FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Jun 19, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #2,416 of 5,204
I have the S8 Pro, but have not tried the S8F or any others. My take is that they are super detailed, but musical, with nothing out of place. The perception of soundstage isn't massive or oversized, but accurate (I have years of orchestra conducting experience, and can easily locate the instruments spatially on good recordings with the S8P). Mids are recessed only enough to keep out of the way of the bass and treble without losing content. Bass, especially sub-bass is "real," punchy and visceral. Depending on tip and seal these can be real bass monsters (Spiral Dots, Comply), clean and clear with tamed treble (Final Type E) or unyieldingly accurate (Symbio W).

If I'm looking for a spacious, grand scale listen, I'll grab my Oxygens, but if I want to hear all the nuances of the music (flaws included), the Fearless S8 Pros are my choice every time. If it's a question of on-stage monitoring, it's S8P without question-- aside from the dialed-in EQ, isolation is awesome.

Now, from what HBB says, the S6RUI and S8F are going to be more your thing if you're into hyped and intense maximal detail listening, and S6P for a more typical "HiFi" curve with lean bass. If you've ever been on a large live stage using IEMs for monitoring, you'll understand what I mean when I say the S8P is "stage neutral" not "studio neutral," that is, a slightly elevated bass from ruler-flat that enables the performer to better locate the beat and still get a real sense of what's happening in the room. They aren't everyone's particular brand of EQ, but they're definitely mine; I've never been so satisfied with an audio purchase.

Could you rec for onstage monitoring of male vocals? Or something else?

Jun 19, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #2,419 of 5,204
Could you rec for onstage monitoring of male vocals? Or something else?

You're in luck! I'm also a baritone, so yes, I use these for vocals, too. I haven't tested a ton of monitors, but these are the best of what I have heard (against various Westone, Shure monitors up and down the price range).

Are the mids really recessed though? I usually listen to music with vocals so I don't like headphones where the mids are too recessed, dark, or in the back. It makes most of my stuff sound a bit bland or boring. I usually tend to go for something a bit more balanced in sound, and don't mind if the mids are a bit more apparent. Tonality is also very important to me and I tend to prefer something with more body/warmth/texture than something on the dry and clinical side.
So far, it seems the S8Pro might be the one for me, but was wondering on your opinions on the mids and tonality, since the bass, treble, details, sound stage seems to be where I would like it.

The mids are just enough back to keep the midbass from becoming muddy. It's not something that stands out as clearly audible. In fact, there are some recordings where the lower mids can feel a little too thick, some where the treble can sound a little too glossy depending on tip. They certainly don't sound or feel V-shaped, maybe a subtle U or neutral with a very slight elevation of the bass. They're just very "real," if that makes sense.

I wouldn't describe the Pro as too much of anything, honestly. The tonality is very middle-of-the-road. It's certainly not overly weighty, but not lean either. On stuff I've recorded the tone is pretty much how it sounds out of studio monitors with less space and "room," obviously.

edit: For reference, here are a couple reviews that I generally agree with. Please do note that tip selection has a BIG impact on bass. More isolation = bigger bass. That includes mid-bass and lower midrange thickness. I prefer Symbio Ws for great balance across the range and superb isolation, which also has the effect of elevating the bass.

https://www.soundphilereview.com/reviews/fearless-audio-s8-pro-review-3857/
https://www.audiophileon.com/news/fearless-audio-s8-pro-review-s8p

edit 2: I should also note that I invested in a Gu.Crafstman 6n 8 core silver cable not long after purchase, mostly because of the not-really ear guides of the stock cable, which some prefer and the stellar Gu.Craftsman reviews. In my experience the heat-shrinked ear guides increase comfort and [flamesuit] the cable improved balance across the spectrum. The standard OFC SPC cable is a great stock cable, but the Gu.Crafstman just improves everything that little bit more (especially body, midrange/ treble balance), and, most importantly, balanced a bit of the shine some reviewers are noting in their Fearless reviews. [/flamesuit]

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #2,420 of 5,204
Fearless Y2K-G10 Initial Impression
Highly musical sound with a smooth yet impactful bass. The midrange is forward and bodied. Treble is extended well with smoothness and never harsh. There is a holographic presentation with fullness. An outstanding flagship from Fearless that rivals even the likes of my Noble Kaiser Encore. Full review soon. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

Do these have the ACME routing?

Jun 19, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #2,421 of 5,204
Jun 19, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #2,422 of 5,204
Do these have the ACME routing?
This don't have ACME routing. It is a specific tuning from Penon Audio using the Y2K machine. You can check more information here. Cheers! :)

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #2,425 of 5,204
This is why i am hoping the s8pro is more on the level if the andromeda. Im readu to buy one of the 2 just hoping more reviews come in soon for the s8pro. Its just sitting in my linsoul cart. Only true comparison of the s8f/8pro and andromeda ive seen are from one person on reddit. Otherwise not much out there.

I currently own the S8F and the S10 and Ive been rocking them for about 2 months now. To my ears, S8F and S10 are pretty damn similar but the S10 is just a little more relaxed sounding compared to the intense S8F. At the same volume, S8F wins all day but if you give the S10 a little extra juice, they sound beautiful. At this point, I'm more inclined to whip out the S10 over the S8F in daily on the go but I probably need more time to A/B just to be certain.

Anyways, I just went to an audio shop this past weekend and finally got to demo the infamous Andromeda!
I was using an onkyo dp-x1 as my source, the s10 was using a balanced cable while the andros were using the stock SE cable. I volumed matched as fast as I could as I was A/Bing the two iems and settled on a track from the japanese band Wagakki Band in 24 bit flac. They use a lot of instruments in their songs so its perfect for me to use these songs as a reference point when comparing iems.
So I put the andros in, sat back and hit play... To my surprise, the S10 sounded clearer to my ears than the andro using the same songs back and forth. The andros sounded very balanced, had leaner bass with nice sound stage but the S10 has that nice treble extension like the S8F and fuller bass without sacrificing the mids. They both sound damn good but I honestly enjoyed the S10 more and I cannot see myself picking up the andros any time soon.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #2,426 of 5,204
I currently own the S8F and the S10 and Ive been rocking them for about 2 months now. To my ears, S8F and S10 are pretty damn similar but the S10 is just a little more relaxed sounding compared to the intense S8F. At the same volume, S8F wins all day but if you give the S10 a little extra juice, they sound beautiful. At this point, I'm more inclined to whip out the S10 over the S8F in daily on the go but I probably need more time to A/B just to be certain.

Anyways, I just went to an audio shop this past weekend and finally got to demo the infamous Andromeda!
I was using an onkyo dp-x1 as my source, the s10 was using a balanced cable while the andros were using the stock SE cable. I volumed matched as fast as I could as I was A/Bing the two iems and settled on a track from the japanese band Wagakki Band in 24 bit flac. They use a lot of instruments in their songs so its perfect for me to use these songs as a reference point when comparing iems.
So I put the andros in, sat back and hit play... To my surprise, the S10 sounded clearer to my ears than the andro using the same songs back and forth. The andros sounded very balanced, had leaner bass with nice sound stage but the S10 has that nice treble extension like the S8F and fuller bass without sacrificing the mids. They both sound damn good but I honestly enjoyed the S10 more and I cannot see myself picking up the andros any time soon.

Man really want the 8pro

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #2,428 of 5,204
Anymore suggestions for the tips? I've been loving the Comply S-200 "medium" for the S8pro. They sound fantastic and they fit snug so no issues of it getting stuck in your ear canal. I just worry for the filterless design, I am scared of earwax getting into the tubing. And oh since its foam, you'll need to buy lots as they will degrade fast but the sound is amazing. The spinfits I had before are now in the do not use bin for me. I guess for those that had the 8F, the spinfits would make more sense as it warms the sound but its too warm for the 8p imho so something different would probably work.
I oddly found tips that work. I had the KZAS10 and the black tips that come with them are the best tips I've tried out of comply, spinfits, focus, and spiral dots. Perfect seal and oh so comfortable. I bought 5 sets on ali express at .77 per pack. https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot...orderId=103263999474067&productId=32724406344.

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #2,429 of 5,204
I oddly found tips that work. I had the KZAS10 and the black tips that come with them are the best tips I've tried out of comply, spinfits, focus, and spiral dots. Perfect seal and oh so comfortable. I bought 5 sets on ali express at .77 per pack. https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot...orderId=103263999474067&productId=32724406344.
The spirals are really good, too. I do casual listening with the Spirals as they're a little more comfortable, and serious stuff with the Symbios. The Symbios Ws are CRAZY isolating-- not awesome with 6 kids running around the house. :grin:

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #2,430 of 5,204
@warriorpoet @cr3ativ3 im intrigued about the symbio-w. it looks like a combination of the spinfit and comply. is it a perfect snug fit for the bore size of the fa s8f/pro/acme8? it ships from hong kong right? how was your experience with shipping?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back