo series? Very wide soundstage with a thick, detailed, albiet MONSTEROUS lower half and very little discernable upper mids and treble?

Try this song with your Aurusonics - https://youtu.be/eGKMKjJthVU

Mar 15, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #4,971 of 6,413

Which part of the Bravo series? I don't consider the harmony to have little discernable upper mids and treble (unless I'm misreading you?)

For the 2.5 I'd say the body of the bass is far stronger if you open that dial, which in turn makes the mids lusher (good or bad depending on what you want, I sometimes miss that beautiful, THICK lushness, but it certainly loses out on some detail compared to the harmony which strike a better balance) and more subdued highs, though the extension and detail is there, just not very loud compared to the other frequencies. That bass impact though, at even quarter dial, my god. I certainly still miss that. The harmony is slightly shy of the quarter dial 2.5 bass. Same sub/lower bass actually, less mid bass than the 2.5. Dark and energetic is how I would describe it. Such infectious energy.

The 2.0 from what I know is all about the mid-bass impact.

Mar 15, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #4,972 of 6,413
so, me saying that they don't have enough treble or mids is misleading? Misleading?? As I sit with them in my ears and type what I hear?? You couldn't be more wrong. I am simply adding my thoughts to a general concensus. As opposed to what, i might ask? A bunch of people who haven't heard them posting impressions? Or am i only allowed to post beamingly positive impressions as not to go against the famed aurisonics? Or mabey when you see someone post something bad about a product or company that you've fanboy'd long and hard over, it hurts your ego?

Yeah, i wasn't referring to the Harmony. It's been told to me twice within recent posts that the Harmony didn't suffer the same sound as the forte. Lol "presumptuous" riiiight....

Have you heard the forte? Before you say that "you don't hear them as buried" just wondering... Also I have never expirenced a bass response going from heavy to light just by changing an ear tip. Yes, different materials will sound different, like foam tips vs rubber. but for the most part a tip is a tip. If you handed me my t10i(or any of my earphones) with a different tip on it, I bet you i would still be able to recognize it. You are exaggerating the whole tip thing as well as all that other crap about synergy and what not.

It's really simple though, the forte, is really not a very hi-Fi expirence. It doesn't take burn in, or synergy, or a different tip to realize it either.

At the end of the day, I am a cynical, no nonsense kinda guy. So you can spare me the lecture on what it takes to be a pretentious audiophile cuz I'm not interested. If companies wanna slap higher and higher prices on things yet they can't make the damn thing sound good out of the box, then that's not a product I want. Let alone, purchase with the intent of further investing money into things like expensive cables or expensive amps so that it can "synergize".

Mar 15, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #4,973 of 6,413
BTW when I mentioned the whole bravo line I didn't mean the Harmony. As I was twice informed about the better treble and mids of the Harmony just days before I posted that.

Next time I'll be sure to have Steven Hawking look over my posts as to not be "presumptuous" or "misleading" with my inquires.

Mar 15, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #4,974 of 6,413
Eh in the end we all have our own preferences. If we're to objectively judge sound based on the best technical performance we'd all be wearing hd600 and hd800, but while I love my hd600 I certainly couldn't live with it as being my only sound. :p

Mar 15, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #4,975 of 6,413
People have different preferences, and if warmth isn't your thing I find it especially harder to accept over something bright, cleaner etc. You just can't shake the veil etc. Don't be too concerned about varying opinions between any gear.

Mar 15, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #4,976 of 6,413
so, me saying that they don't have enough treble or mids is misleading? Misleading?? As I sit with them in my ears and type what I hear?? You couldn't be more wrong. I am simply adding my thoughts to a general concensus. As opposed to what, i might ask? A bunch of people who haven't heard them posting impressions? Or am i only allowed to post beamingly positive impressions as not to go against the famed aurisonics? Or mabey when you see someone post something bad about a product or company that you've fanboy'd long and hard over, it hurts your ego?

Yeah, i wasn't referring to the Harmony. It's been told to me twice within recent posts that the Harmony didn't suffer the same sound as the forte. Lol "presumptuous" riiiight....

Have you heard the forte? Before you say that "you don't hear them as buried" just wondering... Also I have never expirenced a bass response going from heavy to light just by changing an ear tip. Yes, different materials will sound different, like foam tips vs rubber. but for the most part a tip is a tip. If you handed me my t10i(or any of my earphones) with a different tip on it, I bet you i would still be able to recognize it. You are exaggerating the whole tip thing as well as all that other crap about synergy and what not.

It's really simple though, the forte, is really not a very hi-Fi expirence. It doesn't take burn in, or synergy, or a different tip to realize it either.

At the end of the day, I am a cynical, no nonsense kinda guy. So you can spare me the lecture on what it takes to be a pretentious audiophile cuz I'm not interested. If companies wanna slap higher and higher prices on things yet they can't make the damn thing sound good out of the box, then that's not a product I want. Let alone, purchase with the intent of further investing money into things like expensive cables or expensive amps so that it can "synergize".
You can dislike the Forte thats your right. Ozzie was ONLY talking about the Harmony and he was just saying the Harmony has treble. He never said you should like the Forte. Again if you dont like the Forte then get rid of it. I myself I have the Forte, Harmony and three 2.5s. I also had 12 ciems in the past and a multitude of universals so I would not consider myself a fanboy of any brand or any team. Guess I ended up just enjoying the 2.5s, Harmony and Forte.

Mar 15, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #4,977 of 6,413
I think the misleading part was saying Bravo Series when you meant Forte. If you haven't heard the Kicker or Harmony I don't think you can comment on the series as a whole. I am a fanboy but I'm not into trying to convince someone to like something that they did not.

Mar 15, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #4,978 of 6,413
BTW when I mentioned the whole bravo line I didn't mean the Harmony. As I was twice informed about the better treble and mids of the Harmony just days before I posted that.

Next time I'll be sure to have Steven Hawking look over my posts as to not be "presumptuous" or "misleading" with my inquires.

Haha. Ooo dear. Listen, I'm sorry. Obviously there's been a misunderstanding - on many levels. Just remember...'we must keep taaalking'...
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #4,979 of 6,413

There's so much wrong with this I don't know where to start, my friend. But I'll take full responsibility for what is obviously a badly written, misunderstood post on my part. Apologies if you took it personally. Just get rid of that awful Forte...it's not doing you any good! 

Mar 15, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #4,980 of 6,413

Users who are viewing this thread

Back