Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Mar 15, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #4,983 of 6,413
The forte, if I remember correctly, is the darkest of the entire line by a good margin, similar to the ASG-1.5 vs the 1Plus, Rockets, and 2.5.

The ASG-2.5 has better treble than the likes of the Tralucent Ref1, FitEar 334, and a few others. It may be worth it to do additional research before plunking down a huge amount of cash.

Mar 15, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #4,985 of 6,413
Respectfully, I submit that the Kicker is the warmest of the Bravo series (due to its tuning and abcense of boosts to the mid/high range via BAs).

I've listened to the Z5 and liked it very much, but preferred the 2.5. The Sony house sound is in full effect with the Z5 (I paired mine with the ZX2), and the fit was pleasant but inferior again to the pseudo-custom housing of the ASG. I would say the most Z5-like of the Aurisomics offerings may be the Harmony, but the 2.5 is in another league altogether with how visceral it is while retaining detail in the mids and highs with the correct source/amp/etc/etc.

Hope this helped-- much respect^^

Mar 15, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #4,987 of 6,413
  ASG-2 for the record are completely opposite of my natural preferences, this makes things entirely interesting for me.

All my other IEMs lean towards a more vibrant cleaner sound. I have owned DN-1000 twice, they're exactly where I like my preferences also. But the ASG-2 have a strange effect on me, their feral thickness and warmth is so out of my area 'its correct' if that makes sense.  There are times after switching over I find them relatively veiled thinking 'this is not me at all'. Give it some to adjust they clear up and I switch to: "I am never selling these"

Another reason I'm fond of them is because for those times I want to listen at my preference zone I own other IEMs for that. I have heard ASG-1.2 (one of those models) and found it one of my most unliked IEMs, I even questioned their previous owner if they'd gone through the washing machine, seriously.

I have read a lot of positives re the ASG-2 and 2.5 but the tight ass in me refuses to buy it even though I think the bass would leave a permanent grin on my face.

In addition I have moved to a new house with a man cave and now able to use my old but quite decent home theatre setup. I ordered the DUNU's prior to setting it up. I'm now finding I am listening to my speakers more than my headphones. This novelty will wear off I assume and I will return to headphones but right now I find headphones superfluous which surprised the hell out of me. I still use them in bed but for this I use a Nano and Bose Soundlink Bluetooth which btw sounds quite ok. My serious DAP's and headphones might gather some cobwebs. 

Mar 16, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #4,992 of 6,413
After a small defect with the nozzle on my Kickers, I've sent them back for a refund. I lost too many tips to justify the long term price. I hope others have better luck with them. They were great sounding and it's a shame I have to send them back :frowning2:

I would definitely recommend the Fender equivalent to anyone in the market for a decently priced and warm sounding IEM though :)

Mar 17, 2016 at 3:24 AM Post #4,995 of 6,413
I think the nozzle was made too small for the ear tips as they kept falling off so I lost quite a few pairs
Or the tips were too big.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back