FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
May 10, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #1,981 of 5,204
Hey guys,

Trying to get IEM's that sound reasonably as good as my Beyer 1770, which I EQ with a pretty strong V, running from a Hiby R6, using Hiby Music app

Bought and Returned UE 900s. Sounded tinny

IT04: liked the fit, cable, and build. Sound was just okay to me. Not worth $500 for me

Kanas Pro: liked those a lot, but I had trouble with the fit in my left ear, and was constantly moving them around, but great clarity, and decent bass. Sounded really good with acoustic music, but guitars were just alright.

DM6: Hated these. Shouty and lacked details. Liked the cable though (nice right angle 3.5 was great).

The KZ ZS10 Pro are the first ones that fit me well, and have decent bass, but they lack the clarity of the Kanas Pro, and I hate the cable. They are $58 so I will probably keep them.

Just ordered Sony EX800ST since they are DD with a 16 mm driver. They arrive Sunday. I can still cancel these if I need to.

Thoughts from anyone? Anything else I should try? I want an audiophile detail with huge bass that works for heavy music like hardcore and metal.
Not heard it but Empire Ears Bravado would be in the same area as the ito4 (about $100 or so more) with regards to price at least. Just wondering if the high impedence issue with the hiby r6 could be skewing things a bit for you? Got any other sources you could try with it to see if that has anything to do with it?

May 10, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #1,982 of 5,204
I mean my Note 9. There has not been any hissing or anything like that that I know some people have been complaining about. The R6 def has better clarity, but the balanced just destroys the battery life. I've run multiple tips, different cables, used phone vs R6 vs ZX 300. The $58 KZ is the winner so far, but Kanas is objectively better as far as clarity and musicality. Thinking about trying KXXS.

May 10, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #1,983 of 5,204
This is a pretty good description of the S8Pro, too, but without the 4.5k sizzle and slight adjustments made to the mids for vocals.
As for the sizzle, I wouldn’t really even mention it but it does come up on certain vocals on certain tracks. It’s not really something anyone else may even notice. When used live on stage I don’t notice it at all ever. Just on certain tracks, which could be bad mastering/mixing and the set is calling it out.

Last edited:
May 10, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #1,986 of 5,204
I'm a little late to this party, it looks like. From the FR graphs, the S5T and the S8P look like more my style. Am I reading the descriptions correctly, and only models 6 and above use that big Sonion woofer?
I'm not sure, but I'll tell you the Sonion is absolutely a killer beast with the right tips and source. :D

May 10, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #1,987 of 5,204
Hey guys,

Trying to get IEM's that sound reasonably as good as my Beyer 1770, which I EQ with a pretty strong V, running from a Hiby R6, using Hiby Music app

Bought and Returned UE 900s. Sounded tinny

IT04: liked the fit, cable, and build. Sound was just okay to me. Not worth $500 for me

Kanas Pro: liked those a lot, but I had trouble with the fit in my left ear, and was constantly moving them around, but great clarity, and decent bass. Sounded really good with acoustic music, but guitars were just alright.

DM6: Hated these. Shouty and lacked details. Liked the cable though (nice right angle 3.5 was great).

The KZ ZS10 Pro are the first ones that fit me well, and have decent bass, but they lack the clarity of the Kanas Pro, and I hate the cable. They are $58 so I will probably keep them.

Just ordered Sony EX800ST since they are DD with a 16 mm driver. They arrive Sunday. I can still cancel these if I need to.

Thoughts from anyone? Anything else I should try? I want an audiophile detail with huge bass that works for heavy music like hardcore and metal.

If you like the zs10 pro, but want more detail retrieval, I recommend looking at the DM7. It's similar general sound but more controlled treble and upper mids and much better technicalities and detail.

May 10, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #1,988 of 5,204
I hated the Dm6. Like, I really thought they were overhyped trash, as in everyone who likes them must have been bribed by Chinese secret agents. That makes me skeptical of the DM7.

May 10, 2019 at 11:00 PM Post #1,989 of 5,204
I hated the Dm6. Like, I really thought they were overhyped trash, as in everyone who likes them must have been bribed by Chinese secret agents. That makes me skeptical of the DM7.

I didn’t like DM6 but I do like DM7. Different sound signature. Depends on your prefs.

May 11, 2019 at 12:31 AM Post #1,990 of 5,204
I'm a little late to this party, it looks like. From the FR graphs, the S5T and the S8P look like more my style. Am I reading the descriptions correctly, and only models 6 and above use that big Sonion woofer?

I had the S5T. Had Sonion bass driver.
But I do not recommend S5T. It had really great bass and great low male vocals, but overall sound was mushy and I ended up selling it.
Would only recommend to people who ONLY care about bass or instrumentalists who use on stage (had good instrument presentation across the board).
Id get model S6 or above

May 11, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #1,992 of 5,204

I guess it's your problem, not ours. I actually LOVE the DM6 a lot and I bought them from my own money. Which makes me wonder which of the rivals had sent you in to trash-talk about these IEMs :dt880smile:

May 11, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #1,993 of 5,204
I assume intentional hyperbole...?

Yes. I don't actually think anyone was bribed. I just didn't care for them. I thought the Kanas Pro were superior in every way.

I guess it's your problem, not ours. I actually LOVE the DM6 a lot and I bought them from my own money. Which makes me wonder which of the rivals had sent you in to trash-talk about these IEMs :dt880smile:

It is my problem. If you like them, that's fine. I just don't get the appeal.

Also, Fiio is paying me.... Jk

May 11, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #1,995 of 5,204
BGGAR is taking his time with the s12 comparo.. i so want to know what that sounds.

I figured out an issue with my setup, i had my dac/amp volume too low and used the computer software volume to change it and it was big mistake. After setting it at 30% software volume and using the physical knob of my dac/amp, the sound was cleaner. Rookie mistake on my part. The bass came alive. I think the knowles are more sensitive to volume as they get loud and peak sooner. The sonion needs a volume feed to make it come on its own. I didnt touch EQ, just volume and at higher volumes the sonion comes alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back