FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
May 10, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #1,966 of 5,204
Hey, has anyone here have tried Fearless S5H, how are they compared to S6Rui or S8? Heard somewhere that they are better than s6 in the bass department (has stronger punch). S4 perhaps not worth even to looks as it is a step below ? Ended to read all this thread form beginning (was doing it in a couple of days). Everyone here is talking s8 and above and not so much lower price fearless line iems experiences :triportsad: For my logic iem lower than 500 eur/dollar or even 300 should have better price /performance ration. Wondering which first of fearless to get which has price/performance best value. Which of them are more forgiving to source quality, has good lower part without dm6 peaks and harshness in treble. S8 and above for me seems not worth the price even if the quality is a little bit better. It's of course for me personally (think too detailed iems really will not be useful to such sources as spotify or youtube), cant say anything about old audiophiles here that has 4 stage disease :L3000: :o2smile: or just have money to buy all HBBA rec'd iems. Then possibly best way could be to buy everything that seems worth it. But usually i am trying check and collect all data from real users and decide what is worth to try in the given price range. Now i am in conclusion that s5H is what i need but don't see experience with them there, so perhaps all buys "the best" according HBBA recs. But wanted to know if someone really heard s5h and what was impression of it. Thank a lot :beerchug:
I've tried S4, S5H or S5T( I'm not quite sure) and S6rui. S4 and S5 sound signature is almost the same to me. There are a lot of bass but mushy. S5 has more open sound than S4 and small detail is better. But S6 is way better in my opinion. Better sound tuning, wide soundstage, precise direction of any sound. In my opinion, S6 just beat S5 in every aspect so I bought the S6. Sorry for bad english.

May 10, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #1,967 of 5,204
I've tried S4, S5H or S5T( I'm not quite sure) and S6rui. S4 and S5 sound signature is almost the same to me. There are a lot of bass but mushy. S5 has more open sound than S4 and small detail is better. But S6 is way better in my opinion. Better sound tuning, wide soundstage, precise direction of any sound. In my opinion, S6 just beat S5 in every aspect so I bought the S6. Sorry for bad english.
Thanks for your opinion, so s6 is better to you from all what is below it in the fearless line?s5 turbo different from other? I heard that it is worse than s5h because of poorer bass even if it is more pronouced. I hear that s6 is better but how about it's treble? Aren't they too much pronounced as someone here said it's on the borderline of the comfort listening. I really don't want other dm6 that is exactly on the borderline and i need to equalize 8 khz peak to be not so harsh. I see a lot of people that like harsher treble, but is not what i can call comfort listening. I like details but treble tuning is very important when you want to listen for longer period not thinking about tweaking it when the song is brighter and has more sibilance. Can you listen s6 rui comfortably?

May 10, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #1,968 of 5,204
Thanks for your opinion, so s6 is better to you from all what is below it in the fearless line?s5 turbo different from other? I heard that it is worse than s5h because of poorer bass even if it is more pronouced. I hear that s6 is better but how about it's treble? Aren't they too much pronounced as someone here said it's on the borderline of the comfort listening. I really don't want other dm6 that is exactly on the borderline and i need to equalize 8 khz peak to be not so harsh. I see a lot of people that like harsher treble, but is not what i can call comfort listening. I like details but treble tuning is very important when you want to listen for longer period not thinking about tweaking it when the song is brighter and has more sibilance. Can you listen s6 rui comfortably?

It looks like what you need is the S6 Pro. Check out the comparison between S6 Rui and S6 Pro from BGGR video.

May 10, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #1,970 of 5,204
Well yes, S6rui's treble is more pronounced. I admit I have too use eq to reduce treble down a bit so I can listen longer. I didn't own S5 so it's from my memory, I think S6rui bass is more realistic to me than S5 which fit to my liking.

May 10, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #1,971 of 5,204
Will surely look more closely to this comparison. :beerchug:
I always thought that 6pro is even more brighter than s6rui and with tuning more concentrated to higher part with weaker bass part than rui. And i am tryng to decide which from fearless has more concentration to the low part as this meens not so bright and tyring treble

May 10, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #1,972 of 5,204
Will surely look more closely to this comparison. :beerchug:
I always thought that 6pro is even more brighter than s6rui and with tuning more concentrated to higher part with weaker bass part than rui. And i am tryng to decide which from fearless has more concentration to the low part as this meens not so bright and tyring treble
S6Pro is not bright. It is very accurate in all areas. If you turn it up to loud you will get some sizzle around the 4.5khz area but in no way is it bright. It sounds identical to my 2.1 JBL LSR studio monitors. It is without a doubt the most accurate sounding in ear I have heard yet. More accurate than HD600 open backs. But honestly I am just one man and have not heard the R6rui.

There is no peak at 8khz. HBB has better graphs than I do but look back a few pages and see my graphs I posted and did a small right up. I have since done another updated impression following that.

May 10, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #1,973 of 5,204
MariusAB: I made a blind purchase of the S5H before any of the threads started on here. It was purely a gamble and it turned out to be a great gamble. I don't own any other Fearless iem's, although thinking about the Crystal Pearl. To "My Ears", the S5h is a musical earphone,although quite balanced, treble seems to be very slightly rolled off at the top end, they are light weight, very comfortable to wear for long periods. The bass doesn't intrude into the mids and is quick, The mids to me are perfect, not forward but not recessed either. Now the only downside for me is the cable, as i found it cheap feeling and no chin slider, YMMV. Any questions feel free to PM me.
Thanks :beerchug: looks like my opinion about s5h as sitting in the middle of fearless line is correct. This meens that for the price it could be the best iem. Really good to hear someone who has it and is quite happy with what he got blindly :) so with treble don't have much problem?

May 10, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #1,974 of 5,204
Thanks :beerchug: looks like my opinion about s5h as sitting in the middle of fearless line is correct. This meens that for the price it could be the best iem. Really good to hear someone who has it and is quite happy with what he got blindly :) so with treble don't have much problem?
Have you considered the DM7? Looks like it is more what you are looking for with the S5H. They basically chopped off that 8khz area. Looks to have some bass but not as much as the s5h. Interesting set imho.

May 10, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #1,975 of 5,204
MariusAB: Just remember what everybody says, is according to THEIR ears. My last 5 iem buys were all blind purchases, and have been happy with all of them. Almost all my other iems were purchased as a result of reviews on this site, and only 2 were disappointing.

May 10, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #1,976 of 5,204
Have you considered the DM7? Looks like it is more what you are looking for with the S5H. They basically chopped off that 8khz area. Looks to have some bass but not as much as the s5h. Interesting set imho.
well yes, dm7 looks really like an interesting option. Seems that they really tuned it in treble for more easier listening. As with my dm6 i always had this problem. So that's why i initially began to look something differently tuned there. But except that dm7 looks very similar to dm6 (from the graphs) and fearless i haven't tried yet. So that's why i began to look at fearless. For me dms also looks very interesting from bgvp but it could be step down from current dm6 in sound quality so still looking more to fearless line :) As always it's not so easy to do good choice when you can't listen any of these. :triportsad:

May 10, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #1,977 of 5,204
well yes, dm7 looks really like an interesting option. Seems that they really tuned it in treble for more easier listening. As with my dm6 i always had this problem. So that's why i initially began to look something differently tuned there. But except that dm7 looks very similar to dm6 (from the graphs) and fearless i haven't tried yet. So that's why i began to look at fearless. For me dms also looks very interesting from bgvp but it could be step down from current dm6 in sound quality so still looking more to fearless line :) As always it's not so easy to do good choice when you can't listen any of these. :triportsad:

Another possibility for you would be the Moondrop Kanas Pro. A well-rounded single DD IEM that I really like a lot. It is also on the top 5 IEM for BGGAR. You will also like the price as well :).

May 10, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #1,978 of 5,204
Another possibility for you would be the Moondrop Kanas Pro. A well-rounded single DD IEM that I really like a lot. It is also on the top 5 IEM for BGGAR. You will also like the price as well :).
Oh yes :beerchug: thanks a lot for remembering kanas, i have kanas long time and this is my alternative to dm6 as i couldn't live only with dm6. And kanas are perhaps my favorite. How could i live without them. Going to give to my brother dm6, so that's why i am going to get something in between these two as time goes by and we see more and more possible alternatives even better. Kanas will be my all time favorite, but always wanted to try something from fearless line also so will thinking to get some. Good choices you guys giving, only some of the best for lower price i already have (such as kanas), so next should make some investment and step up. Only where.. still so hard to choose these days

May 10, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #1,979 of 5,204
Hey guys,

Trying to get IEM's that sound reasonably as good as my Beyer 1770, which I EQ with a pretty strong V, running from a Hiby R6, using Hiby Music app

Bought and Returned UE 900s. Sounded tinny

IT04: liked the fit, cable, and build. Sound was just okay to me. Not worth $500 for me

Kanas Pro: liked those a lot, but I had trouble with the fit in my left ear, and was constantly moving them around, but great clarity, and decent bass. Sounded really good with acoustic music, but guitars were just alright.

DM6: Hated these. Shouty and lacked details. Liked the cable though (nice right angle 3.5 was great).

The KZ ZS10 Pro are the first ones that fit me well, and have decent bass, but they lack the clarity of the Kanas Pro, and I hate the cable. They are $58 so I will probably keep them.

Just ordered Sony EX800ST since they are DD with a 16 mm driver. They arrive Sunday. I can still cancel these if I need to.

Thoughts from anyone? Anything else I should try? I want an audiophile detail with huge bass that works for heavy music like hardcore and metal.

May 10, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #1,980 of 5,204
S6Pro is not bright. It is very accurate in all areas. If you turn it up to loud you will get some sizzle around the 4.5khz area but in no way is it bright. It sounds identical to my 2.1 JBL LSR studio monitors. It is without a doubt the most accurate sounding in ear I have heard yet. More accurate than HD600 open backs...
This is a pretty good description of the S8Pro, too, but without the 4.5k sizzle and slight adjustments made to the mids for vocals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back