Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jul 1, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #3,587 of 6,413
AS-2 custom which the G-2 is based on.

Jul 1, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #3,589 of 6,413
Ah i see. I am only curious, but do you guys always get a response? I've probably sent 4 emails over the past 2 months, to have no response whatsoever. It kind of annoys me, but I just want to say they are busy(?)

Jul 2, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #3,590 of 6,413
I've had better responses to be honest, time wise. I asked a question yesterday, have yet to have it answered. I find that incredibly frustrating, especially since I've been in constant contact with the salesperson. I really don't understand it... I have customers that have questions and I'm extremely proactive in answering them.

Jul 2, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #3,591 of 6,413
I'd imagine Dale and co. are up to their armpits in issues what with trying to expand AS, deliver on the Rockets, their recent involvement with LIVV, work on that wireless freedom series, possibly a full sized headphone and the ASG successors. Got their hands in too many jars these days 

Jul 2, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #3,592 of 6,413
That's really a shame... if you can't handle what business you have, you shouldn't look to expand. Emails don't take very long to answer... But I'm going on day 6 of emails... Regardless, I'm going to buy a used set of G2'S, got a great deal, and wind up passing on the S2.

Jul 3, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #3,595 of 6,413
Heard from Aurisonics yesterday in regards to G2vsG2.5 :

"Hi Rich,

Basically the easiest way to understand the differences between the ASG-2 and the ASG-2.5 is that the ASG-2.5 is just the newest revision of the ASG-2 series. The changes that we made to the ASG-2 to get the ASG-2.5 essentially include a retuning to the sound to improve it a little bit to our standards. We did this by making the overall sound more appealing to high end consumers and audiophiles,  while still being desirable for the professional market. We also have a new dynamic driver,  which is a little smaller than the previous 15 mm (it is now only 14.2mm) but is a bit smoother and more efficient. They still have the same pair of balanced armature tweeters as well,  which will focus greatly on the highs and the lows, while the 14.2 mm driver will still focus on the mids. Additionally, the adjustable bass port will continue to allow you to adjust your low end to get more or less "oomph" in your sound. You will also have the option to choose from a polished black or polished red finish, which is used with a special coating we discovered that will make the monitors more durable in the long run, and much harder to break on the outside. Now all of this information is for the generics, but the same changes went into the design of newer and better customs as well. :)
"

Jul 3, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #3,596 of 6,413
I have also heard back from them! They said that they have nothing planned at the moment, but they do intend on creating an update program (maybe?). Well at least I hope they do, I really want to get on this.

Jul 3, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #3,597 of 6,413
Heard from Aurisonics yesterday in regards to G2vsG2.5 :

"Hi Rich,

Basically the easiest way to understand the differences between the ASG-2 and the ASG-2.5 is that the ASG-2.5 is just the newest revision of the ASG-2 series. The changes that we made to the ASG-2 to get the ASG-2.5 essentially include a retuning to the sound to improve it a little bit to our standards. We did this by making the overall sound more appealing to high end consumers and audiophiles,  while still being desirable for the professional market. We also have a new dynamic driver,  which is a little smaller than the previous 15 mm (it is now only 14.2mm) but is a bit smoother and more efficient. They still have the same pair of balanced armature tweeters as well,  which will focus greatly on the highs and the lows, while the 14.2 mm driver will still focus on the mids. Additionally, the adjustable bass port will continue to allow you to adjust your low end to get more or less "oomph" in your sound. You will also have the option to choose from a polished black or polished red finish, which is used with a special coating we discovered that will make the monitors more durable in the long run, and much harder to break on the outside. Now all of this information is for the generics, but the same changes went into the design of newer and better customs as well. :)
"

Wait... the dynamic handles just the mids and BAs take care of the lows and the highs?? :confused:

Jul 3, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #3,598 of 6,413
Wait... the dynamic handles just the mids and BAs take care of the lows and the highs??
confused.gif

Dynamic does the bass and mids..  BAs do the highs. 

Jul 3, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #3,599 of 6,413
Dynamic does the bass and mids..  BAs do the highs. 

That was my assumption, but:

They still have the same pair of balanced armature tweeters as well, which will focus greatly on the highs and the lows, while the 14.2 mm driver will still focus on the mids.
:D

I feel like the BA's kick in somewhere around the upper mids/lower treble, but the one impedance curve we have, of the defective unit, makes me wonder if it's not lower than that... But then again, we (or at least I) don't know how that would affect measured impedance.

Though iirc, there's no crossover circuit, so they could actually be tuned to "focus" on those areas, no?

Jul 3, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #3,600 of 6,413
The hell? the BAs focus greatly on the lows? Learn something new everyday. And yeah, they're both full ranged drivers, and Dale did say he had to tune them to work well together since there's no crossover

Users who are viewing this thread

Back