Fake Monster Turbine Pro Copper: Comparing REAL vs FAKE
Feb 12, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #61 of 116
Anyone think these are real?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Monster-Turbine-Pro-Copper-Edition-Ear-Speakers-/280625502212?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item4156955804

Feb 12, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #62 of 116
it appears to be real, though it seems like it might be a newer version, the supertips appear to be all white.

Mar 3, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #63 of 116

Quote:
Here's an eBay listing where the guy basically admits he's selling fakes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Monster-Turbine-Pro-Copper-In-Ear-Headphone-NIB-Sealed-/260730337640?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item3cb4bd3968

Would you know these were fake from the pictures if he didn't admit it in the body of his ad?

Oh wow...I almost bought those a couple weeks ago. But, he stopped answering my questions when I asked to see pictures, and why there were missing pieces in the box when he said they were sealed (I asked another person who bought a pair from the seller and he sad the clip was missing). I got a great deal on Overstock.com for $209 though, and I'm listening to them right now. :)

May 3, 2011 at 9:41 AM Post #71 of 116
Hi guys, wondering if you could help me out. I just purchased a pair of lightly used "genuine" MTPC's on eBay for about $150. Got them last night and listened to them with my immediate impression being that they sounded a bit veiled and muffled, completely unlike the descriptions I've read of them on here and elsewhere. So naturally I start wondering how "genuine" they are after all. Upon closer inspection, there are several typos on the outer packaging ("the thunderous power of a full-scake orchestra", "pro sound isolating earips", "two luxuriors protective cases", etc.). Also, it came with the short unbranded 1/4" adapter that I've seen reported with other fakes (see pics).

So they're probably fakes, right?

May 3, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #72 of 116
Yup, fakes. the real ones dont sound veiled at all; even without burn-in.. no typo's on my box either.
ebay dispute are a cinch; although they can take their sweet time making a decision

May 11, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #73 of 116
http://cgi.ebay.com/Monster-Turbine-PRO-In-Ear-Speakers-Copper-/170640031555?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item27baf03f43

Anyone bought from mobilepc on ebay before? Seems like a good deal.

Jun 18, 2011 at 3:47 AM Post #74 of 116
I just bought some monster turbine gold pair off of kijiji seller in Alberta Canada. There are no typos on the packaging and model # near the serial barcode is MH TBB-P IE GLD. However, at the top it is fully sealed. There is no hole for it to hang like others have mentioned. But I hope that is just a difference between US and Canada retail stores. I will take some pictures of the packaging soon. Hopefully, you guys can help me out before I open them.

Aug 8, 2011 at 11:09 AM Post #75 of 116
thanks god i found this topic.

I'm really worried for what I've bought recently, fyi, i've never spent more than 10USD for an iem and took a chance on Monster Turbine Pro Copper (MPTC) as my friend suggested; and you guys should have guess that I'm new to online shopping..
Recently, I've just made a deal on ebay under BuyAuthentic seller for MPTC, here is the link.
Do you think it sold the authentic one? Is there anychance asking Monster Cable whether the one I bought is an authentic one?
though it proved to be authentic, does it comes with waranty from Monster Cable (ie lifetime warranty for MPTC) due to an unauthorized dealer problems?
if it proved to be fake one, what's would you guys suggested considering 54USD just for shipping excluding taxes and charges (av 22.5%), refund it or just keep it?
and if it proved to be authentic but doesn't come with warranty from Monster Cable, is it still worth to keep it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back