Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Feb 25, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #4,801 of 6,413
You're going all professional musician on me :wink: I'm using mine strictly for listening to music. SpinFits or Comply, the nozzle on the ASG is just too big for me and hurts my ear canals. I actually tried to pay for some sort of nozzle swap but the Bravo nozzles don't fit.

RE: NC - Asheville is a great vacation spot nearby but unfortunately no job possibilities for me. Charlotte is a great modern city that is close to a bit of everything. I've actually been seriously considering a headphone shop as the closest is Moon Audio in Cary. I think a city of a million would support it.

Feb 25, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #4,803 of 6,413
I used the JVCs as well and like their sound slightly more than the SpinFits, but the comfort and fit afforded by the latter win out-- particularly when moving around, when I found the Spirals slipping out of place. Can't stand still when that much bass is in your face!

Feb 26, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #4,807 of 6,413
Nice review-- makes me want to get the Rockets as my 'wear and tear' pair even more than I did before, no doubt.

Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it!

Yeah, the Rockets are just perfect for that kind of usage.

Feb 26, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #4,808 of 6,413
Feb 26, 2016 at 1:17 AM Post #4,809 of 6,413
+1 for the Spinfit comments as well - the only downside is trying to get them on the nozzles of the ASG series without some form of nervous breakdown, but once they are in place it's magical! :wink:

Feb 26, 2016 at 1:55 AM Post #4,810 of 6,413
Great review, and very easy to read. Looking forward to getting my pair even more now!

Thank you Jack!

Did you manage to find a pair of Rockets already?

Feb 26, 2016 at 2:15 AM Post #4,811 of 6,413
Thank you Jack!

Did you manage to find a pair of Rockets already?

No worries. Yes, did find a pair - should be delivered next week. The Samma3a website (Aurisonics distributor in the Middle East) had them on for around £110 UK including international delivery - almost as good as the hifiheadphones deal (hoping I don't get stung at customs now!). They have got some new ASG 2.5s on sale for about £360 UK including delivery if anyone is looking, too.

Feb 26, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #4,812 of 6,413
No worries. Yes, did find a pair - should be delivered next week. The Samma3a website (Aurisonics distributor in the Middle East) had them on for around £110 UK including international delivery - almost as good as the hifiheadphones deal (hoping I don't get stung at customs now!). They have got some new ASG 2.5s on sale for about £360 UK including delivery if anyone is looking, too.

Was just about to post that:

https://www.samma3a.com/en/shop-2.html?query=aurisonics&search-submitovano=true

I bought plenty of things from them, they are very good seller/distributor and reputable.

Be quick, there seems to be only 1 left in stock!!

Cheers!

Feb 26, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #4,813 of 6,413
Think I might have to get a pair of spinfits and see for myself.
Do CP100 fit the Harmony?
Does the sizing come fairly normal. I'm ussually M and use that size in the Comply.
Will perhaps order some spiral dot at the same time.

Feb 26, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #4,814 of 6,413

I've found that the M SpinFits and the M Spiral Dots are very similar in size, with the SpinFits being very slightly larger in terms of circumferance.

There is an awesome Head-Fier, @Dopaminer, who will ship individual pairs of nearly any type of tip anywhere in the world and at a very reasonable price. I've ordered all of my recent tips from him, and he's great-- just shoot him a PM and let him know what you'd like. He'll even do mismatched pairs, like one small/one medium and the like.

Feb 26, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #4,815 of 6,413
You're going all professional musician on me
wink.gif
I'm using mine strictly for listening to music. SpinFits or Comply, the nozzle on the ASG is just too big for me and hurts my ear canals. I actually tried to pay for some sort of nozzle swap but the Bravo nozzles don't fit.

RE: NC - Asheville is a great vacation spot nearby but unfortunately no job possibilities for me. Charlotte is a great modern city that is close to a bit of everything. I've actually been seriously considering a headphone shop as the closest is Moon Audio in Cary. I think a city of a million would support it.

An avid amateur musician, my friend :wink:

I've had similar thoughts about a little headphone/audio boutique that would cater to our kind... we should powwow at some point!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back