Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jan 15, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #3,631 of 6,413
  Looks like they're launching an IEM made for bass called the ASG-B.

Treble is plenty... G2 needs moar bass!!! Not joking!!! M O A R!!

@warrior1975
Your prayer has been answered..  
basshead.gif

Feb 17, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #3,634 of 6,413
Question to the thread (I tried to search ASG-22 & ASG-2.2 to no avail) but can anyone tell me what the difference is between the ASG-2 and the ASG-22? 
confused_face_2.gif

Feb 17, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #3,636 of 6,413

Hmmm...not sure where you saw ASG-22 (Amazon?) but it's a typo. Aurisonics website has no such aniamal just the ASG-2.5.

There are a number of warranty cards on view here and other sites that list the model as ASG-22 - so it isn't a typo. I also remember (it is so very hazy - lol) that there was some sort of revision between the ASG-2 and ASG-2.5.

I just received a pair of ASG-22 and wondered about the revision - and what it was supposed to represent in the progression. I figured that it was similar to the succession of the ASG-1, e.g.... ASG-1.1, ASG-1.2, ASG-1.3 and so on. Each revision affected the tuning in some way - I wonder what the 22 or 2.2 did the the garden variety ASG-2 - or if it simply meant it was a Stealth model - as many of the 22's I see (but not sure if it is limited to) are Stealth.

Someone out there knows 
tongue.gif

Feb 18, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #3,637 of 6,413

There are a number of warranty cards on view here and other sites that list the model as ASG-22 - so it isn't a typo. I also remember (it is so very hazy - lol) that there was some sort of revision between the ASG-2 and ASG-2.5.

I just received a pair of ASG-22 and wondered about the revision - and what it was supposed to represent in the progression. I figured that it was similar to the succession of the ASG-1, e.g.... ASG-1.1, ASG-1.2, ASG-1.3 and so on. Each revision affected the tuning in some way - I wonder what the 22 or 2.2 did the the garden variety ASG-2 - or if it simply meant it was a Stealth model - as many of the 22's I see (but not sure if it is limited to) are Stealth.

Someone out there knows 
tongue.gif

Might be alluding to the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor that the USAF uses.  All weather stealth tactical fighter aircraft
tongue.gif

Feb 18, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #3,638 of 6,413
Feb 21, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #3,640 of 6,413

There certainly is "Someone out there knows": call Aurisonic:  615-246-0366   Dah! 
rolleyes.gif

The difference between the ASG-2 & ASG-22 (back in 2013) was the addition of the adjustable bass vent - I guess you could get a frost version without the adjustable port...

The main reason I am interested is I just got a Stealth version of this with the adjustable bass screw and the warranty card states ASG-22 and being the loon I am, I wanted to know if there was a difference.

I must say I am enjoying them - when I first listened to them, before I put them in my ears, I (thought) I had turned the dial to zero - well it was really, really weird - one side was boomier than H E double-toothpicks. (great name for a band or Head-Fi user) So I realized that one was closed and the other side was wide open - I got them both closed and have kept them that way since. These are an interesting headphone. I am kind of a bass-head, but like my mids and treble - these sound pretty darned good. I don't hear any issues with coherence - the bass is big and so is the soundstage.

Today, I compared it to the CustomArt Music One and found the that the ...... just kidding.

But I see where people could fall in love with them - I have a lot of tip rolling and source matching to do before the jury gets in - the fit is great though - a lot like my SD-3s - a quasi-custom - universal shell. I wish all universals were so easy to wear.

Feb 23, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #3,645 of 6,413
  Apparently the "22" is just a tag Aurisonics put there for the stealth finish so the distributors have an easier time identifying it.

Surely ASG-2 'Stealth" would have worked? Where did you hear this information? I've read a few different things now. 22 just sounds totally strange from a sales approach to use. People are going to search for ASG-2, the extra number would possibly limit sales in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back