FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Mar 15, 2019 at 6:07 AM Post #436 of 5,201
Yep @Hawaiibadboy, you helped a lot of people jump into the hobby with your honest reviews.
Thank you for sharing your passion with us.

Regarding the Fearless Audio IEMs, man, these look dope!

Do I need them? No.
Did I ever think that I'd spend hundredths of € on IEMs? Definitely not!
Can I buy them? Yes, I have some spare money, it won't affect my ability to pay food/bills/loan/Friday Night Magic.
Do I want them? Oh yes, damn, they're shinny ; but Led Zep' carefully taught us that all that glitter might not be gold...
Should I buy them? Well that's a tricky one.
Should one buy happiness? Hmmm, if happiness could eventually be bought, I'd guess so... One can certainly offer toys to a child to bring happiness.
Wait... Should one theach his kids that happiness comes from toys?!
Will this IEMs genuinely make me happy or is it yet another need for spend moment? Damn this consumption society (yes, it's easier to blame it on the society rather than to blame it on myself).
Am I considering this as a toy? Joker.
Am I just a 28 years old child? Ok I'll cheat and use my already spent single joker here and say "yes these are toys, but isn't life a game?" (nice dodge)...
Will I get them? I shall wait for a couple of weeks/months to wisely consider the question.
Custom or uni? Wow I had no idea such a thing as custom could exist, is it worth it?

Mar 15, 2019 at 6:27 AM Post #437 of 5,201
Yep @Hawaiibadboy, you helped a lot of people jump into the hobby with your honest reviews.

Do I need them? No.
Can I buy them? Yes, I have some spare money, it won't affect my ability to pay food/bills/loan/Friday Night Magic.
Do I want them? Oh yes, damn, they're shinny ; but Led Zep' carefully taught us that all that glitter might not be gold...
Should one buy happiness? Hmmm, if happiness could eventually be bought, I'd guess so... One can certainly offer toys to a child to bring happiness.
Will this IEMs genuinely make me happy or is it yet another need for spend moment? Damn this consumption society (yes, it's easier to blame it on the society rather than to blame it on myself).
Am I just a 28 years old child? Ok I'll cheat and use my already spent single joker here and say "yes these are toys, but isn't life a game?" (nice dodge)...
Will I get them? I shall wait for a couple of weeks/months to wisely consider the question.
Custom or uni? Wow I had no idea such a thing as custom could exist, is it worth it?

Your head is humming and it won't go,
in case you don't know
The piper's calling you to join him...

Mar 15, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #439 of 5,201

Do I need them? No.

Specifically, w.r.t custom, I'm also likely getting custom. (Just need to finalize on S8F vs S8Pro). Please note that the reshelling costs would be around 150 USD, so accordingly if you plan to sell them later, there will be a drop in price relative to universal.

Mar 15, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #441 of 5,201
Hey , can you do me a "big" favor ? When u graph the ACME could u graph the Legend X too?
would be very nice to compare the 2.

I can do that

@Hawaiibadboy - what are the sonic differences between s8f and ex800st?

which one do you prefer more?

keep up the good work!

Been a while since I rocked the 800ST (loved em so they got re-cabled 4 years ago :) ). I prefer the S8F but the 800 is a legend and the big brother EX1000 is a king.

IMG_20190315_225842_3[1].jpg

EDIT:

Differences are S8 has more bass unless 800ST vents are taped. S8F has a more "live" sound while 800 un taped are Studio tuned. Beyond that i have to take time and listen and get back to ya

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #442 of 5,201
I can do that

Been a while since I rocked the 800ST (loved em so they got re-cabled 4 years ago :) ). I prefer the S8F but the 800 is a legend and the big brother EX1000 is a king.

EDIT:

Differences are S8 has more bass unless 800ST vents are taped. S8F has a more "live" sound while 800 un taped are Studio tuned. Beyond that i have to take time and listen and get back to ya
Awesome

Mar 15, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #443 of 5,201
So, the more I listen to my S6 the more I think that I really don't like 2 pin connections and wish mmcx was just standard. Comparatively they're just too delicate compared to mmcx if you make adjustments in your ear at all. Aftermarket cables are also much more of a mixed bag for fit.

The only positive is the ease of switching cables, which I rarely do.

In terms of sound, my impressions are really starting to settle in with the S6. They're an energetic set with good dynamic range. Even EQd they have a very forward lower-upper-mid presence (4k ish). Vocals simply don't have quite the smoothness of the CL2 (ie. Leave the war with me by London grammar) but the subbass presence is greater.

They're more forgiving than my CL2 and more revealing than the it04. They sound a lot more lively than the it04 (DWI by missio and sorry by nothing but thieves) while those are more laid back and smoother. These are still hard to listen to empire of the sun on (ie. Celebrate, from Ice on the dune), but not as bad as the CL2.

Overall, pretty good, they're getting a lot of ear time over more expensive pairs. Staging, laying and separation is possible one area for improvement. There's nothing special about this pair IMO, and when things get really busy, they can sound a bit congested (news from Verona by portico quartet).

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #444 of 5,201
Staging, laying and separation is possible one area for improvement. There's nothing special about this pair IMO, and when things get really busy, they can sound a bit congested (news from Verona by portico quartet).

I wonder if this would be better refined on the S8F? Perhaps @Hawaiibadboy can find a complex track and do a comparison?

Thanks for your impressions btw.

Mar 15, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #445 of 5,201
I wonder if this would be better refined on the S8F? Perhaps @Hawaiibadboy can find a complex track and do a comparison?

Thanks for your impressions btw.

This is where tastes throw a wrench in things. My image of busy is this:

I am in and on the S8F train and this sounds special.
Not going to ever get into a question about what another man hears. My library is mostly Rock. Some Hip Hop and a touch of Reggae.

That vid track is my version of busy. Sounds fantastic

Mar 15, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #447 of 5,201
I can do that

EDIT:

You were so close to comparing the s8f to the ex1k, then....just a tease!

Mar 15, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #448 of 5,201
You were so close to comparing the s8f to the ex1k, then....just a tease!

I think EX1000 are the finest DD ever. Nothing has a stage like it. Bass and mids are like clay to be molded. I have O.C.D so micro details are big for me. Both do that about the same. I was not even a fan of BA sets until about a year ago.

I can do a vid after stuff tins out.

I got S8 Pro, S6 pro ACME, Oxygen shipped today (late ) and a bunch of other stuff following that so hopefully b the end of the month I can get that done

Mar 15, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #449 of 5,201
sciOC: I've been listening to both 2 pin and mmcx for quite a while, and I have to agree with you about 2 pin being problematic. I should note that if the iem has a recessed entry and the cable has that notch that fits into it, I've had no problems.

Mar 15, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #450 of 5,201
got S8 Pro, S6 pro ACME, Oxygen shipped today (late ) and a bunch of other stuff following that so hopefully b the end of the month I can get that done
I'm a big fan of the Oxygen in everything but long-term comfort, and maybe insertion depth/ isolation. For me, they're my favorite DD. Curious to hear your thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back