FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Mar 14, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #421 of 5,204
Can someone tell be how, on the Linsoul site, I specify which Wood faceplate I want to order on the S8?

I am also curious about whether or not this IEM’s sound and build quality are better/in a different class than my FiiO FH5. I see it mentioned in the same sentence as a couple of CA IEMs and wonder if they are really THAT good. I am cautious when it comes to spending this kind of money on Chi-fi.

Mar 14, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #423 of 5,204
Can someone tell be how, on the Linsoul site, I specify which Wood faceplate I want to order on the S8?

I am also curious about whether or not this IEM’s sound and build quality are better/in a different class than my FiiO FH5. I see it mentioned in the same sentence as a couple of CA IEMs and wonder if they are really THAT good. I am cautious when it comes to spending this kind of money on Chi-fi.
On the Linsoul S8 page, select the S8F as the option

Half way down the page, there is on the left hand side a link for the customization page - select that

On that page you have a number of options.

For the wood (or other faceplates), you will need to scroll through the photos to find what you are looking for.

For example, I selected:
Default Fearless logo
Wood series
No custom fit
Add to cart

In the cart, add a note with the face plate that you want (for example, I selected SM17.
You should add to the note the color shell that you want. They suggested to me B15 (clear), but you can select that as add to the notes in teh cart.

I have found the Linsoul folks to be very helpful

Mar 14, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #425 of 5,204
Is the S8F worth the upgrade from the S6Rui.... Ugggghhhhhhh. I hate this hobby sometimes.
funny-gif-girl-party-mad-breaking-things.gif
Ok, S6Rui to S8f upgrade? Worth it? Or basically just tuning differences I can EQ my way out of. OCD applies.

Mar 14, 2019 at 7:46 PM Post #426 of 5,204
You can EQ your way there.
The S6R is xcellent so no way dump another load of cash.
If it were any other Fearless I would say maybe try but S6R and S8F are close in every way so nah, enjoy the Rui :)

Is the S8F worth the upgrade from the S6Rui.... Ugggghhhhhhh. I hate this hobby sometimes.

Ok, S6Rui to S8f upgrade? Worth it? Or basically just tuning differences I can EQ my way out of. OCD applies.

Mar 14, 2019 at 8:29 PM Post #428 of 5,204
On the Linsoul S8 page, select the S8F as the option

Half way down the page, there is on the left hand side a link for the customization page - select that

On that page you have a number of options.

For the wood (or other faceplates), you will need to scroll through the photos to find what you are looking for.

For example, I selected:
Default Fearless logo
Wood series
No custom fit
Add to cart

In the cart, add a note with the face plate that you want (for example, I selected SM17.
You should add to the note the color shell that you want. They suggested to me B15 (clear), but you can select that as add to the notes in teh cart.

I have found the Linsoul folks to be very helpful

Linsoul actually was the one who went to a China show and surmised this company might find a foot hold in the West.

When is S8 Pro vs S8 F comparison coming out Bro ?

Shipping delay so likely the ACME the S6 and S8pro come together mid next week.

Mar 14, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #429 of 5,204
Linsoul actually was the one who went to a China show and surmised this company might find a foot hold in the West.

Shipping delay so likely the ACME the S6 and S8pro come together mid next week.
Oooh waiting for the ACME like nothing before :) must tame me to blind order one :) but i wait for your video .. it’s much money and hard to send back from Germany to China ...

Mar 14, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #430 of 5,204
Oooh waiting for the ACME like nothing before :) must tame me to blind order one :) but i wait for your video .. it’s much money and hard to send back from Germany to China ...

Yeah don't blind buy that thing :) Too much money. It will just be my opinion but I got the other Fearless so it will have some value relative to the rest of series

Mar 14, 2019 at 8:41 PM Post #431 of 5,204
Yeah don't blind buy that thing :) Too much money. It will just be my opinion but I got the other Fearless so it will have some value relative to the rest of series
Yeah I will wait .. I trust in your opinion , your opinion gave me the dm6 and the legend x .. and I love both .
Thx for that by the way :)
Maybe the acme is a mix of these both ... would be great

Mar 15, 2019 at 12:58 AM Post #433 of 5,204
You can EQ your way there.
The S6R is xcellent so no way dump another load of cash.
If it were any other Fearless I would say maybe try but S6R and S8F are close in every way so nah, enjoy the Rui :)
Thanks, I'm still going to agonize over it for another week since I could just sell the s6 or s8 almost at cost. I consider them a nice contrast to the RHA cl2, but I do feel they can get a bit congested at times (or I'm not taking my medication right).

The S10 still seems really interesting to me, so you know, if you want to send it my way when you've fully trashed it, I wouldn't say no....

Mar 15, 2019 at 2:21 AM Post #434 of 5,204
@Hawaiibadboy Huge fan of your videos! Trying to decide between the DM6's or the fearless audio S8F, is the S8F justifiable at more than double the price of DM6's?

Mar 15, 2019 at 5:33 AM Post #435 of 5,204
@Hawaiibadboy Huge fan of your videos! Trying to decide between the DM6's or the fearless audio S8F, is the S8F justifiable at more than double the price of DM6's?

Thanks
Well it's not twice as good.
Clear sonic step up IMO but putting that in value terms is hard.
I think the S6 is a side grade/up grade depending on the sound sig a person likes most. I think the S8F is a better performing set period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back