FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Mar 13, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #406 of 5,204
AFAIK there is no customisation like getting ear expression to shape the shell. Customisation is restricted only to shell colours and logo. No choice at all on AliExpress, or i am really blind.
There is. If you're using google translate on the AE, the CIEM option is what is being translated as private model.

Btw, just saw that lonsoul has listed the y2k and schiiit that thing is expensive at $4400.

Mar 13, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #408 of 5,204
Absolutely not! The only advantages of the Shure are the fit and isolation
TBF, those are pretty massive advantages for IEMs in a professional setting...

Mar 13, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #413 of 5,204
I agree. Sorry I was only speaking about my personal preferences! I should have been more specific
There's certainly no need to apologize! We all bring different perspectives to the table. :)

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #414 of 5,204
My same opinions on the ACME and SE846.

to my understanding, this won't make the bass of the BA "deeper", but rather cut off higher frequencies cleanly, more effectively than tube dampers. So basically a passive crossover, or a low pass filter. From what I remember (i may be wrong), but this plate system from the se846 lengthened the tube from the Bass BA to 4 inches (all in a box smaller than a cubic cm), where each sharp turn chops off a bit of the higher frequencies, assisted by long tubing (which is a method i think JH Audio uses for their bass drivers, just feed it through a 2 inch tube)

This may be incorrect, i just think its a gimmick when the other BA's will still be responsible for the signature, air, and everything else that'll make the IEM enjoyable.

Mar 13, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #415 of 5,204
My same opinions on the ACME and SE846.

to my understanding, this won't make the bass of the BA "deeper", but rather cut off higher frequencies cleanly, more effectively than tube dampers. So basically a passive crossover, or a low pass filter. From what I remember (i may be wrong), but this plate system from the se846 lengthened the tube from the Bass BA to 4 inches (all in a box smaller than a cubic cm), where each sharp turn chops off a bit of the higher frequencies, assisted by long tubing (which is a method i think JH Audio uses for their bass drivers, just feed it through a 2 inch tube)

This may be incorrect, i just think its a gimmick when the other BA's will still be responsible for the signature, air, and everything else that'll make the IEM enjoyable.
That explanation makes physical sense to me. I think that for me to be satisfied about how much of a gimmick it is or isn't, I'd need to see the frequency response of the BAs feeding into said system after they've been fed a full spectrum sweep and after that's been passed through the active crossover. I could see that if it still is transmitting high frequencies that it's not intended to transmit, this could be helpful. But I can't imagine it's too big a deal...

Mar 13, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #416 of 5,204
Roughly speaking the amount of air in that maze creates a spring which will definitely low pass the driver and make it more resonant in the tuning frequency. It's similar to Bose's waveguide bass stuff. If anyone is familiar with Bose waveguide bass, it is extremely powerful in a small range and impressive for the size. Seems a perfect fit for an IEM!

Mar 13, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #417 of 5,204
S
Roughly speaking the amount of air in that maze creates a spring which will definitely low pass the driver and make it more resonant in the tuning frequency. It's similar to Bose's waveguide bass stuff. If anyone is familiar with Bose waveguide bass, it is extremely powerful in a small range and impressive for the size. Seems a perfect fit for an IEM!
sounds promising :)

Mar 13, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #418 of 5,204
Hey guys I'm in the market for some new IEMs and the s6rui caught my eye after watching HBB's review. Before I buy though, I'd hope I could get more impressions or a comparison to some other headphones like the ER4XR or Sony XBA-N3AP (Demoing both of them before returning whichever pair I like less).

Thanks!

Mar 14, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #419 of 5,204
I think a pair of S8 Freedoms may be of order!

Mar 14, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #420 of 5,204
I think a pair of S8 Freedoms may be of order!

funny-gif-girl-party-mad-breaking-things.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back