Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Aug 14, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #3,616 of 6,413
I can confirm or deny nothing. Dale is going to beat me with a PVC pipe and proceed to rip my head off if I say anything more then I have. But I will say, having heard it during its early dev days and knowing its dev goal, I'm kinda jumping up and down right now knowing that Dale has it relatively tuned right.

At this point, anything less than preprocessed auditory brainwaves beamed directly to your brain by a device from your pocket controlled by thought that links over satellite, for free, to your home media server which is included at no cost, will be a disappointment.

Aug 14, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #3,617 of 6,413
Oh right! I forget if I've said anything about this yet but basically, ASG-1+ is the ASG-1 with a single tweeter. The latest revision of the ASG-2 takes a laid back approach and has less treble then the original ASG-2. It's been a while since I heard the ASG-1+ so I can't make any detailed comparisons but out of the three ASGs the 1+ was easily the closest to neutral.

Aug 14, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #3,618 of 6,413
  I can confirm or deny nothing. Dale is going to beat me with a PVC pipe and proceed to rip my head off if I say anything more then I have. But I will say, having heard it during its early dev days and knowing its dev goal, I'm kinda jumping up and down right now knowing that Dale has it relatively tuned right.

Oh, he has it tuned more than right. I'm saving all I can now for the big day. 

I'm hoping that the Rockets, G-1+, and Auris' tuning implies that this new phone will follow suit. I prefer that to the ASG stage monitor sound

+1 to this as well. Apparently, Dale is gonna tuned most of his more "consumer line" offerings this way now rather than the ASG stage monitor sound.

The great thing about Dale is that he listens to the community and improves constantly. Things are just gonna get better! 

Aug 14, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #3,619 of 6,413
Slightly dissenting opinion here, as I actually wished for just a touch more treble presence on the newer ASG-2 revisions and upcoming flagships.

Still, Aurisonics hasn't disappointed me yet with anything I've heard, so I'll just look forward to hearing some of this stuff at the Nashville meet :wink:

Aug 14, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #3,620 of 6,413
Slightly dissenting opinion here, as I actually wished for just a touch more treble presence on the newer ASG-2 revisions and upcoming flagships.

Still, Aurisonics hasn't disappointed me yet with anything I've heard, so I'll just look forward to hearing some of this stuff at the Nashville meet
wink.gif

I don't know, my ASG-2 has nice treble, don't feel the need for more - guess we are all different.

Aug 14, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #3,625 of 6,413
Haha to each his own, when I get a decent seal... PWOAH. No more bass plz, my eardrums can't take anymore pounding

No, there is plenty... I'll still take another helping... But I'm extremely satisfied with mine.

The 2.5 definitely felt like they had more bass vs the 2 when I listened to em.

Good to know as I plan on upgrading

Aug 15, 2014 at 2:34 AM Post #3,626 of 6,413
Re: the 2.5 having more bass. That shouldnt be the case as Dale decreased the size of the bass driver. However, they also did tune the bass ports to affect sub bass more rather than mid bass which is what you could be experiencing. 

Also I have listened to a burnt in pair of 2.0 and a un-burnt 2.5 and the bass on the un-burnt is much looser. Once you get pass that initial burn in period the bass will tighten up and become more controlled and refined. When both are properly cooked the 2.5 should have a touch less than the 2.0. I cant say for sure how much because I have yet to try a pair in its final form. It does take a while to cook the bass driver, it is quite big, and because it cooks much longer than the 2 BA inside, it may sound bloated at first because the BA's will settle much sooner. (To give some perspective, the owner of the 2.0s i tried said he used them daily for around 3 months before he noticed they settled entirely)

Aug 15, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #3,627 of 6,413
  Re: the 2.5 having more bass. That shouldnt be the case as Dale decreased the size of the bass driver. However, they also did tune the bass ports to affect sub bass more rather than mid bass which is what you could be experiencing. 

Also I have listened to a burnt in pair of 2.0 and a un-burnt 2.5 and the bass on the un-burnt is much looser. Once you get pass that initial burn in period the bass will tighten up and become more controlled and refined. When both are properly cooked the 2.5 should have a touch less than the 2.0. I cant say for sure how much because I have yet to try a pair in its final form. It does take a while to cook the bass driver, it is quite big, and because it cooks much longer than the 2 BA inside, it may sound bloated at first because the BA's will settle much sooner. (To give some perspective, the owner of the 2.0s i tried said he used them daily for around 3 months before he noticed they settled entirely)

Driver size doesn't necessarily correlate with bass impact and the dynamic isn't a bass driver, it's full range. I've seen the FR charts of the 2.5 vs 2 during my visit to Aurisonics HQ and it relatively confirmed what I heard with the treble. For me it was more cause and effect where the lowering of the treble made the bass stand out more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back