FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
May 13, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #2,011 of 5,204
Don't stress! They are good, but not great! There is something about the treble and upper midrange that had me sell my new pair. To me there is harshness and sizzle at moderate to loud volume levels here. I love treble, but these just annoyed me. They do look great though!

Thank God I didn't jump on this train like I did with the DM6. I appreciate the Info.

May 13, 2019 at 1:58 AM Post #2,012 of 5,204
And I just received another email stating another pair of S8F is on the way! They must be pushing for sales as they keep sending them to me without ordering! Lol

May 13, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #2,013 of 5,204
i ordered the fearless upgrade cable(4.4mm) from linesoul last tuesday.. nothing new yet from dispatch ... seems they dont have it in stock :frowning2:
i wrote with someone from linesoul before... no word that i have to wait this long :frowning2:

May 13, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #2,016 of 5,204

With Chord Hugo 2 and Dx220 it was not what I had hoped.
Cymbals are most notable. A/B/C with DM7 and 12BA BGVP and there was some really hushed cymbal strikes.

Hey HBB, just to clarify: I listened to two SE5Us. The first one was great but doesn't measure like the other SE5Us out there; the second one (the graph that you showed) was absolutely disgusting and measures like the normal SE5Us.

Impressions of the first unit here
Impressions of the second unit here

My final rank was based on the second one since it measured most like the other graph I saw on Head-Fi.

May 13, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #2,017 of 5,204
Hey HBB, just to clarify: I listened to two SE5Us. The first one was great but doesn't measure like the other SE5Us out there; the second one (the graph that you showed) was absolutely disgusting and measures like the normal SE5Us.

Impressions of the first unit here
Impressions of the second unit here

My final rank was based on the second one since it measured most like the other graph I saw on Head-Fi.

Do more vids bro.
Your style is unique and refreshing.

I know you like the EX1000 and hated the CL1 so I have a baseline in "Good" and "Bad" with you plus...graphs don't lie and you got a hella library.
These were so unique they had an odd appeal and i thought that graph was pointing the way but listening to rock music the vocals are on my face and cymbals are backstage behind the band...in the other room. Do more vids bro!

May 13, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #2,018 of 5,204
And both of you guys can't hear the difference in the tonality of cables.
Love your videos HBB, but your impressions are not useful to me, we have different ears.
And that is the case with a lot of people out there.
Like you said, impressions and rankings are only useful if you can agree on a baseline.
Some people don't hear tonality and timbre, others do.

Last edited:
May 13, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #2,019 of 5,204
And I just received another email stating another pair of S8F is on the way! They must be pushing for sales as they keep sending them to me without ordering! Lol
Of you're having trouble with that treble peak, you might consider trying the Pro. They feel flat and "honest" through the treble, nothing hyped or smoothed out.

May 13, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #2,020 of 5,204
I ordered the S8F on 9 April, and got an email yesterday (12 May) that they have just shipped. Mine are ciems though, which definitely took longer to make than universals. But just a heads up that it may take longer than you expect, but seems like they will fulfil your order in time. They are probably just slammed with numerous orders, so hang tight! haha
Actually that's pretty good for ciems right now going by various threads. Custom Art are slammed with the black and 4 orders going on and quoting 7-8 weeks :)( ), Empire Ears are quoting 5-6 weeks as standard and 64 Audio are in the 3-4 week catagory as well. So that makes just over a month (not including weekends or shipping) pretty damn good imo. Have got a set of digital scans and I've been more than tempted a few times to try either the 4 or the 8, it's only been my issues with customs in the past that stop me as I'd hate to deal with the wait sending them back for refit.

May 13, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #2,021 of 5,204
Hmm, looks like I'm gonna pump the brakes on the S12's until some more impressions come out. Not a promising review.

May 13, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #2,022 of 5,204
Hmm, looks like I'm gonna pump the brakes on the S12's until some more impressions come out. Not a promising review.

Linsoul was kind enough to let me cancel my order. The comments about turning up the volume to get the detail then getting hammered by the vocals is something I've experienced in other headphones and not something I like.

May 13, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #2,023 of 5,204
Linsoul was kind enough to let me cancel my order. The comments about turning up the volume to get the detail then getting hammered by the vocals is something I've experienced in other headphones and not something I like.

From initial impressions, they sounded like a cheaper Zeus. Looks like I'll be waiting until a cheap pair of Zeus's pop up, probably for the best. Fearless has been getting my attention though I would like to try one of their products soon. Glad they let you cancel their order, too bad we won't be hearing our impressions on them though!

May 13, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #2,025 of 5,204
From initial impressions, they sounded like a cheaper Zeus. Looks like I'll be waiting until a cheap pair of Zeus's pop up, probably for the best. Fearless has been getting my attention though I would like to try one of their products soon. Glad they let you cancel their order, too bad we won't be hearing our impressions on them though!

Interesting.. I have liked the idea of the Zeus but they're out of my price league. I had Noble Katanas and really liked them but I sold them mostly just to try something else. (maybe a mistake)
I had high hopes for the S12 as a refinement of the S8F. If they would've been easy to sell after trying them I might have gone through with the order but the thought being stuck with a "flagship" I didn't really like... HBB's reviews are good because they focus on actual details of songs rather than generalities and "audio terms." To hear that the cymbals are soft and recessed makes me think that violins are probably going to sound unnatural. Timbre is my big thing an that huge drop in the freq chart means something is going to sound odd even if it is providing some other spatial benefits.
Too much of a gamble for me.. I don't make enough to take one for the team... Ha

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back