FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
May 8, 2019 at 10:08 PM Post #1,951 of 5,204
I ordered my symbols direct. They took so long to arrive I assumed they were lost but they finally did arrive. I'm asset my son's baseball game but I'll check this evening and if I have some in small I'll toss them in the mail to you..

I ordered both the S4 then the S8F from linsoul. They were sent DHL and arrived 3 days after shipping. I had to pay $30 each time for brokerage or something. Actual shipping cost was included in the price.

If I was a couple years older and in the area I'd treat you to a beer... If you're insisting and find them then let me know and I'll give you my address, no rush. This hobby really has the best community.

Good to know, $30 is great. The Fostex TR-X00 was $450 American... So $110 shipping on that baffled me. I'm still trying to convince myself not to get S12. Self control. Ordering this week.

May 8, 2019 at 10:09 PM Post #1,952 of 5,204
I ordered my symbols direct. They took so long to arrive I assumed they were lost but they finally did arrive. I'm asset my son's baseball game but I'll check this evening and if I have some in small I'll toss them in the mail to you..

I ordered both the S4 then the S8F from linsoul. They were sent DHL and arrived 3 days after shipping. I had to pay $30 each time for brokerage or something. Actual shipping cost was included in the price.

Good luck to your son! I miss playing baseball as a kid. :dt880smile:

May 9, 2019 at 12:32 AM Post #1,954 of 5,204
20190509_130939.jpg
20190509_130557.jpg

Attachments

• 20190509_130326.jpg
    20190509_130326.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
May 9, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #1,956 of 5,204
If I was a couple years older and in the area I'd treat you to a beer... If you're insisting and find them then let me know and I'll give you my address, no rush. This hobby really has the best community.

Good to know, $30 is great. The Fostex TR-X00 was $450 American... So $110 shipping on that baffled me. I'm still trying to convince myself not to get S12. Self control. Ordering this week.

Found the small symbios and what I think are small final type E. Final has 5 sizes so if these aren't the smallest then they are one up.

PM me your address and I'll mail them in the next couple days.

btw... I ordered from here: http://symbioeartips.com/termek/symbio-w/
You can get 3 pairs in any combination of sizes. They will take a long time to arrive though.

Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #1,958 of 5,204
May 9, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #1,959 of 5,204
Listening through my back collection of Switchfoot FLAC rips, and good grief, I can feel the kick drum I my teeth. Oh memories...

One thing I found helps a bit is moving the tips forward from the nozzle ~1.5mm or so. That extra bit really opens up the space a bit, at least in my super weird ears.
20190509_174222~2.jpg

May 9, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #1,960 of 5,204
Listening through my back collection of Switchfoot FLAC rips, and good grief, I can feel the kick drum I my teeth. Oh memories...

One thing I found helps a bit is moving the tips forward from the nozzle ~1.5mm or so. That extra bit really opens up the space a bit, at least in my super weird ears.
Absolutely agree on the tip placement making a difference. On some IEMs where the tips like to slide down the stem too far I have started to cut the inner sleeves off of unused tips and place them on the IEM stem as a sort of “stop” so the tips can’t slide too far. I think it was @CoiL who mentioned this idea on another thread.

May 9, 2019 at 7:23 PM Post #1,961 of 5,204
Absolutely agree on the tip placement making a difference. On some IEMs where the tips like to slide down the stem too far I have started to cut the inner sleeves off of unused tips and place them on the IEM stem as a sort of “stop” so the tips can’t slide too far. I think it was @CoiL who mentioned this idea on another thread.
That's a great idea.

May 10, 2019 at 12:32 AM Post #1,963 of 5,204
May 10, 2019 at 4:00 AM Post #1,964 of 5,204
Hey, has anyone here have tried Fearless S5H, how are they compared to S6Rui or S8? Heard somewhere that they are better than s6 in the bass department (has stronger punch). S4 perhaps not worth even to looks as it is a step below ? Ended to read all this thread form beginning (was doing it in a couple of days). Everyone here is talking s8 and above and not so much lower price fearless line iems experiences :triportsad: For my logic iem lower than 500 eur/dollar or even 300 should have better price /performance ration. Wondering which first of fearless to get which has price/performance best value. Which of them are more forgiving to source quality, has good lower part without dm6 peaks and harshness in treble. S8 and above for me seems not worth the price even if the quality is a little bit better. It's of course for me personally (think too detailed iems really will not be useful to such sources as spotify or youtube), cant say anything about old audiophiles here that has 4 stage disease :L3000: :o2smile: or just have money to buy all HBBA rec'd iems. Then possibly best way could be to buy everything that seems worth it. But usually i am trying check and collect all data from real users and decide what is worth to try in the given price range. Now i am in conclusion that s5H is what i need but don't see experience with them there, so perhaps all buys "the best" according HBBA recs. But wanted to know if someone really heard s5h and what was impression of it. Thank a lot :beerchug:

May 10, 2019 at 5:50 AM Post #1,965 of 5,204
MariusAB: I made a blind purchase of the S5H before any of the threads started on here. It was purely a gamble and it turned out to be a great gamble. I don't own any other Fearless iem's, although thinking about the Crystal Pearl. To "My Ears", the S5h is a musical earphone,although quite balanced, treble seems to be very slightly rolled off at the top end, they are light weight, very comfortable to wear for long periods. The bass doesn't intrude into the mids and is quick, The mids to me are perfect, not forward but not recessed either. Now the only downside for me is the cable, as i found it cheap feeling and no chin slider, YMMV. Any questions feel free to PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back