FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Sep 8, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #3,616 of 5,204
No, NOT Power, (common misconception) - low output impedance. I actually drive LX the best from Shanling UP2 (0.3 Ohm) and Ear-studio BT (1.0 Ohm) but the bass is unacceptably loose and overpowers rest of the spectrum in much worse degree then from even semi-portable Creative E5, and from U7 Xonar on the desktop. BTW directly from Galaxy 8+ is about ok.
With R5 u shouldn't have problem for 2 reasons: OI is about 1-2 Ohm and sound is neutral like P2.
With my R6(10 Ohm), LX is unusable and Roland shines:smile_phones:
Ahh gotcha

Sep 8, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #3,619 of 5,204
How does the Roland compare to the QDC Anole VX? I love that set, but wish the treble had a wee bit more detail or better separation. I'm not sure what the word or descriptor i am looking for is... I listen to a particular song from 36 Crazyfists - Bloodwork. In this song at 15 seconds the drummer is chicking his hi-hats with his foot twice in each bar (on the &s). The UM Mentor separated this from everything so amazingly. The Anole came close.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #3,621 of 5,204
How big Roland, really?

Bigger than hyla ce-5 or te5?

DHL says I'm getting my package delivered today so I can compare with my TE5B later on tonight.

Sep 9, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #3,624 of 5,204
I ordered on Tuesday and got it exactly 1 week later on linsoul.

Sep 9, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #3,625 of 5,204
For some reason I decided to mention it here and I guess that's because one of the guys several pages ago found that IEM model which "can't be named" from Aliexpress.
I have initially placed an order for Roland but then cancelled it after a while and decided to order this other EST model from Aliexpress.
I hope I recieve them in next several weeks and I will share what I think about it's tuning and overall perfrormance. It is also a hybrid of DD + BA + EST but they seem to be priced quite cheaper.

Sep 9, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #3,626 of 5,204
For some reason I decided to mention it here and I guess that's because one of the guys several pages ago found that IEM model which "can't be named" from Aliexpress.
I have initially placed an order for Roland but then cancelled it after a while and decided to order this other EST model from Aliexpress.
I hope I recieve them in next several weeks and I will share what I think about it's tuning and overall perfrormance. It is also a hybrid of DD + BA + EST but they seem to be priced quite cheaper.
i know what is this haha lmao. Please let me know. Your jump on this is quite absurd since it has no review yet. Please do share your impressions with iems comparison for sure.

Sep 9, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #3,627 of 5,204
Voldemort?

Sep 9, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #3,628 of 5,204
What is the turnaround time on delivery of Roland to USa at this time?

I ordered from Penon on 23 Aug and should be receiving my package today. So roughly 2 1/2 weeks? Looks like it's faster with Linsoul?

Sep 9, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #3,629 of 5,204
I ordered from Penon on 23 Aug and should be receiving my package today. So roughly 2 1/2 weeks? Looks like it's faster with Linsoul?
that's literally due to stock. Roland is out of stock, less supply than demand currently due to the hype. I received my La Hire literally 3 days after checked out. But... returned due to fearless fake graph. Kinda bumped still!

edit: Penon service is top notch so far

Sep 9, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #3,630 of 5,204
Voldemort?
Well, you know there is a seller on Ali who has a story with head-fi and eventually he and his products are banned from being reviewed or discussed here so I am not going to mention any names but since I am probably the first one who ordered these IEM and that they have 4 EST drivers I decided it would be okay to review them shortly here or in chinese discovery thread. I might get a chance to listen to some IEMs of Paladin series in Moscow retail shop so I might even write a direct comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back