FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Sep 9, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #3,631 of 5,204
that's literally due to stock. Roland is out of stock, less supply than demand currently due to the hype. I received my La Hire literally 3 days after checked out. But... returned due to fearless fake graph. Kinda bumped still!

edit: Penon service is top notch so far

Well maybe they shouldn't display 'in stock' on their website if that's what's causing the delay.

Sep 9, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #3,632 of 5,204
Well, you know there is a seller on Ali who has a story with head-fi and eventually he and his products are banned from being reviewed or discussed here so I am not going to mention any names but since I am probably the first one who ordered these IEM and that they have 4 EST drivers I decided it would be okay to review them shortly here or in chinese discovery thread. I might get a chance to listen to some IEMs of Paladin series in Moscow retail shop so I might even write a direct comparison.
Hey please mention me or dm me soon whenever you got them on hands! Im pretty looking forward but not sure with that massive bass since im really a mids and highs head. (not sibilant highs for sure)

Sep 9, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #3,633 of 5,204
Well maybe they shouldn't display 'in stock' on their website if that's what's causing the delay.
I think Penon clearly states the 1-2weeks for stock for Roland. Not for La Hire and Lancelot.

Sep 9, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #3,634 of 5,204
I think Penon clearly states the 1-2weeks for stock for Roland. Not for La Hire and Lancelot.

Well then that goes back to my original post. That their service is slower. You're the one that mentioned the problem is due to stock. Anyways, doesn't really matter. If you've experienced stellar services in the past, good for you. I'm just simply stating my experience.

Sep 9, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #3,635 of 5,204
**** specifically boasts that vocals done by ESTs, BTW. I'm tempted but it has vented design. Also, it seems like floodgates are open with ESTs. Will be seeing a lot of them next year:smile_phones::smile_phones::smile_phones:

Sep 9, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #3,636 of 5,204
To Fearless Audio: Please make pure DD-Electrostat hybrid! With Roland tuning and EST vocals, it would be a nuclear bomb on IEM market! :radioactive:

Sep 9, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #3,637 of 5,204
To Fearless Audio: Please make pure DD-Electrostat hybrid! With Roland tuning and EST vocals, it would be a nuclear bomb on IEM market! :radioactive:
The Sonion ESTs—the only kind available for purchase and implementation in IEMs, as far as I'm aware—work from 7k upward, so I don't think that this will work. (A high-pitched female scream tops out at around 3k; highest singing voices at less than 1.5, I believe.)

Sep 9, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #3,638 of 5,204
The Sonion ESTs—the only kind available for purchase and implementation in IEMs, as far as I'm aware—work from 7k upward, so I don't think that this will work. (A high-pitched female scream tops out at around 3k; highest singing voices at less than 1.5, I believe.)
Thanks a lot! Happy to see u here coming to the rescue with some good info:thumbsup:But that means that the most advanced hybrid is going to be IMR Rah with DD, Planar, Piezo... unless that glorious DD driver that seems to be 6 or 7 mm micro driver (maybe even beryllium?) that utilized in Roland should be capable of going to 10K with ease. In Sony N3ap vocals done by DD entirely (it sounds like:thinking:) Like I said earlier, BA are a weakens of Roland IMHO
Edit: If not Fearless, maybe EE will...

Sep 9, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #3,639 of 5,204
Thanks a lot! Happy to see u here coming to the rescue with some good info:thumbsup:But that means that the most advanced hybrid is going to be IMR Rah with DD, Planar, Piezo... unless that glorious DD driver that seems to be 6 or 7 mm micro driver (maybe even beryllium?) that utilized in Roland should be capable of going to 10K with ease. In Sony N3ap vocals done by DD entirely (it sounds like:thinking:) Like I said earlier, BA are a weakens of Roland IMHO
Edit: If not Fearless, maybe EE will...
DD+Planar+Est(i mean real EST, not eletret)
Wonder how to drive them and how to tune them LOL

Sep 9, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #3,640 of 5,204
DD+Planar+Est(i mean real EST, not eletret)
Wonder how to drive them and how to tune them LOL
I share your concern, as IMR R1z was anything but coherent:slight_frown: well...:fingers_crossed:for Rah. Still, next year we may see new gen EST drivers, besides, Electrete is fine if used only for treble.

Sep 9, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #3,642 of 5,204
i actually not really sure why they use the same word EST. kinda misleading. It's literally different tech

Sep 9, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #3,643 of 5,204
Noble Khan using Piezo ceramic, I heard/read has very airy presentation. 2 competing techs..
As for Electro-Static Transducer, - tech is mainly the same, ultra thin diaphragm moved by ES force, just less force for Electrete.

Sep 9, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #3,644 of 5,204
Noble Khan using Piezo ceramic, I heard/read has very airy presentation. 2 competing techs..
As for Electro-Static Transducer, - tech is mainly the same, ultra thin diaphragm moved by ES force, just less force for Electrete.
Electret is a charged diaphragm, Electro gets its power externally. It's not night and day, but it is a difference that impacts performance. Same underlying macro-tech.

Sep 9, 2019 at 6:05 PM Post #3,645 of 5,204

Users who are viewing this thread

Back